• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Webstantine! You might find some interest in the visual art side of AARs, but don't let it discourage you from writing.

So I guess I need to choose a successor soon then, or become a tyrant and hold the title forever. I don't know I've never won anything before.

Oh good God yes, you must keep the awards moving and not risk stagnation. Congrats! :)

Well, managed to stop by just in time before you have to hand off your prize! :) Congratulations, Webstantine I must admit our paths haven't crossed a lot yet, but then again I haven't visited the EUIII AARs in a while. I noticed you're very active in the EUIV forum, though. Activity is always to be applauded. :)

Ah, got here just in time, congrats Webstantine!

Also, what exactly are your available "doodling skills"? ;)

I think I need to elect someone now, this week has been spent mostly on the new EU IV AAR forums. Due to this I haven't been here too much but one person I've seen on both forums participating in a positive light and all while running his own AAR is DensleyBlair, so I'm passing the title to him. I realise he's had it before, but it's deserved.

As for you Malurous, I make portraits, people and scenes of interaction between characters, if you want a picture just PM anytime. I have a VERY early AAR with only one picture but you can see if you want there. There will be more soon, so *cough*subscribe*cough*.

Congrats DensleyBlair!

Congrats Blair, you bastard.

O say can you see
by the dawn's early light,
'tis my good old friend Densley
who is Fan of the Week;

God save our gracious Fan
Live long our noble Fan,
God save DensleyBlair!
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save DensleyBlair.

Why didn't I get a rendition of God Save The Queen eh?

Simple answer - Because I hardly know you.

Long answer - you currently reside in the town of Reading in England, and your house number is 69 and people always laugh about it, and I had to steal that information from the "location" field under your avatar. Which kind of demonstrates the fact that I hardly know you. However, if you would forgive me for being unnecessarily rude to you, I look forward to seeing you some more on this forum, as surely I will now that your name is engraved in my mind. And perhaps, just perhaps, if you manage to impress me, you will recieve your very own rendition of God Save The Queen - once, upon a time.
Pleased to meet you, Webstantine ;)

Simple answer - Because I hardly know you.

Long answer - you currently reside in the town of Reading in England, and your house number is 69 and people always laugh about it, and I had to steal that information from the "location" field under your avatar. Which kind of demonstrates the fact that I hardly know you. However, if you would forgive me for being unnecessarily rude to you, I look forward to seeing you some more on this forum, as surely I will now that your name is engraved in my mind. And perhaps, just perhaps, if you manage to impress me, you will recieve your very own rendition of God Save The Queen - once, upon a time.
Pleased to meet you, Webstantine ;)

Might I humbly request a rousing rendition of Rule Britannia from you should I ever recapture the award?

Congrats Densley, with all the AARs you appear to be following you're like the new Enewald!

Might I humbly request a rousing rendition of Rule Britannia from you should I ever recapture the award?

Congrats Densley, with all the AARs you appear to be following you're like the new Enewald!

Hear, Hear!

I think I need to elect someone now, this week has been spent mostly on the new EU IV AAR forums. Due to this I haven't been here too much but one person I've seen on both forums participating in a positive light and all while running his own AAR is DensleyBlair, so I'm passing the title to him. I realise he's had it before, but it's deserved.

I must say, Webstantine, I am truly honoured. To be considered a 'good' enough fan that I receive an awAARd is praise enough, but the fact that this is now my third shows – as I think I mentioned last time – that I must be doing something right!

At a time when this awAARd seems to be being awarded to a greater range of recipients than ever before, being given this honour for a third time becomes all that much more special. Though I will of course thank all well-wishers individually, I would like to thank all of the writAARs out there whose work I read, and without whom I wouldn't be writing this!

In the words of the brilliant David Bowie: Wham! Bam! Thank you, ma'am!

Thank you.

Gratz DensleyBlair!

Cheers Enewald!

Congratz! You deserve it!

Thanks BR! That's very kind of you to say.

Congrats DensleyBlair!

Thanks Mal!

Congrats Blair, you bastard.

Cheers King. You're not too bad yourself ;)

O say can you see
by the dawn's early light,
'tis my good old friend Densley
who is Fan of the Week;

God save our gracious Fan
Live long our noble Fan,
God save DensleyBlair!
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save DensleyBlair.

You forgot the verse about murdering Jacobites! ;)

That has to be the best well-wishing I have ever received in these boards ;)

High praise indeed! Thanks a lot.

Perhaps I could do you a rendition of the Blackadder theme? ;)

Thank you all. I'll be back on Sunday to reveal my successor.

Congratulations! You're certainly keeping yourself busy with both writing and commenting! I didn't know you'd already racked up your third award (so a belated congratulations for at least one, if not two, other(s)), but it's clear evidence you're doing it right. :)