• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mad ducats dot com.

The Maidenly Adventures of Queen Judith

As told with many pictures. And few words.

(the quality is low because there's a lot of them. pictures that is. the low quality of the words is all my fault though.)

1425 - 1427

ScreenSave308.jpg

The plan was simple.

. . . amazingly simple. This may bear further investigation.

ScreenSave309.jpg

Rodislav's first mistake: being named Rodislav.

Being a mortal enemy in the presence of a Knýtling is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

ScreenSave310.jpg

Interesting.

Were I a more malicious queen, I would start giving archbishoprics to my enemies.

ScreenSave311.jpg

With the war in Africa over, the King of North Africa, who lives somewhere in Siberia, gives me thousands of ducats.

He's, ahem, toast.

ScreenSave312.jpg

I spent the ducats on tapestries.

They're really nice tapestries.

ScreenSave313.jpg

My armies invade Tunisia by marching in a simple, straight path towards Tunisia.

I'm starting to get a bit weirded out by this.

ScreenSave314.jpg

Ah, that explains it.

This is Stephen, my hideous nephew. Under normal circumstances, he'd be my mortal enemy. Instead, he's my marshal.

That explains why my armies are acting so efficiently; they're being run by the bad guys.

ScreenSave316.jpg

Valdemar Knýtling. Now why is that name so familiar?

Ah, he was one of my ancestors! Let's see what the books say about him.

Hm.

Ah.

:eek:

:eek:o

ScreenSave318.jpg

If I hadn't read about Valdemar Knýtling, I never would have learned the skills necessary to be a papal controller.

It's apparently all in the wrist. Who knew?

ScreenSave319.jpg

Oh, poo.

I finally get my hands on the pope and he's defective.

That's just my luck.

Judith has a pope in her hot little hands, but he's no good to her with such limp prestige. That's why Judith does the one thing hardest to do in the all the world: track down an Arab emirate to sack. There just happens to be one nearby, so off her armies go in the care of her warty marshal Stephen to embark on the second-to-last crusade! And then Sunifred really screws things up badly, giving Judith just the window she needs to . . . Sunifred? The king of England is named Sunifred? Oh, for God's sake. Whatever. Judith does all that stuff I just talked about as the adventures of Judith Knýtling continue!​

Last edited:
Stephen's got a brutal spelling of his name, truly. But at the same time, he is very effective and can probably spearhead an attack as soon as Judith's diplomatic legs fail.

Valdemar Knýtling continues to be the greatest Knýtling even from beyond the grave when people have to look him up in books. That's exactly how unspeakably great he is.

And the second to last crusade has an excellent ring to it, confident but not too cocky. :D

Ehrm, Judith seem to be awfully found of bedposts. :wacko:
She's becoming old and ugly now though, she's twice my age after all. :p
Maybe the queen should marry her hideous nephew? :D

What a wonderful queen!

judith_bright.jpg

General Jac, would you be so low a man as to judge a girl by her love of bedposts? And I think we can all agree that our queenly heroine is aging quite gracefully. Why, she barely looks a day over (wikipedia search. . . ) 24!

El Pip, I know who my favorite Knýtling is. Hah. That'd make a great sitcom. My Favorite Knýtling. I have to admit that the desperate urge to bring back Valdemar persists all the time. And . . .the second-to-last crusade bit is a bit, ahm, well, it's foreshadowing.

Snugglie, I had to look it up just to figure out how to pronounce it. Szcz indeed. Hmm. I think we're passing the point at which he can spearhead any attacks on Judith, but Szczeppy will get his moment in the sun, never fear. If only by virtue of timing. p.s. screw MechTheDane!

robou, it's hard to be scared of Sunifred. English kings in Crusader Kings seem to be a continual string of Humberts and Aubreys and Pedros and Ahmeds. As for how you vote, I hope you vote for the AAR that is of the highest quality, with the most conscientious author, and with the most compelling story and the best writing. Barring that, I hope you vote for mine.

Sekenr, hell yeah!

kalenderee, you are my target audience and I will walk on hot coals on your behalf, provided that they have cooled to a sufficiently-cool temperature.

Eams, Judith doesn't take much for herself. She's just not that sort of girl. And, if Crusader Kings is any indication, I'll be having kids right up until I die of old age at 38. Also, canonized isn't even good enough for rat tart.

Onward!

Last edited:
Everything I wanted to know about being queen, I learned from a history book.

(the quality is low because there's a lot of them. pictures that is. the low quality of the words is all my fault though.)

1427 - 1429

ScreenSave320.jpg

I've got to make this pope happy. Otherwise, he's never going to excommunicate Sunifred!

It takes awhile, but we find a Muslim province in Palestine, of all places.

God wills it!

ScreenSave321.jpg

His name was Toktamis? If I were God, I'd will him to get defeated by Szczepan.

Mortal enemies need mortal enemies too, you know.

ScreenSave322.jpg

With that done, war with England is inevitable.

We have claims on his king-title and a couple of count titles. I am meticulous and precise.

He has claims all over me. He is a typical man.

ScreenSave323.jpg

This vassal doesn't even put up a fight before he offers to give up his titles, his money, and his dignity.

It turns out he hasn't actually got any dignity, but I kind of like that quality in a man.

ScreenSave324.jpg

Our position in Italy makes the conquest of Sunifred's provinces there particularly easy.

If you want to get ahold of a man's provinces, it's important to be in the right position.

I learned that from a history book.

Guess which one.

