• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberal Dem Antonine angry that UKIP destroy Lib Dems. Resorts to childish insults and throws tantrum when the people don't do as told by elites like him. Exact reaction of British establishment. :rofl: There is an earthquake coming in UK and nothing you can do about it. :D

At least I just throw insults at people I don't like. Heh, Antonine needs to accept the death of his precious party.

Now I wouldn't go that far, but arguments based upon praxeology are incredibly tiresome because you throw out the entirety of the scientific method and its use on data.

I would.

Liberal Dem Antonine angry that UKIP destroy Lib Dems. Resorts to childish insults and throws tantrum when the people don't do as told by elites like him. Exact reaction of British establishment. :rofl: There is an earthquake coming in UK and nothing you can do about it. :D

Petrarch, hacking other people's accounts is bad.

What do you mean, the man can form his own opinions that don't rely on xenophobic anecdotes about the dole...:mellow:

(Being charititable UKIP is reaching a core of people who feel ignored by the British establishments but their solutions are simplistic and harmful and the whole. The EU has significant problems but Britain has always been european and denying it will only make them a sad little island.)

What do you mean, the man can form his own opinions that don't rely on xenophobic anecdotes about the dole...:mellow:

Appereantly not :p

Wait, does that mean ThaHoward can't read a single thing I'm saying now?

Like how 65% of her total posts are solely in this thread?

Wait, does that mean ThaHoward can't read a single thing I'm saying now?

Like how 65% of her total posts are solely in this thread?

She can if I or someone else quote you saying it. :)

(Being charititable UKIP is reaching a core of people who feel ignored by the British establishments but their solutions are simplistic and harmful and the whole. The EU has significant problems but Britain has always been european and denying it will only make them a sad little island.)

Britain? European? Britain was always caring about it's own interest and since Hundred Years War it was mostly concerned about Europe when it was needed to retain British influence over european matters. Without EU Britain will be able to have independent foreign policy, independent economic policy and won't be colonised by immigrants (and I know that Poles are one of the largest groups of immigrants, thank you very much, no need to remind me that). It stands in unique position to be a link between USA and UE. Britain is also a birthplace of modern democracy and doesn't really fit anti-democratic EU.

I do love the notion that I'm some sort of elite - my working class Londoner dad would be thrilled to know we're now part of an elite running the whole world. Particularly when UKIP is led by former investment banker, elite private school background Farage.

Unless by elite you actually mean educated and well informed, in which case I'm guilty as charged.

Fun fact, last time round I voted for UKIP. But then I actually learned about reality and changed my mind because I'm not a moron.

And as for this supposed earthquake, please come back when you have more MPs than the Greens.

She can if I or someone else quote you saying it. :)

Kek, that's pretty funny. Too bad she took insults personally. The whole argument started over a jab at Enwald. Oh well, nothing lost. I doubt I'll ever meet her, care for her or connect with anyone in Norway. Caring for strangers or about strangers. Heh.

Britain? European? Britain was always caring about it's own interest and since Hundred Years War it was mostly concerned about Europe when it was needed to retain British influence over european matters. Without EU Britain will be able to have independent foreign policy, independent economic policy and won't be colonised by immigrants (and I know that Poles are one of the largest groups of immigrants, thank you very much, no need to remind me that). It stands in unique position to be a link between USA and UE. Britain is also a birthplace of modern democracy and doesn't really fit anti-democratic EU.

Mr. Bright would be proud.

(Until he read the rest of your post, of course. :D)

Incidentally, is there a chance we could perhaps leave the UKIP/EU discussion until it actually becomes relevant?

Britain? European? Britain was always caring about it's own interest and since Hundred Years War it was mostly concerned about Europe when it was needed to retain British influence. Without EU Britain will be able to have independent foreign policy, independent economic policy and won't be colonised by immigrants (and I know that Poles are one of the largest groups of immigrants, thank you very much, no need to remind me that). It stands in unique position to be a link between USA and UE. Britain is also a birthplace of modern democracy and doesn't really fit anti-democratic EU.

