Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have no idea if this is mentioned somewhere else, but I'm continuing to have problems trying to install this patch onto my game on my new computer (worked fine on my laptop before this)...

Anyway, when I try to upgrade Armageddon to 1.3b2 using the link provided here, it gives me this error when I try to unzip it:

! C:\Users\user\Downloads\Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 - 24.04.2009 - PHVR.rar: Cannot create HoI2.exe
! Access is denied.

So... no updated game. Tried a different version I saved from when I did it on my laptop, but that file is corrupted somehow, and it won't work. I can't find another link to try this on, and I'm at the end of my rope. I loved playing HOI2 DD Armageddon with the 1.3b2 patch on my laptop, but I can't do it on my new computer! :mad:

Can anyone help?

Try to move the game to another unprotected folder like C:\games\hoi2Arma

Then apply the patch to that location.

Alright, that got it to work, thanks!

Also, is their any news about when 1.3b will come out of beta? Just curious...

There will be no more development on Arma. With 2 new expansions to the game this is the end.

There will be no more development on Arma. With 2 new expansions to the game this is the end.
Oh, no. Wouldn't it be elegant to at least make official 1.3 patch. There are many things to improve (mainly tweak) in the game. Let's just look at provinces. They doesn't seem to represent historical reality. For example IC/manpower/resources distriution, lack of forts, etc. I can really do some work in the files, even create some techs and events, so others could eventually(!) work on hardcoding. I know it could just be left for modders, but then why not simply release new engine patch ?
You could say, that "DD armageddon" is rather obsolete, and not worth patching because number of player is decreasing. However that isn't so obvious, and what more important - many people would still play arma if it was well polished/improved.
So please consider that again, maybe an announcement for volunteers who could help to make HOI 2 DD be the famous class by itself.

Oh, no. Wouldn't it be elegant to at least make official 1.3 patch. There are many things to improve (mainly tweak) in the game. Let's just look at provinces. They doesn't seem to represent historical reality. For example IC/manpower/resources distriution, lack of forts, etc. I can really do some work in the files, even create some techs and events, so others could eventually(!) work on hardcoding. I know it could just be left for modders, but then why not simply release new engine patch ?
You could say, that "DD armageddon" is rather obsolete, and not worth patching because number of player is decreasing. However that isn't so obvious, and what more important - many people would still play arma if it was well polished/improved.
So please consider that again, maybe an announcement for volunteers who could help to make HOI 2 DD be the famous class by itself.

First off thank you bosman for your continued interest in the game. Your offer to help with the work just proves the value of having games that are easily modified by the public to enhance the value of the game.

Having said that some of what you are requesting would be feature enhancements that would go beyond the spirit of a simple free patch.

I do however recommend that you contact the developers of Darkest Hour and AOD and see if perhaps you could work with them. The small investment to purchase their games is well worth it. Both teams have created wonderful products and I am sure they would appreciate any assistance that your could offer them.

You are right. Well, my wish was to make original HoI2 something like a perfect standard, which i mean (sorry, not so easy to express in english :p) a game being good enough to be played as it is. In other words not because of features, but because of effects. AoD and DH base mainly on new features and of course some tweaks/improvements, but if i remember correctly they still lack some accuracy, which could be added to armageddon.
Someone may even conclude, that improving arma would force AoD & DH groups to additionally improve their games, and since it's not my intention, i would say - why not ?
So, basically i just offered my help. I don't want to be intrusive if others wish to withdraw, but fell obliged to write it, that's all.

bosman; said:
So, basically i just offered my help. l.

1+, but you should look for some modders to ally with.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, i made some tweaks in Province.csv file regarding IC/manpower/resources in following countries:
Czechoslovakia, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Soviet Union
Currently i'm focusing on Europe for obvious reason, but also plan some improvements for Eastern Asia.
To be honest, this is not a super realism concept, just an improvement. Next area will probably be techs.
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/f26a0a2c5cbdb75871391bb