• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tech from your province does not affect mercenaries, that I am fairly sure about. The other questions, I have no clue. I know mercenary units get larger as time goes on, I never really considered tech levels though.

Tech from your province does not affect mercenaries, that I am fairly sure about. The other questions, I have no clue. I know mercenary units get larger as time goes on, I never really considered tech levels though.
Yeah, I am fairly certain tech does not affect mercenaries.

You can see it through attrition. Whether it be invader-attrition in Pagan lands (your troops are unaffected when you have sufficient Military Organization but the Mercs can still get affected). And by supply limits, when your troops have a higher supply limit than your mercs.

Two questions (new noob player!):
1. In my current CK2 Ironman game I have Elective succesion laws set. After every reload of the game my nominations for Empire and all the kingdoms are reseted and some random dukes are voted for with my votes non existent. Is this a bug? (2.1.6 ver all DLC except RoI)
2. How to make exactly a claimants to Kingdoms work as a Emperor? Does this function like this: I Invite to my court a claimant with strong claim on kingdom, marry him/her off to anyone from my family, wait for children, press a claim after inheriting it? Will the new pressed King be independent or get assamiliated into my Empire?

1) Sounds like a bug.

2) If you do that, the new king will be independent. If you've married the claimant to your heir, your grandchild will inherit both, though. People desperate to acquire land will:

-invite claimant to court
-grant claimant a tiny piece of land (county or barony)
-press the claimant's claim.

Then the new King will be the player Emperor's vassal.

1) Sounds like a bug.

2) If you do that, the new king will be independent. If you've married the claimant to your heir, your grandchild will inherit both, though. People desperate to acquire land will:

-invite claimant to court
-grant claimant a tiny piece of land (county or barony)
-press the claimant's claim.

Then the new King will be the player Emperor's vassal.

1) nominations aren't saved so it's not a bug, it's WAD. Most likely to keep save sizes smaller than they would otherwise be.

2) It depends on if the second generation claimant would be his dynasty actually, if they would be (matri-marry the claimant to a dynasty member for example) then they wouldn't be independent. They also won't become independent if the title is a de jure vassal of his title.

What's required for Timurids to spawn?

How do I beat this enormous empire? They crushed the first crusade and swallowed the byzantine empire and they dont seem to get much internal problems.

oSgZpWk.jpg

sZFKOSs.jpg

I don't play much CK2 and maybe i decided to be too ambitious and took this black jew but it seems to hurt me pretty badly. From my large kingdom (I can't form empire before conquering egypt) only 4 provinces are jew so i get constant revolts. Most of my land is freshly conquered so i will probably hit 15k troop mark but it's still not nearly enough to beat them in straight 1v1 :-(

Two questions (new noob player!):
1. In my current CK2 Ironman game I have Elective succesion laws set. After every reload of the game my nominations for Empire and all the kingdoms are reseted and some random dukes are voted for with my votes non existent. Is this a bug? (2.1.6 ver all DLC except RoI)
2. How to make exactly a claimants to Kingdoms work as a Emperor? Does this function like this: I Invite to my court a claimant with strong claim on kingdom, marry him/her off to anyone from my family, wait for children, press a claim after inheriting it? Will the new pressed King be independent or get assamiliated into my Empire?

2. If the character holds a territory at or higher than the title pressed in your empire, he will stay in your empire. Which means if you make him a king elsewhere and press his claim.

I find big empires (20+ Kingdoms) usually have a spare kingdom lying around they can give out. Also, when the inevitable revolt comes on your new ruler, you get to revoke the kingdoms of half of your underlings! Tasty.

2. If the character holds a territory at or higher than the title pressed in your empire, he will stay in your empire. Which means if you make him a king elsewhere and press his claim.

I find big empires (20+ Kingdoms) usually have a spare kingdom lying around they can give out. Also, when the inevitable revolt comes on your new ruler, you get to revoke the kingdoms of half of your underlings! Tasty.

No, counterintuitively, he only needs to be a vassal (a barony or county is sufficient) of yours to stay your vassal when his claim is pressed on a kingdom. It doesn't work to the same rules as inheritance (if he were to inherit the kingdom, he'd need to be a vassal king already to stay in the empire).

Doesn't have to be an equal title. Pressing the claim of a baron in your realm to a kingdom will still net you a vassal king as an empire.

edit: ninja'd

I'm currently working on a game to convert to EU4, and it's only the 12th century but I've already got everything set up the way I want.

However, there is one more thing I want to do. I want to manually trigger the Mongol Invasions, I've still got 80 years before the first one starts and I really don't want to wait; I've already tried manually firing the events but they don't work right.

What should I do?

How long do I have to wait after building the Third Temple for the Kohen Gadol to form, or otherwise how do I form it? I've formed the Kingdom of Israel and built the Third Temple. It's been several years since it's finished, and I've still heard no word from the Kohen Gadol. I'm not sure if it matters (doubt it), but I'm playing patch 2.04 with CK2+ of that version.

How long do I have to wait after building the Third Temple for the Kohen Gadol to form, or otherwise how do I form it? I've formed the Kingdom of Israel and built the Third Temple. It's been several years since it's finished, and I've still heard no word from the Kohen Gadol. I'm not sure if it matters (doubt it), but I'm playing patch 2.04 with CK2+ of that version.
I believe the pop-up screen says "about 4 years" but when I last did it, it actually took a little more than 5 years.

I believe the pop-up screen says "about 4 years" but when I last did it, it actually took a little more than 5 years.

I believe you are referring to how long it takes the temple to finish. It said 4 years indeed and that's about how long it took, but when the temple finished, it said nothing at all about the Kohen Gadol. It's been about 4 years since the temple finished, and I've still heard nothing.

I believe you are referring to how long it takes the temple to finish. It said 4 years indeed and that's about how long it took, but when the temple finished, it said nothing at all about the Kohen Gadol. It's been about 4 years since the temple finished, and I've still heard nothing.

I believe the Kohen Gadol is formed after your recreate Israel

I believe the Kohen Gadol is formed after your recreate Israel

I did. I actually solved my own question, though. I had to personally own either the county of Jerusalem or the Kingdom of Israel (probably the latter), in addition to having the Third Temple finished. I did not realize this when I first created the Kingdom of Israel, but luckily I passed it off to my heir, so when my old ruler died, my heir was eligible for restoring the Priesthood. Now I know, though they should probably make it clear that you need to own Israel yourself, and not just have it in your realm.

Are cadet branches in the game at the moment? I think they are, but maybe I misremeber this and it was only one of the features everyone wanted but which wasn't put in. If yes, are their mechanics explained somewhere?

The closest you get is when you land unlegitimized bastards.