• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Things are getting busy at the office with the upcoming release of Europa Universalis IV, but as has been said before, we're still very much committed to the continued support and further expansion of Crusader Kings II. With Doomdark currently Down Under, Johan asked me to put together a short dev diary highlighting some of the current stuff we've been working on.

Patch 1.11:
1.11 will be deployed next week, and the new patch will include a few features that should make dealing with plots a bit easier. After hatching a plot, you can now tell the game to automatically invite all plotters who are willing to join your scheme. No more having to browse through the Potential Plotters list and individually sending requests to every single character who wants to join!

Also, you can now set the game to always demand that characters end their plots as soon as they come to your attention. Another handy addition is that you can now see at a glance which potential plotters can be won over to your side if they are bribed.

Among the other things added is a new Siege Leader trait (finally), a favorite IP table for the multiplayer menu and some additional support for modders.

Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV Converter:
Johan already posted a dev diary about the Converter last week in the Europa Universalis IV forum, and there is an interview with Groogy here that goes into some more detail. I don't have much to add except that we're pretty pleased with the result and it actually works better than we had anticipated when development began.

Customizer:
This is a smaller DLC on the scale of the Ruler Designer, but it's something that many have asked for. It will give players an easy way to customize several items in their games when they are already well underway.

You can have your character pay a visit to the barber, where their hairstyle or facial hair can be altered... within reason (no bearded women, sorry). Below you can see the new look I gave King Charles II the Not-So-Bald:

View attachment CKII_111_DD_The_Bald.jpg

You can rename any title held by you or your vassals:

View attachment CKII_111_DD_Northwest_Francia.jpg

Finally, if you feel the need to shake things up a bit, you can alter the name and shield of your dynasty:

View attachment CKII_111_DD_de_Poher.jpg

Hopefully this will tide you over for a while, until we're ready to tell you more about what the future will bring to Crusader Kings II. :)

Here are the highlights from the Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV Converter livestream with Johan & Doomdark!
[video=youtube;FWqQgp1Vh9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWqQgp1Vh9U[/video]

You can find the full live-stream for the CK2 to EU4 converter here:
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/438261345

ps. And you can pre-order Europa Universalis IV here:
http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a forum, place for posting your opinions... if someone thinks that DLC sucks, he have right to complain about it.
Well, even more, developers (like you) should thanks him for that, because by that action he is showing what customers want. :)

Not all criticism is good and should be listened to. Also I would argue that if the people who complain about this and other DLC sincerely want their ideas implemented as opposed to merely wanting to shout their opposition to what's happening they should try and word their criticism more constructively.

"PEPSI, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?" --> "You guys have only been selling pepsi. While that product may be the preference for some, I, and I believe lots of other people, would love it if you started stocking coke as well."

Not really. If you want to say you won't buy it, sure, go ahead I guess, but making multiple posts about how terrible the DLC is, how terrible we are, how this is the downfall of civilisation as we know it... It's just ragespam. Vote with your wallet, if you don't like it, don't buy it, and if this type of DLC flops we won't do more. As it is though, CK2 DLCs sell like hotcakes because lots and lots of our fans like them. People complain about each and every one, so if we listened to the few angry forum people we'd never do anything.

Bravo sir, bravo!

I for one will be buying this DLC as soon as it comes out because it is worth the price to me, & I see the value in it. If someone else doesnt feel that way then its their right in our free market system to simply NOT BUY IT.

Not sure I like this. There should be an element of risk involved when attempting to bribe someone...

"Here's 50 gold, will you help me kill the duke of Lancaster?"
"Nah, I'd still rather not...thanks for the gold though!"

I think it's reasonable to assume you'd secure the fact that they're gonna help with the plot BEFORE you actually send them the money lol. Also, like a later poster said, you can just do the math. It's nice that the UI will fix having to do the math.

P.S. Yeah UK people, I said math, not maths! Deal with it! :cool:

There have been plenty of times when I've had more pluses than minuses and the person still won't join my plot. Usually happens when someone's opinion is just positive after a bribe. Like they have a disposition of +3 with me after having -22, it's like the plus for positive opinion doesn't count for a full plus or something.

There have been plenty of times when I've had more pluses than minuses and the person still won't join my plot. Usually happens when someone's opinion is just positive after a bribe. Like they have a disposition of +3 with me after having -22, it's like the plus for positive opinion doesn't count for a full plus or something.

Yeah, the pluses and minuses are an approximation and not the end all be all and they are inaccurate sometimes at the margin. Unfortunately the margin is the only place we care about them.

A lot of people would be more happy (i'm not saying majority) if you instead of releasing next DLC would fix gamebreaking bugs and broken mechanics.

Everytime they release a DLC there is a patch that fixes several bugs. Not to mention there is not really many gamebreaking bugs currently anyway. There is a few but they happen very rarely.

But if they're more and more when it comes to specific situations, this mean something. (best example - Sunset Invasion)

SI is a great example, if you listen to some people here it literally killed their dog, but it sold well and has been widely praised for being a funny fantasy scenario. We even put special stuff in the CK2/EUIV converter for the new world when you have SI enabled, which we wouldn't bother with if it had been a flop that no one uses.

You personally disliking something doesn't mean everyone does, it doesn't even mean it's unpopular. When said disliked thing is an entirely optional purchase it's probably best just to ignore it and let the market decide if it's disliked by the majority or not.

