• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing as an Emir (muslim duke), vassal of the Sultan of Andalusia, last version of the game and all the major DLCs. I've aquired 3 ducal tier titles, but I don't see any opinion penalties on my vassals, isn't the limit 2 ducal titles?

I'm playing as an Emir (muslim duke), vassal of the Sultan of Andalusia, last version of the game and all the major DLCs. I've aquired 3 ducal tier titles, but I don't see any opinion penalties on my vassals, isn't the limit 2 ducal titles?

The limit is 2 ducal titles if you're playing as a character with a higher tier than Duke. Playing as a Duke, you can have as many duchies as you want, although you're going to have bother with vassal counts wanting your non-primary duchies.

The limit is 2 ducal titles if you're playing as a character with a higher tier than Duke. Playing as a Duke, you can have as many duchies as you want, although you're going to have bother with vassal counts wanting your non-primary duchies.

Cool, what if I get independance but don't get any higher tier titles, does it work the same way?

I'm currently working on a game to convert to EU4, and it's only the 12th century but I've already got everything set up the way I want.

However, there is one more thing I want to do. I want to manually trigger the Mongol Invasions, I've still got 80 years before the first one starts and I really don't want to wait; I've already tried manually firing the events but they don't work right.

What should I do?

I hate doing this, but bump.

I'm currently playing an Old Gods start game as the Wessex dynasty. I've become Emperor of Britannia and have landed Ango-Saxon lords on most of Ireland, all of Wales and Scotland. Currently, half of Ireland and parts of Scotland and Wales have culture flipped to Anglo-Saxon.

I want to know if Anglo-Saxon culture ever turns to English? If not, what National Ideas will Britannia have in EU4 when I convert it over?

Does anyone know what (and where) I need to change in order to allow feasts/summerfairs for certain pagan religions (like the aztecs or the west african faith)? Right now, they are kind of meh without those ...

Ah, and while I'm at this, is their a way to allow looting for other groups of faith than the pagan ones? Christian/muslim raiders sounds pretty nice, so ...

I'm currently playing an Old Gods start game as the Wessex dynasty. I've become Emperor of Britannia and have landed Ango-Saxon lords on most of Ireland, all of Wales and Scotland. Currently, half of Ireland and parts of Scotland and Wales have culture flipped to Anglo-Saxon.

I want to know if Anglo-Saxon culture ever turns to English? If not, what National Ideas will Britannia have in EU4 when I convert it over?

They will only flip to english if the top level liege is norman, then the english melting pot event chain will start. Otherwise, my best guess for the NIs would be the default english ones

He theoretically possesses the ability to do so, but since there are no crusade weights set for Judaism, he will never call one.

I don't know if you can request one be called.

Is it possible to win every election keep ruling a merchant republic as a Doge, by using campaign funds? Is it even possible to use campaign funds to offset prestige and age penalty and get young adults elected as Doges? How much money would it usually require?

Secondly, does the title "Doge" come for every single culture? If I make a merchant republic out of, say, an Indian culture with an Indian guy as the leader, will he still be called "Doge" or will he get some other title? Is it possible to edit that title in-game?

I'm currently working on a game to convert to EU4, and it's only the 12th century but I've already got everything set up the way I want.

However, there is one more thing I want to do. I want to manually trigger the Mongol Invasions, I've still got 80 years before the first one starts and I really don't want to wait; I've already tried manually firing the events but they don't work right.

What should I do?

There are events you can trigger in the console which cause the Mongols to appear.

This link explains how to trigger events.
http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats

You can look in your CK2 event folder to see the #s for the events. BC I'm super nice, I looked for the ones you want.
id = 60001 is for the Ikhanate. id = 60002 is for the Golden Horde.

You could also edit the requirements for the invasion to happen right away, and avoid using the console altogether.

In order to get a realistic Mongol Invasion, you must allow time to progress once these events are triggered. Otherwise the Mongols won't have any lands. Personally I would feel cheated by exporting a pre-1444 CK2 game, but whatever floats your boat.

Is it possible to win every election keep ruling a merchant republic as a Doge, by using campaign funds?

Yes. This is pretty much the default way to play as a Merchant Republic.

