• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Havard said:
This is not correct. Quoting within fair use is allowed for any copyrighted material... :)

Of course everything is open to interpretation.
Whether you may or may not quote, say a book, and whether you may or may not put quoted stuff on this forum, is two completely different subjects. They have not the slightest to do with each other.

I find it a little amusing, no insult indented, that an Admin says ‘Quoting within fair use is allowed for any copyrighted material’, even though the user agreement, which both you and I have agreed too, says, without much digdida, that unless the stuff is yours, you can’t post it.
If you quote, you per definition are copying something, - else it would not be a quoting. The User agreement says a 100% you cannot do that! (even though rule 12 of 'General rules' says you can!)

That this sentence of yours is true, and this is how it’s done in the real world, does not deduct from the fact that the user agreement for this forum says different. 'User agreement' take priority over 'General rules', so says point 1 of 'General rules'

I fear we are waayyy of the initial subject of the thread, so I shall stop now. Maybe we should make an OT thread of this? Interesting stuff.