Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Which reminds me the techs given out in those events really should be random ones from the ongoing tech tree. The specific tech are rarely useful I find, since I have researched them already.

The Mediterranean is sealed but the UK convoys continue passing across!
2eyhpbl.jpg

1) I even see the BP sign on the tech I've researched ages before. This can be easily reproduced (steel as GER like crazy...). Anyone else?

It happened to me a few times.

The only time I've seen it happen is playing as Germany and I have researched the light tank tech and motorised infantry tech you get from the end of Czechoslovakia event before the event fires.

Which reminds me the techs given out in those events really should be random ones from the ongoing tech tree. The specific tech are rarely useful I find, since I have researched them already.
As EnglandWarrior says, it is possible to get them from events that specify the exact BP to get (i.e., SCW Victory Events, End of Czechoslovakia, etc.). For events that just give a random BP you shouldn't get a BP that you can't research (i.e., wrong tree, haven't met the requirements yet, etc.).
For Espionage you can get ANY BP that you haven't completed research on yet AND haven't already gotten the BP for, but there is no requirement for it to be in an open tree.

You can have the event give you a BP that you are researching. Code is:

Code:
	command = { type = gain_tech which = -2 }

# Gains a blueprint, [-1] for random tech, [-2] for a random tech currently being researched not a technology.

Another idea might be to give these "historical" BP's when the original intervention events fired, then it would be more useful. This actually makes the most sense since the acquired BP is a result of ongoing field experimentation.

The reason they didn't do it this way was to reward the victor. But that doesn't really make a lot of sense. Its not like D.G. Pavlov didn't return from Spain with expanded knowledge, simply because the Republicans lost.

Last edited:
When the Final 1.3 is supposed to come?
In celebration of 15 Anniversary foundation of Paradox Interactive?
5 years after Release of Hoi2?
As kind of gift to Christmas?
:rolleyes:

(pls dont quote signatures of some specific persons)

I would like it to be released. It seems fairly bug free, and a lot of fan work went into it. A few tweaks here and there to the spy system would be good.

I have been running EIR on it for a few months now, and it seems stable and performs better than Vanilla.

Did you check the UK to see if the convoy is actually running through there? Or just pick up convoy traffic?

Did you check the UK to see if the convoy is actually running through there? Or just pick up convoy traffic?

Just bombing convoys in the Mediterranean and getting those messages in the picture: "xx convoys has been sunk"

PS

The Mediterranean has been sealed more than one year ago

Just bombing convoys in the Mediterranean and getting those messages in the picture: "xx convoys has been sunk"

PS

The Mediterranean has been sealed more than one year ago

Sure, but the question goes to the heart of the problem. Because I have in the past intercepted convoys in sea zones far away from where my raiders are. Is it a map glitch or a convoy glitch, is basically what I am getting at.

Sure, but the question goes to the heart of the problem. Because I have in the past intercepted convoys in sea zones far away from where my raiders are. Is it a map glitch or a convoy glitch, is basically what I am getting at.

I'm not sure to get you. I have just those NAV hunting in the Mediterranean and only those NAV hunting convoys. When they fly over the sea they sink. It should be a really strange kind of glitching coincidence. :)

Last edited:
For example, I have in some patches sunk convoys in the Japan sea while raiding off Hawaii, in central Pacific. There are points in the map that are not properly co-ordinated together, and so I am just asking if you looked at the UK position to see if there is actually a British convoy going through there. This is to look at how the problem is working.

I am not saying that it is not a problem. Just trying to figure out where the problem lies.