Is it even possible to use campaign funds to offset prestige and age penalty and get young adults elected as Doges?

No. Only 16+ year old males can be elected.

How much money would it usually require?

In some circumstances, quite a lot.

Secondly, does the title "Doge" come for every single culture? If I make a merchant republic out of, say, an Indian culture with an Indian guy as the leader, will he still be called "Doge" or will he get some other title?

idk

Is it possible to edit that title in-game?

No. In-game the changing culture or government form will often change what you are called, but you can't customize edit the names titles give you unless you edit game files.

I want to know if Anglo-Saxon culture ever turns to English?

AFAIK no. According to the ckiiwiki, English culture is created by events around 1150 if Norman ruler controls Anglo-Saxon province. If someone is knows this to be false, they should update the wiki.

If not, what National Ideas will Britannia have in EU4 when I convert it over?

Ideas are not tied to culture, they are tied to the specific tag of the nation being exported. The converter should recognize Britannia as the equivalent of Great Britain, and give it English ideas, but often it does not. This is one of the biggest, though understandable, flaws in the CK2 converter. My converted game recognized my Empire of Rus as having Muscovite ideas, but not my friend's Hungarian Carpathian Empire which got generic ideas.

oSgZpWk.jpg

Crusades, and more frequently Jihads, trigger not long after 867 far too often. When Charlemagne comes out I very much hope that we don't see Jihads in the year 800 all the time. I've had 3 out of 3 games as Byzantine counts derailed because Abbasid Jihads destroyed the ERE before I was powerful enough to stop it. First time was fun, third time was boring.

Last edited:
It is the year 1350 and Timur Timurid has appeared at my court (I am ruler of the Mongol Empire).
Will it prevent the invasion of his horde if I assassinate him?

Last edited:
No. Only 16+ year old males can be elected.

I already know that mate, but you mistook my question. What I mean is, can we use campaigns funds to make young adults (16-25 years of age), who usually never ever get anywhere close to getting elected, win the elections just by using campaign funds?

For example, I am playing a rich Doge. His son just became 16 year old. Is it possible for me now to spend that huge amount of gold I have to the campaign funds and get him as the successor, despite being so young?

I already know that mate, but you mistook my question. What I mean is, can we use campaigns funds to make young adults (16-25 years of age), who usually never ever get anywhere close to getting elected, win the elections just by using campaign funds?

For example, I am playing a rich Doge. His son just became 16 year old. Is it possible for me now to spend that huge amount of gold I have to the campaign funds and get him as the successor, despite being so young?

He may have misunderstood that part of your question, but he also already answered it:

Is it possible to win every election keep ruling a merchant republic as a Doge, by using campaign funds? Is it even possible to use campaign funds to offset prestige and age penalty and get young adults elected as Doges? How much money would it usually require?

Yes. This is pretty much the default way to play as a Merchant Republic.

The only penalty you cannot overcome is the "minors and women cannot be elected" penalty.

They will only flip to english if the top level liege is norman, then the english melting pot event chain will start. Otherwise, my best guess for the NIs would be the default english ones
I don't understand one thing. In a Scotland game of mine, there are some de Normandie Norman rulers in England (Willy became king, but his kinsmen lost the crown). The English event has happened, but not during Willy's reign, and he has so far been the only Norman top liege of England.

I think the game makes it pretty clear that a 16-year old is eligible and possible for him to win. When you spend gold, the points towards his election rise, it is very easy to calculate how much gold you need to make his election happen. Though you don't have much choice at the beginning of a campaign, a more rational way of managing your inheritance is to work to create as many male heirs as possible in your dynasty and instead designate a brother or cousin as your heir.

Last edited:
I don't understand one thing. In a Scotland game of mine, there are some de Normandie Norman rulers in England (Willy became king, but his kinsmen lost the crown). The English event has happened, but not during Willy's reign, and he has so far been the only Norman top liege of England.
There are four melting pot related events. Two of the four melting pot events do not require the top liege to convert, but once the top liege converts, the process snowballs (with all four events assisting the normal culture spread events, an English England can approach a virtual inevitability).