All nations care about their own interests, so that doesn't make Britain exceptional. An independent foreign policy of doing whatever Washington says,sounds fun! There would be no independent economic policy because the EU is our largest trade partner and would make the rules we would just have less influence on it! Britain has been colonized by immigrate for 1500 years and could probably handle some Romanians just the same as the angles and jutes!

I agree with you on this.

Well I personally see no reason seeing posts from someone who will just insult me, tell me how narcissistic. I am or how pretentious I am. So considering I will only see those posts or his votes, it is basically pointless to see his posts unless I want to provoke myself.

All nations care about their own interests, so that doesn't make Britain exceptional. An independent foreign policy of doing whatever Washington says,sounds fun! There would be no independent economic policy because the EU is our largest trade partner and would make the rules we would just have less influence on it! Britain has been colonized by immigrate for 1500 years and could probably handle some Romanians just the same as the angles and jutes!

OK, so I guess you will be happy when USA will be just another province of China/part of Mexico. Really now, there is nothing wrong with immigration, but uncontrolled immigration may be a dangerous thing, especially in countries with relatively low birthrate ratio, as it may cause eradication of nation. Just look what happened with ancient Egypt. And EU also does whatever Washington says, so...
Also, not all nations. We Poles not. :D

OK, so I guess you will be happy when USA will be just another province of China/part of Mexico. Really now, there is nothing wrong with immigration, but uncontrolled immigration may be a dangerous thing, especially in countries with relatively low birthrate ratio, as it may cause eradication of nation. Just look what happened with ancient Egypt. And EU also does whatever Washington says, so...
Also, not all nations. We Poles not. :D

Hm, to put my 2 cents in this or not? Eh I'll pass. It will venture into a pretty touchy subject in Eastern Europe. Heh.

The EEC is a good idea because it represents freedom of movement and trade throughout a dozen economies which as the ThaHoward or I suppose even enewald will tell you is worth more than keeping rather useless and harmful tariffs that preserve the ego of those who think national sovereignty is worth anything by itself! Done correctly greater commerce is a better guarantee of peace and stability than any attempts to maintain cultural hegemony or building more prisons or more nuclear weapons.

To wish for a better Britain, a better Europe and a better world, we need to come together in the language we all speak which as the tories often remind us is money.

Britain shares most of the elements of European culture as well as the tradition of liberal democracy and human rights (and we're certainly closer to Europe economically and socially than we are to America). There is also hardly a single European war since the end of the medieval age which Britain has not been involved with. We have always been heavily involved in European politics, diplomacy and war. To claim otherwise betrays an astounding ignorance of history.

We have an independent foreign policy (did the Iraq War and the Libyan Intervention somehow escape your notice), we have an independent economic policy (hence why Mr Cameron and Mr Miliband both argue with each other about the economy instead of wringing their hands and pleading with Brussels to do something) and in terms of immigration there are about as many UK citizens living in the rest of the EU as there are citizens from the rest of the EU living in the UK (and the largest group of Britons living abroad are pensioners who are a drain on health, social and pension systems as opposed to the young, healthy, taxpaying, non welfare system draining workers who make up the majority of non-UK EU citizens living in the UK).

Britain is indeed ideally placed to be a link between the USA and the EU which is why the US has expressed before that it hopes the UK stays in Europe as a key player in the largest economic superpower on earth instead of withdrawing to become a small, declining, insignificant island in the Atlantic without influence.

And, as I've said before, any analysis of structures shows that the EU is just as democratic as the UK, if not more, with an indirectly elected upper chamber, a directly elected lower chamber and a government dependent on the lower chamber for its existence.

P.S. The UK is predicted to overtake Germany as the largest economy in Europe by 2050. Why? Because the UK has an increasing population and better demographics thanks to immigration compared to the rapidly ageing and declining German population.

Status
Not open for further replies.