• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Contrary to single player games when the game doesn't require testing anymore, where u can pause all u want, make notes, observe what is happening all over the world, an MP game with 5 humans surrounding u, never pausing is sommink quite different :D I just try to get on top what is happening in my country, let alone the rest. We can't write novels about this. However what makes a MP AAR different, IMO better, than the rest is the fact that u have all those human players with each their own agenda. I, at least, find it very interesting to follow that. IF everyone would post an update, that is ;) When I read an update from another nation all that is news to me too.

I really want to play as Hungary because its one of my favorites in the game. Its going to be more-so now. However it is not yet an option to play in the beta game. So as soon as Johan graces us with Hungary in the beta version i will like to post an AAR on them.

Hey, Warspite I think I've said this before but, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!
Can't wait to hear Your Hungary AAR. BTW, could one of You guys show some screenshots, especially of the new and - as BiB said - Bigger Hungary!!!!:D :D

You guys take as much time as you need to write the next update. I would rather wait a week between updates than get one everyday that is kinda short and confusing. I broght this up mainly because I was afraid you guys were about to fall into a pattern. So sorry if i was a bit rude. Whenever I open my mouth on a forum my foot imediately flies into it and it usually takes a couple of posts to dislodge it. :)

Originally posted by Achiles
You guys take as much time as you need to write the next update. I would rather wait a week between updates than get one everyday that is kinda short and confusing. I broght this up mainly because I was afraid you guys were about to fall into a pattern. So sorry if i was a bit rude. Whenever I open my mouth on a forum my foot imediately flies into it and it usually takes a couple of posts to dislodge it. :)

It's cool of you to apologize--just as I was considering reaching for the flame thrower, at that. :)

From another perspetive, Achiles, lots of us would rather have short updates than no updates at all. This is particularly true if you've been on the boards a long time and have a sense of the personalities involved. Now that it looks like MP will be more popular, I can't wait to meet some of the people here on the fields of Europe. (Particularly any of those cowardly Swedes.) ;)

-Christopher

I'm planning on squishing my fellow forum members with a mighty Cambodian Empire! :D

Inderdeed, he still is not repaying :D So far I have pumped 1400 gold into him and received 100 back. I vassalised him but that would endanger future repayments so he got set free again. If he pays back another 300 I'll be a happy camper ... :D I hear he went bankrupt a few times, lost some territories and has an inflation rate of 60% ...

Generally we don't get much info from Western Europe but England diplo annexing Burgundy was an event big enough to reach us. Austria also is dabbling a bit in Italy and the HRE. Baden remains the HRE twice in succession. Denamrk is now the Sole Defender of the Catholic Faith and is allied with Huszics's Novgorod. Novgorod has brought Pskov and Muscowy to its knees but is embroiled in a civil war.

Our Polish nation is doing well however. Despite several magnate demands troubling our stability we have a very good infrastructure. What was left of Lithuania was diplo annexed. The Teutonic Order is all but annexed. Prussia is ours. However we lost our good alliance and now are stuck with our lowly vassal Pommerania. Our expansions have given us a bad rep in Europe but we don't particularly mind.

A war with the Golden Horde brought us a few more steppe provinces out east. We made major fort investments in our capital and COT cities. Also out east we got a stronghold established.

In a quiet time in between the Teutonic Wars we sent out missionaries to convert the Orthodox heretics in former Lithuania. So far one was succesful and one is still in progress. Catholicism is spreading eastwards. Trading efforts were made all over Europe and our financial sotuation looks very good now that Bohemia isn't begging anymore ;)

Our Polish cavalery is now even better. Our leaders now are expert in such warfare so much that the Horde poses no threat to us anymore.

The plan now is to take out the Teutonic Order. For that I need access to their northern territories which are separated from me by Novgorod, whome refuse to give me military access ...

We write 1454 (or thereabouts) ...

We started with the wrong savegame and went back by about a month or two..

January 1440, We declared war on Hungary (secret deal with BiB)

May 21, 1441 : Poland accepted our generous peace offer (giving them those 2 lithuanian provinces of mine)

It then took ages to get my target 3 hungarian provinces, hungary just woudnt give them over.. I almost annexed them for that!

July 4, 1442 : Hungary accepted our generous peace offer. (For them refusing for so long, I took 4 not 3 provinces. They're own fault imho. The 3 Hungarian provinces directly bordering Austria, and one more.

Then we spent several years in peace, occasionally sending Johan some gold. And signing Royal Marriages with the most esteemed of european courts.
In the meantime BiB vassalised Johan for failing to pay his loans =p
(In an unrelated event, BiB now will not be getting a compelementary copy of EU 2 once it comes out :D )

Sometime in 1452 England annexed Burghundy

August 1452, Modena declared war on Austria! What a silly mistake. I quickly routed the attacking Modena army, then moved to besiege and capture the province of Modena. Peace terms? Some gold to austria and Modena becomes a vassal of Austria.