-The "first" melting pot event 55002, the way the code is written, it looks like any_demesne_province with culture Saxon ruled by a Norman within de jure England in or after the year 1100 can trigger the melting pot.
-A second event 55003 can trigger whenever there is an English ruler ruling any Saxon or Norman province within de jure England starting in year 1100.
-The third event 55004 becomes available once the King converts to English. This event converts Norman or Saxon members of the King's court to English.
-The fourth event 55005 also becomes available once the King converts and starts converting his vassals the same way as the previous event.

edit - All four events become available in the year 1100.

Code:
# The English Melting Pot
character_event = {
	id = 55002
	desc = "EVTDESC55002"
	picture = GFX_evt_throne_room

trigger = {
		year = 1100
		culture = norman
		any_demesne_province = {
			kingdom = {
				title = k_england
			}
			culture = saxon
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 1200
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			learning = 7
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			learning = 9
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			learning = 11
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			learning = 13
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			NOT = { learning = 5 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			NOT = { learning = 3 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2.0
			NOT = { learning = 1 }
		}
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA55002"
		culture = english
		random_demesne_province = {
			limit = {
				kingdom = {
					title = k_england
				}
				culture = saxon
			}
			culture = english
		}
	}
}

# It's spreading
character_event = {
	id = 55003
	desc = "EVTDESC55003"

trigger = {
		year = 1100
		culture = english
		any_demesne_province = {
			kingdom = {
				title = k_england
			}
			OR = {
				culture = saxon
				culture = norman
			}
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 720
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA55003"
		random_demesne_province = {
			limit = {
				kingdom = {
					title = k_england
				}
				OR = {	
					culture = saxon
					culture = norman
				}
			}
			culture = english
		}
	}
}

#Make my court speak English
character_event = {
	id = 55004
	desc = "EVTDESC55004"

trigger = {
		year = 1100
		culture = english
		top_liege = {
			primary_title = {
				title = k_england
			}
		}
		any_courtier = {
			OR = {
				culture = saxon
				culture = norman
			}
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 120
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA55004"
		random_courtier = {
			limit = {
				OR = {	
					culture = saxon
					culture = norman
				}
			}
			culture = english
			hidden_tooltip = {
				character_event = { id = 55006 days = 3 }
			}
		}
	}
}

#Make my vassal speak English
character_event = {
	id = 55005
	desc = "EVTDESC55005"

trigger = {
		year = 1100
		culture = english
		top_liege = {
			primary_title = {
				title = k_england
			}
		}
		any_vassal = {
			OR = {
				culture = saxon
				culture = norman
			}
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 720
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA55005"
		random_vassal = {
			limit = {
				OR = {	
					culture = saxon
					culture = norman
				}
			}
			culture = english
			hidden_tooltip = {
				character_event = { id = 55006 days = 3 }
			}
		}
	}
}

character_event = {
	id = 55006
	desc = "EVTDESC55006"

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA55006"
		culture = english
	}
}

Last edited:
There are events you can trigger in the console which cause the Mongols to appear.

This link explains how to trigger events.
http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats

You can look in your CK2 event folder to see the #s for the events. BC I'm super nice, I looked for the ones you want.
id = 60001 is for the Ikhanate. id = 60002 is for the Golden Horde.

You could also edit the requirements for the invasion to happen right away, and avoid using the console altogether.

In order to get a realistic Mongol Invasion, you must allow time to progress once these events are triggered. Otherwise the Mongols won't have any lands. Personally I would feel cheated by exporting a pre-1444 CK2 game, but whatever floats your boat.

I already know how to trigger events, I tried manually firing the invasions but the leaders of the hordes end up as unlanded characters in random Eastern courts.
The problem is, for some reason triggering the events just grants them the titular empire titles without granting the doomstacks. I've also tried firing 60000 beforehand (That's the 'Rumors of a Steppe Menace' event.).

As for exporting, after christianizing Scandinavia, taking back Andalusia and Africa, and granting Mecca, Lithuania, Jerusalem and Finland to holy orders, conquering England, Iceland and Sicily, manually forcing the Mongols on the map is a whole lot better than spending 300 years doing absolutely nothing.

Mainly I just want the Mongols to invade to get rid of the Suomenusko in the north so I don't have ugly Shamanism and Animism in Europe after converting.