• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm in!

A Fitting Start

From the Bischof of the Kaldruby, to Herzog Vratislav of Böhmen:

"To the esteemed Herzog of Böhmen, Vratislav Premyslovci,

Your justice and perseverance are renowned throughout the Reich. Your skill in battle is only matched by your loving stewardship of the people over which God has placed you. Your bravery in the face of danger, matched by the piety and reverence you have for our Lord.

I humbly accept the offer you have given to me, to be your Kanzler. To be placed on a council of such good and Godly people, to advise your unending rule, would be one of the greatest honors that has been bestowed upon me in all my years.

May God bless you and keep you,
Bischof Rajmund"

kJxCyNH.png

From Herzog Vratislav, to Kaiser der Römer Heinrich IV of HRR:

"To the magnificent Kaiser der Römer Heinrich,

May your reign know no end and your enemies fall to dust.

I gladly accept the tutelage you offer at your Imperial court, for my nephew Svatobor, under the 'Sea-Devil' Volchart. He is growing to be a man soon, and, for the opportunity to come of age in the Imperial court, I am certain he, and I, will be eternally grateful to you.

However, it is with a heavy heart that I must decline your offer of tutelage for my first-born son, Bretislav, under Azo. He is still very young, and barely understands Tschechen culture, and for him to leave this early would leave him terribly confused. Have no fear, he shall remain under my guardianship.

Your loyal servant,
Vratislav"
Eolrm6t.png

From Król Boleslaw of Polska, to Herzog Vratislav of Böhmen:

"To Książę Vratislav,

Of course I shall stand with you against the Węgierski menace! You are a great warrior, and a greater friend, but most importantly, you are my brother! You care for my sister, as your wife, and my nephews grow by the day into the future leaders of Cyganeria. To stand with you, and fight for your family's rightful place as the rulers of Węgry, would be an honor no one else could bestow.

I will meet you on the battlefield!

Your brother,
Król Boleslaw"

H0aeCeZ.png

From Grafo Konrad Premyslovci, to Grafo Ota Premyslovci:

"To Ota,

Has our brother gone mad?! I know the death of our brother has been hard on him, but this is insanity! Calling a meeting in the dead of night to discuss... immortality? And then sending me out on a mission to find someone who can achieve such a preposterous task! What am I to do Ota, you were always the smart one.

Konrad"

uY5taRG.png

From the diary of Bischof Rajmund:

"What is Vratislav up to? He won't tell me anything, but have been a flurry of letters back and forth and judging from the seals, they're from high positions across Europe. I saw several I couldn't recoginize, but I am certain they're from Croatia. There were some from Poland, as well as some all the way from France. If I'm not mistaken, I saw the seal of French king!

I don't suspect he's betraying his alliance against Poland, but he could be going after his Ota's wife's claim over Ungarn. If that's the case, then I worry for this land. Vratislav is wise, and an excellent general, but to so brazenly attack such a powerful kingdom... I do not know if we can sustain it."

ECS5A2h.png

From the notes of Marschall Konrad:

"All of our levies have been raised and gathered in Olomouc. The Maďarský army approaches and they carry with them over twice our number in men. God help us, for I do not know Vratislav's plan."

tWKfuFX.png

Ooh I like this Orjasmo-welcome back to CKII AAR land my friend

Very much enjoy this despatches or letters style-great 1st chapter

will be interesting to flesh out the main characters and their motivations-sometimes that can take a while to acquire with this writing style but I'm definitely intrigued. What is Vratislav up to I wonder?

Ooh, an epistolary / "scrapbook"-style AAR. It's been a while since I've seen one of these 'round these parts :)

Vratislav is certainly making a bold play there. I'm sure he's counting on his well-constructed web of alliances to aid him, but will they arrive in time? Let's hope our esteemed Herzog has the martial prowess and cunning to back up his audacity and ambitions.