UPDATED 14/06/18 - *** Rules for User Made Mods and Edits of PDS games ***

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On topic of Wiki pages, I know it is possible to create new pages without express permission but is there anyone I need to ask or inform before starting to creating a new page for my own mod?
Feel free; no need to inform anyone.
If you mess up the formatting or anything like that, I'll fix it; I get automatic email alerts for all wiki edits.

If you mess up the formatting or anything like that, I'll fix it; I get automatic email alerts for all wiki edits.
I should be fine, it all seems rather simple. If I get stuck I assume it is ok for me to observe the code of other articles? without making an edit of course. Thanks for the reply.

f I get stuck I assume it is ok for me to observe the code of other articles?
Of course; I pretty much expect new editors creating a page to just copy a similar page and switch out the content with something more fitting.
It's the easiest way to quickly set up a page, especially if you're new to wiki editing. Even as an experienced editor I often do that.

By the way does the pdx wiki parse LaTeX code just like wikipedia?

By the way does the pdx wiki parse LaTeX code just like wikipedia?
It does!
Heavily used on the combat-related pages for example.

This is getting pretty off-topic though. Should be taken to the relevant wiki's forum thread.

It does!
Heavily used on the combat-related pages for example.

This is getting pretty off-topic though. Should be taken to the relevant wiki's forum thread.

@Meneth: in which thread can I read and ask more about the wiki and setting one up for my mods?

Reactions:
Do you want instances of external linkages reported here, then? Because there's a fair bit of coordinated moderating that needs to be done with just Reddit alone if that rule's to be fully enforced.
What do you mean by this; reddit isn't part of PI, so they cannot moderate there.
If the person on Reddit is a forum member, moderators can send a warning message requiring to remove the link from Reddit... they have done so for Penguintopia and i on our respective Wikis in the early days of EUIV. Same with Facebook page, or direct download link on Steam Workshop pages for other mods.

Reactions:
If the person on Reddit is a forum member, moderators can send a warning message requiring to remove the link from Reddit... they have done so for Penguintopia and i on our respective Wikis in the early days of EUIV. Same with Facebook page, or direct download link on Steam Workshop pages for other mods.
Isn't @Meneth a reddit moderator?

Yup. I still remember the days in which the VeF Wiki had download links which had to be removed because of a PDX warning.

Any chance @Castellon or @Captain Gars could comment on the issues and problems raised in this thread?

Not sure what you want me to comment on, Every one of these questions has been answered time and time again.

No, we have no plans to open the forums wide open.
I never said and no one has ever said that github or any other service could not be used for internal organization or version control. What you cannot do is have it available to the public, this means taking reasonable steps to ensure it is not widely available, such as posting links in the forums, or using the name of the mod or the game in the title, I would suggest something like we use (A project name). If some person goes browsing and happens to find your project, well that is life, You can not be held responsible for that unless you contributed in someway.

Any mod is free to have a webpage or social media, as long as on those pages you do not allow DL links. Or have public forums. The only place you should be able to get your mod is through the automated Steam workshop DL, and through a link on modding sub forums here.

No the grandfathering will not change, Someone already repeated my pets in apartments analogue and although they discount it, it still works for me.

Also: this is thread is about modding rules, please contact Meneth about issues related to the Wiki.

Reactions:
Please be more specific.

See original question + discussion here:

Is the use of publicly advertised bug-tracking tools allowed? The Elder Kings mod (CK II) uses a public bug-tracking tool.

Here is their bug-tracker advertised in their sub-forum

I assume it is allowed because the guy who has been updating the thread is a Demi-Moderator :D Their mod is also publicly distributed via third party sites (ModBB).

What is the material difference between having available, in the mod thread on the access-limited Paradox forums, a Mediafire download link and a Github download link? Both are then shareable by anyone with access to it, and neither actually does anything to ensure the person accessing it is coming from the Paradox forums. And the Github download link makes things substantially more convenient for mod authors and legitimate users alike.

Reactions:
Rule #9

Why is it alright for youtubers to receive ad money and twitch donations from playing Paradox titles but not okay for modders to get donations or start patreons??
Hell, most of those youtubers/streamers are even using those very mods while getting donations.

The Cities Skylines developers had no problem with people supporting modders through patreon yet Paradox themselves won't allow it??

Is it possible to get an comprehensive explanation to these questions??

Reactions:
Thanks, need to go take some links down then so were not allowed to make our own forums either? I remember MEIOU and Taxes making one while I still worked on it.
Answered here instead to avoid derailing the other thread. I believe you are allowed to make your own forums, as long as those are developers only.

Answered here instead to avoid derailing the other thread. I believe you are allowed to make your own forums, as long as those are developers only.
Good idea, I would really like to know why there have been more restrictions on things such as github, frankly I find it idiotic and if it wasnt for omega I'd be considering just pulling my stuff off the forums if more of these restrictions come into place.