• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This game is historical, but it isn't a historical medieval simulation game... frankly, such a game would be awful.

Too many people around have rose-tinted high horses. >__>

How would it be awful, and how is your opinion objective truth?

..and yet it shows celibate characters?

Hey. That's only like a -1000%. Still a chance of babies if you're damn lucky. I wonder if it still shows eunuchs...

Well at least that random eunuch courtier from Hindustan in game won't be Mande culture anymore :) That always bothered me, hopefully those courtiers from that event will now be of a correct Indian culture.

The marrying people across the globe thing always bothered me. When I wanna see who I marry my daughter to the option isn't dukes and counts in my realm with a few neighboring independent dukes, kings, and maybe an empire, it is kings around the globe, as though the King of Wales marrying his daughter to the King of Ethiopia happened fairly regularly. Makes it annoying to try and find people of my own culture to marry my kids to.

Some people need to work harder at suspending their own disbelief, rather than whining about their immersion being broken.

I mean, if I'm cleansing my realm of heathens, I am imprisoning, banishing, and handing out new titles to the point that it reminds me of an old data entry job I had. But I still feel like an emperor, just a really micro-managing emperor that might abuse some holes in feudal law, because his Cataphracts let him get away with it.

On the other hand, in the early 12th century, the first Kings of Portugal would marry Danish and Italian princesses.

And in 1382, the king of England married the daughter of the king of Bohemia (who was, admittedly, also the Holy Roman Emperor at the time). I hope that they do add a "distant realm" penalty to marriage interactions (which, ideally, would at least partially replace the "must not marry an infidel" mechanic) and other forms of diplomacy, but I hope that the effects of it become less severe as one hold higher ranking titles.

EDIT: And that it can be partially or completely canceled for people you are already familiar with (either by the mostly pointless "friend" mechanic, or by previous marriages between your families).