Then Johan got into a Badboy war. Everyone and they're mother declared war on him. So I moved Austrian troops to the north and westerly borders, and began to prepare for war. Johan was in real trouble (I wasn't allied with him at the time, but with Baden and Helvetia) Hessen annexed Johan's ally Thuringen and I knew that I had to speed up preparations. Then Johan signed a peace with Hessen giving them one of the bohemian provinces (one I had a CB on) This delighted me. I decided that I'd declare war on Hessen, capture Sudeten for myself, capture Thuringen, and give it independence (ie become vassal of austria). This was in 1454..

Then in 1455 wurthemburg Declared war on Bohemia, whoa was Johan getting his ass kicked.

January 21, 1456 : Austria declared war upon Wurtemberg.
heheheheh I wanted to go after Hessen, afterall, Sudetenland was there.. but Johan asked me to hit Wurthemburg isntead, begrudginly I agreed.

I took a -5 stability hit for johan there, went from +3 to -2. Ouch!

This surprised me:
November 30, 1456 : Bohemia accepted peace with Wurtemberg on the following terms : Ansbach to Wurtemberg

I shrugged and smiled gleefully and rubbed my hand, That's 2 provinces to Austria on a plate, thank-you very much!

After capturing both Wurthemburg and Ansbasch, I made peace with the defeated Wurthemburgians.
May 14, 1458 : Austria accepted peace with Wurtemberg on the following terms : Wurtemberg pays 334$ in indemnities. Ansbach to Austria. I decided it would be better to let them live.. for now.
Beside,s I had use for the cash.

Upgraded forts in Bavaria, Tyrol and Austria and Stensomething, that gold province, you know.

and in 1459 or so we quit playing for today. 1459.

Curretnly BiB has about 500 VP, I have about 350 and am the only real challenger for him. Except maybe England or Spain(when it emerges) when they start colonising.

Currently Baden is the Pope, but Im slowly getting more and more votes and will recapture the HRE title to myself once more. Denmark is the sole protector of the catholic faith!

BiB converted a few orthodox provinces to Catholic in Poland.

Bohemia is down to 4 or 5 provinces. Huszics got all but 1 province of Muscow, so he's done pretty well for today. Austria has the lowest inflation and not a single loan to pay. We're starting to look quite big, and unlike Poland, those are all QUALITY provinces :D

BiB's day's are numbered. :p

I actually DID pay back a 300$ loan to Poland and a 133$ loan to Austria.

Not my fault that Novgord lost the 200$ loan when they declared war on my ally Muscovy :)

Bohemia currently consists of 5 provinces, we just went bankrupt, we have a very bad reputation, we have an inflation of 61%, and are squeezed between the mighty empires in Krakow and Vienna.

Pommerania and Hessen, then currently strongest german states hates my guts, and my trust ally and vassal Thüringen was annexed by Hessen.

This is the MOST fun with playing MP... You CAN'T reload, you CAN'T cheat... You're stuck to deal with the consequences of your actions..

Time to code some new random events that decrease inflation before next patch :)

"Baden is the Pope"

What does THIS mean? they get control of Papal States, or what? and what are the implications for player-controlled Papal States?

Originally posted by Deaghaidh
"Baden is the Pope"

What does THIS mean? they get control of Papal States, or what? and what are the implications for player-controlled Papal States?

i think his mind said one thing and his hands wrote another thing, i think it was HRE thing he should say.

ditto

Originally posted by Johan
This is the MOST fun with playing MP... You CAN'T reload, you CAN'T cheat... You're stuck to deal with the consequences of your actions..

That is exactly why multi-player got me playing EU1 again, in addition to the nasty intricacies of alliances.

You really take some time (and nerve) considering that diplo-annex attempt when you know you can't reload if they break the vassalship you've worked for the past 10 years!

Christopher

I can't wait to meet some of the people here on the fields of Europe. (Particularly any of those cowardly Swedes.)

Reading the two MPAARs has left me with the same desperate felling that EU2 can´t be released too soon. Beeing one of the most cowardly Swedes ever known I´ll pick you up on your challenge any day.

Originally posted by Johan
I actually DID pay back a 300$ loan to Poland and a 133$ loan to Austria.

Not my fault that Novgord lost the 200$ loan when they declared war on my ally Muscovy :)

Bohemia currently consists of 5 provinces, we just went bankrupt, we have a very bad reputation, we have an inflation of 61%, and are squeezed between the mighty empires in Krakow and Vienna.

Pommerania and Hessen, then currently strongest german states hates my guts, and my trust ally and vassal Thüringen was annexed by Hessen.

Time to code some new random events that decrease inflation before next patch :)

Shouldn't have come from under the wings of your Polish overlord ;)

Re: ditto

Originally posted by chris8b

That is exactly why multi-player got me playing EU1 again, in addition to the nasty intricacies of alliances.

You really take some time (and nerve) considering that diplo-annex attempt when you know you can't reload if they break the vassalship you've worked for the past 10 years!

Christopher

From all of the multi-player AAR's, you can see that we've gotten Johan addicted to MP, and recently, almost every single "bug fix" has been a MP bug fix =p

poor SP guys =)