• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am super excited about the RoI expansion. Its going to blow our minds I am sure. If PDS does it even half as well as I expect them to do its going to be the next great expansion after the Old Gods.

Hmmm. Very interesting. Need more info though.

Is there any info on release date?

The core system of game lacks some crucial parts, map expansion is good, but it would be nice to have dynastic mechanics improved (or created maybe), the game is about dynasties eventually, why should not there be dynastic head decisions or influence?
You cant even grant lands to you son if he is outside your realm, I don't say he should/will accept that always, you might have terrible relationship with him and he might refuse, but why the hell you cant try that? It isn't that hard to implement technically is it?
You cant arrange marriages or just make suggestion(with some influence factors determined by your power) not only dynasty members but even your closest relatives outside your court(not even realm), while others in your court SHOULD accept any of your marriage decisions about them without any chance of opposition(they can try to flee to other court, some of them at least, they do it randomly anyway, when they like other rulers better).

These are some basic mechanics that makes game more lifelike and is not that hard to implement, its a pity they dont spare time for these kind of improvements.

Oh come on, this is going to fuck up all the mods and add zero depth. All the Pagans except the Norse have exactly zero flavour, 'Rus and Byzantium are completely ahistorical, the Crusades are still idiotic, and we're getting India?

I wish to know how this will affect the EU4 converter, if it works with the DLC ofc ^^ is there any info on this yet?
I'm sure they'll update the converter accordingly - hopefully, they'll finally fix the converted culture groups. Turko-Semitic Bolghars, brrr.

If it keeps making money, they'll keep doing them. Though I won't be buying this one.

I have to say, i find it quite silly that people are already making their minds up before they've even seen a single dev diary. All we know is there's an expansion to India making the map 50% bigger and adding 300 provinces. We don't know anything else at all about this DLC.

If this is to be slightly bigger than TOG (think i saw them say that somewhere), then expect A: an expanded map and B: at least one new, fully fleshed out religion. Few people complained when Sword of Islam came out, despite the game having much less depth than it does now.

If anything, at least this DLC will make the world a bit harder to conquer, as well as stabilising the Middle East by creating more action down there (I'm hoping the Arabian Sea will now be traversable, along with the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea).

Oh come on, this is going to fuck up all the mods and add zero depth. All the Pagans except the Norse have exactly zero flavour, 'Rus and Byzantium are completely ahistorical, the Crusades are still idiotic, and we're getting India?

As this map is expanding Africa as well, I'd expect it to open up nicely for something which makes African Pagans a little deeper as a side feature in a future expansion.

Last edited:
If this is to be slightly bigger than TOG (think i saw them say that somewhere), then expect A: an expanded map and B: at least one new, fully fleshed out religion. Fe people complained when Sword of Islam came out, despite the game having much less depth than it does now.
That only proves that people are whiners. :laugh:

The core system of game lacks some crucial parts, map expansion is good, but it would be nice to have dynastic mechanics improved (or created maybe), the game is about dynasties eventually, why should not there be dynastic head decisions or influence?
You cant even grant lands to you son if he is outside your realm, I don't say he should/will accept that always, you might have terrible relationship with him and he might refuse, but why the hell you cant try that? It isn't that hard to implement technically is it?
You cant arrange marriages or just make suggestion(with some influence factors determined by your power) not only dynasty members but even your closest relatives outside your court(not even realm), while others in your court SHOULD accept any of your marriage decisions about them without any chance of opposition(they can try to flee to other court, some of them at least, they do it randomly anyway, when they like other rulers better).

These are some basic mechanics that makes game more lifelike and is not that hard to implement, its a pity they dont spare time for these kind of improvements.
There ARE dynastic head decisions and influence, of a sort. It's in the Customization Pack. You're dynastic head if you're the highest titled member of your dynasty in the realm and there are no landed members of your dynasty outside of your realm. In this case, you get to rename your dynasty and change its coat of arms. Also, you get to name any dynasty member born in your court. It's not the level of dynastic power that you want, but there is something.

And as for a dynastic head, okay, how will you determine dynastic head if the dynasty is in multiple realms? And make sure that the system isn't horrifically complex or a system that boils down to "dynasty is always under the control of the player" because the AI needs to be able to handle it, too. Part of why you have relatively little control over your dynasty is also because Crusader Kings II has a very broad view of your dynasty, and with respect to that, we really could use cadet branches, if only to keep dynasties from ballooning out of control in terms of size. With this in mind, the scope of having such power over people in your court, but not elsewhere makes sense.

And I routinely arrange marriages for landed dynasts. If they like you and the candidate, they'll usually go along with it. Of course, this is also easier of you're Zoroastrian since basically any political concerns are overridden by their desire to keep it in the family and thanks to concubines, there tends to be plenty of family to keep it in.

Presumably, if altering such a core feature of gameplay like that was so easy, usable by the AI, and fun in practice, they'd likely have done it by now, or at least hinted that they were working on it.

History is my strong subject, I have a First Class BA Honours in the subject ... and still know bugger all about pre-colonial India lol.

Sorry, but I have to say that this means shit all. An undergraduate education is only good for a very basic level of knowledge compared to what you get at the graduate level. Puffing up subject mastery with a BA is frankly ridiculous.

By the way, I for one am quite excited about this map expansion.

[video=youtube;5bMy3H4GhOA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bMy3H4GhOA[/video]

I would imagine they'll come packed with the DLC. It would be weird if they looked Germanic
You meant Arabs, because of the darker complexion and the turbans.

Maybe they should remove the modding community so no one is inconvenienced.
Ha, such is the downside of active mod support: modders and mod users get their priorities mixed up. I do hope PDS improves compatibility between major builds so that those who fear India will dilute and ruin their Eurocentric world can rest easy.