ScreenSave325.jpg

Sometimes, you have to be in position to grab more than one province at a time.

I read that somewhere.

ScreenSave326.jpg

And there goes England!

No man has been able to keep his king-title from me for long since I read a history book.

Yeah, that history book.

ScreenSave327.jpg

Some people say that my reputation is tarnished, but it's all a matter of perspective.

ScreenSave328.jpg

My reputation: going down. My fame: going up.

I learned that from a history book too.

ScreenSave329.jpg

Edith dies an early death. For some chilling reason, I think this is payment for finding that history book.

God may not will it, but ghosts of ancient uncles sometimes do.

The knowledge of Valdemar is at her fingertips, and I'm really losing my train of thought because 'fingertips' is an erotic word. Say it with me. 'Fingertips'. It's almost as good as 'gavelkind', but anyway with Edith dead, Judith must appoint a chancellor smart enough, diplomatic enough, and hot enough to keep her dozens of vassals satisfied. She'll get one out of three, but that may not be enough for her relatives, who have grown accostomed to having their vassal-urges satisfied by Knýtling women. And what about papal indulgences? And what about chaos in Germany? And what about- well, there are answers to these questions, and the ghost with the most answers them all as the adventures of Judith Knýtling continue!​

phargle said:
And what about- well, there are answers to these questions, and the ghost with the most answers them all as the adventures of Judith Knýtling continue!
Huzzah! The ghost with the most, I'm sure he will be able to 'entertain' Edith now she's passed over, no more unicorns or bedposts for her I'll wager.

Oh that could be a blow. Lets hope you have someone of similar quality of ... i think it best to stop the sentance there.

She raped Sunifred just like a woman wailing for her demon lover :eek:o

Wait, did I mistakenly enter an erotic novel?

It makes me sad that CK timeframe is closing to an end. I can't imagine what the life without Knytlings will be like. :(

Szczepan should be Šćepan, but there if no friging way an English speaking person to read it correctly, since two first sounds don't exist in English.

Edith dies an early death. For some chilling reason, I think this is payment for finding that history book.
Some people send dead people to God's judgment, and some send them into her uncle's incorporeal bed.

EvilSanta said:
Wait, did I mistakenly enter an erotic novel?

It makes me sad that CK timeframe is closing to an end. I can't imagine what the life without Knytlings will be like. :(
Don't try to, it's frightening.

Now all we're waiting for is an appearance by Valdemar himself.

Judith versus Bohdan, Judith wins!

1429 - 1430

ScreenSave330.jpg

Berenguera is tapped for the difficult task of keeping my dozens of vassals satisfied.

My vassals are either desperate or blind.

I guess they could be desperate and blind.

ScreenSave331.jpg

I read a history book that said I should give it to the poor.

It said I should give it to them hard.

ScreenSave332.jpg

Beating Sunifred means I have a dozen provinces in Germany, which is more than the king of Germany can say.

I have words with him. And by that, I mean I grab his king-title.

ScreenSave333.jpg

While I grab his king-title with one hand, I reach down and grab his farthest provinces with the other.

ScreenSave334.jpg

And then I grab his farthest, farthest province with my other, other. . . okay, so this analogy isn't working.

I guess Valdemar's history books can't teach me everything, because I don't have three hands.

ScreenSave335.jpg

I spanked Ulrich hard and then he paid me. Now I've done something that isn't in Valdemar's hist-

No, wait. There it is.

ScreenSave336.jpg

Ulrich marks the loss of his king-title by assuming a banner with a red cross on it and pledging himself to Byzantium.

I guess Manuel started some sort of tradition.

ScreenSave337.jpg

Speaking of traditions, this is one I could do without.

Why does it always have to be treason? Why can't it be something like flowers in the air?

Some people might think of that as a disaster. People who don't like flowers, for example.

ScreenSave338.jpg

Bohdan Knýtling, my uncle or cousin or. . . whatever, I don't really care.

He is this close to becoming my mortal enemy.

ScreenSave339.jpg

Every loan shark in Tunisia is rounded up and shipped to Holstein.

Judith Knýtling, you're a. . . princess.

That was close, but Judith avoided saying it! But can she avoid saying it the next time? Bohdan poses a minor threat that Judith tries to milk for all the prestige he's worth, a deed that inspires vassal after vassal to pledge themselve to her! It's all Greek to our lovely queen, and she solves the Greek problem with a delicate application of papal power - just enough to end her civil war - as the adventures of Judith Knýtling continue!​

i fear if you tried to track exactly what relation Bohdan was, you would be there all year and most likely never find out. Probably something related to Judith's mother's grandpa's dog's mother ....

General Jac, would you be so low a man as to judge a girl by her love of bedposts?

Yeah, I certainly do and I ain't a low man either, Im well above average height. :p

And I think we can all agree that our queenly heroine is aging quite gracefully. Why, she barely looks a day over (wikipedia search. . . ) 24!

Sure Judith is still a PILF. :D

Tsk, tsk I see that Judith gives money to the poor, I guess this is why the vassals are revolting, Judith needs to keep the serfs down! :mad:

This is the second time this one is reminiscing and hinting a WC! Not bad.

It seems that the progress of Aragon has excelled since the demise of Blazej. Good for Scarlett... Judith.

phargle said:
I spanked Ulrich hard and then he paid me. Now I've done something that isn't in Valdemar's hist-

No, wait. There it is.

I know I shouldn't have found that as funny as I did, but then I never claimed to have a sophisticated sense of humour. :D