Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For example, I have in some patches sunk convoys in the Japan sea while raiding off Hawaii, in central Pacific. There are points in the map that are not properly co-ordinated together, and so I am just asking if you looked at the UK position to see if there is actually a British convoy going through there. This is to look at how the problem is working.

I am not saying that it is not a problem. Just trying to figure out where the problem lies.

Cueball your questions are more than legitimate because are helpful to understand better the issue. I did what you asked for

http://www.2shared.com/file/9241380/741b2e0b/trade_route.html

trade_route.html

It seems that as Cyprus is still in UK hands convoys are sent back and forth.

Last edited:
I have again a question, if this is a WAD or a BUG:

I set for an army group not to upgrade. If I take a unit out from a group, it doesn't "inherits" this setting from it's former group. This results more micromanagement (especially for when playing SOV).

Also an issue: when redeploying a group, it forgets the setting, that doesn't allow it to upgrade. Again, the result is more micromanagement and noting, which unit was redeployed...

That is true.

cliffnotes?

Can someone give me a cliff-notes on this patch as for as good and bad. I installed and am playing as SOV and frankly I'm dissapointed. After taking poiland, germany didn't invade France and wasn't even hostile against them. I saved and went in as GER and declared war then went back to my side. France has actually made in-roads into GER. The only event that fired after the POL annex was the Winter war but thats it. Even JAP hasn't DOW'd USA and it's early '42. Any real reason to keep this patch?

Can someone give me a cliff-notes on this patch as for as good and bad. I installed and am playing as SOV and frankly I'm dissapointed. After taking poiland, germany didn't invade France and wasn't even hostile against them. I saved and went in as GER and declared war then went back to my side. France has actually made in-roads into GER. The only event that fired after the POL annex was the Winter war but thats it. Even JAP hasn't DOW'd USA and it's early '42. Any real reason to keep this patch?

That doesn't sound like an issue with the patch. It sounds more like the allies didn't guarantee Poland (I have seen this happen in other versions of the game).

Sometimes Japan can go far into 42 before it declares on the US - again this is something that has happened in other versions.

The game has always been intended to have a small chance of having a-historical outcomes, and these sometimes are dead ends unfortunately.

ghost fleets not removed / no more general pics

after using the patch i still have a ghost fleet of 3414 fleets in La Coruña in Spain.... clicking on it and the game save is corrupt, besides that the game now responds sloooooooooooooooooooooow.

furthermore all pics from the generals are no longer visible

any hints to that?

after using the patch i still have a ghost fleet of 3414 fleets in La Coruña in Spain.... clicking on it and the game save is corrupt, besides that the game now responds sloooooooooooooooooooooow.

furthermore all pics from the generals are no longer visible

any hints to that?

The patch isnt supposed to work with your old save games-you have to start a new game.

Which folder contains the new spy settings?

I've got some interface problem with this in any other aspect great patch. I read the whole topic, as well as the topic about the beta 1 patch, but I haven't found anything about this. Sorry, if it was mentioned anyway.

In the division statistics screen the scrollbar has somehow moved to the opposite side. It's now on the left side, while being right in v1.2. However, because it is set left now, it can't be used anymore. The division names hide parts of it, especially is there no arrow up or arrow down for scrolling. A click on the bar doesn't help either, because it appears to be in the background behind the names. A double click on the bar actually brings you to the unit's location on the map.

In my clean v1.2 everything worked fine, but after patching that directory this problem appears.

Here are two comparison shots before and after patching, showing the unclickable scroll bar and also that the whole layout changed to something worse.

Before:
screensave0v12.jpg

After:
screensave0v13b2.jpg

Is there some way to fix that?

Last edited:
In 1.3 we expanded in width some of the columns in order to fit more text. The problem is that most of the columns were left with dynamic width which means they could be wider depending on the header text. We didn't catch that bug because most of the beta testing was in the English version. As a solution you can edit German texts for that screen in text.csv file to a shorter versions.

Search for these:
EYRMODEL;Model;Modиle;Modello;Modelo;Modell;Model;;;;;x
EYRSOFT;Soft;Unitйs lйgиres;Leggero;No Blind.;Weich;Siіa їywa;;;;;x
EYRHA;HA;HA;AP;AC;Hard;PPANC;;;;;x
EYRSA;SA;SA;AL;AP;Soft;PSЇ;;;;;x
EYRAA;AA;AA;CA;AA;LA;Plot;;;;;x
EYRDEF;DE;DE;DE;DE;Verteid.;OB;;;;;x
EYRTOU;TO;TO;TO;RE;Belastb.;WYT;;;;;x
EYRAIRD;AD;AD;AD;DA;LV;OBLOT;;;;;x
EYRSUPP;SU;SU;SU;Ne.;Unterd.;ZA;;;;;x
EYRSPEED;SPEED;VITESSE;VELOCITА;Velo.;Geschw.;SZYB;;;;;x
EYRSUPPLY;SC;SC;SC;CS;Nachsch.;ZZA;;;;;x
EYRFUEL;FC;FC;FC;CC;Цl;ZPAL;;;;;x

Great, that's it indeed! I had tried before to shorten the brigade shortcuts, since they are the most obvious change in the german version, but without a success. Cutting your texts, however, works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your quick advice. :)

Hi, since I installed the 1.3 B2 patch I'm not able to attack by sea. I don't know if it's a known problem
First, this mod is not compatible with the betas. Second, that is not a problem but a fix to a bug; you MUST use the amphibious attack option to invade now, not just unload (done to prevent attacks from multiple sea areas at once).