Everytime they release a DLC there is a patch that fixes several bugs. Not to mention there is not really many gamebreaking bugs currently anyway. There is a few but they happen very rarely.
Man, they didn't fixed granting independence to republic or giving republic vassasl to another vassals.
It's completely easy to fix and pretty much gamebreaking in a lot of situation, but again, instead of fixing this for example (and there are more bugs like this) they relesaing new sims-like dlc. :D

You personally disliking something doesn't mean everyone does, it doesn't even mean it's unpopular. When said disliked thing is an entirely optional purchase it's probably best just to ignore it and let the market decide if it's disliked by the majority or not.
I never said that I dont like SI personally, but if a lot of people don't like it, it would be better to create DLC, which will makes happy EVERYONE.
And sale argument is bad example. No matter what DLC you will release, it will sell well taking into account how small problem for you company is creating such DLC. :)

Certainly every DLC in terms of profitability, was profitable.

SI is a great example, if you listen to some people here it literally killed their dog, but it sold well and has been widely praised for being a funny fantasy scenario. We even put special stuff in the CK2/EUIV converter for the new world when you have SI enabled, which we wouldn't bother with if it had been a flop that no one uses.

Hearing this stuff from a dev makes my heart smile.

Man, they didn't fixed granting independence to republic or giving republic vassasl to another vassals.
It's completely easy to fix and pretty much gamebreaking in a lot of situation, but again, instead of fixing this for example (and there are more bugs like this) they relesaing new sims-like dlc. :D

I never said that I dont like SI personally, but if a lot of people don't like it, it would be better to create DLC, which will makes happy EVERYONE.
And sale argument is bad example. No matter what DLC you will release, it will sell well taking into account how small problem for you company is creating such DLC. :)

Certainly every DLC in terms of profitability, was profitable.

And yet if we didn't sell DLCs we'd have stopped patching CK2 long ago. You act as if we patch nothing at all, which is plain false as every cycle of DLC comes with a patch.

What DLC would please everyone?

Why is sales a bad argument, do people buy things they hate just because?

What exactly is gamebreaking about releasing republics? How do you know it would be an easy fix? What do you this this on?

This. The most game breaking bugs came with the newer DLCs... And are fixed mostly really quick.

Why even argue the point anymore?

I mean thanks for interacting with the community and all, but DLC-discussions should be left the fuck alone after three pages at the very last.

Everything concerning DLC has been said a gazillion times and the one truism of DCL releases/announcements is that there will be bitching on the forums.

Keep making content, don't overprice - all will be well regardless of forum rage :)

What DLC would please everyone?
DLC, which would be supported after release of it, instead of throwing it into dark corner and never touching it again.
As I said, decadence, other pagan religions than Norse etc.

Why is sales a bad argument, do people buy things they hate just because?
Most people dont care about a few bucks and will give it away just for supporting company.
And I'm one of them.
But it isn't reason to abuse it.

What exactly is gamebreaking about releasing republics? How do you know it would be an easy fix? Independence do you this this on?
For example, such republic could start major rebellion, what couldn't be avoided by granting independence.
And if you want "more" gamebreaking stuff, I could say about Byz sucession, when sometimes after death of the ruler ALL vassals of emperor are set independent (yes, even the mayors/bishops one what ends in emperor having ZERO vassals in vassal tab).

DLC, which would be supported after release of it, instead of throwing it into dark corner and never touching it again.

When you buy TOG you know what you get, you aren't entitled to content updates.

Now if Paradox was releasing "TOG 2: Special Slavic Flavour" it would perhaps be a valid complaint, but they aren't.

Most people dont care about a few bucks and will give it away just for supporting company.
And I'm one of them.

For example, such republic could start major rebellion, what couldn't be avoided by granting independence.
And if you want "more" gamebreaking stuff, I could say about Byz sucession, when sometimes after death of the ruler ALL vassals of emperor are set independent (yes, even the mayors/bishops one what ends in emperor having ZERO vassals in vassal tab).

So, I personally think that the other pagan religions are detailed enough and I personally have no complaints. If they spend time improving detail on pagans and I get to go on the forums and say "NOBODY WANTS THIS WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME ON PAGANS! DO SOMETHING EVERYONE WANTS! HRE AND CATHOLICS NEED WORK AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!!" isn't that just as valid?

They can't do everything at once. Opportunity cost exists. If you find a bug, post it in the bug forum. If you have a request, post a topic on it. Paradox will prioritize and work on what they feel is the most pressing. If that isn't what YOU feel is the most important, that's too bad.

I dont think thats possible. No matter what DLC they come out with there will always be people like you around nitpicking it to death. ;)

But we do patch DLC stuff, I don't know why you keep saying that. Decandence works and there are other pagan religions than norse, so again I don't know what you want here.

And I'm one of them.

What evidence do you have that most people just throw money at us and don't care for our DLCs? You even just said you liked SI! If you really just buy stuff that you hate, don't complain to us about it: Exercise some willpower and stop. Control yourself and buy only what you actually want, you'll be happier.

Some rebels is hardly gamebreaking, I'll grant it could be somewhat annoying though. And just "Byz succession" tells me nothing, but I did just play through a long BYZ game over my summer holiday without ever having all my vassals become independent, so I assume it is not a common thing. Is there a bug report on it? If so, can you link me?

Why even argue the point anymore?

I don't even know, I really don't.

Some rebels is hardly gamebreaking, I'll grant it could be somewhat annoying though. And just "Byz succession" tells me nothing, but I did just play through a long BYZ game over my summer holiday without ever having all my vassals become independent, so I assume it is not a common thing. Is there a bug report on it? If so, can you link me?

I think this is what he's talking about:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ry-lone-king...-I-can-t-explain-what-happened

But it's not specific to the Byzantines.

Finally, if you feel the need to shake things up a bit, you can alter the name and shield of your dynasty:

View attachment 87007

Now if only it were possible to add to your coat of arms symbols from all the titles you hold - then an absolutely ludicrous coat of arms for my dynasty could finally be a reality!

What evidence do you have that most people just throw money at us and don't care for our DLCs? You even just said you liked SI! If you really just buy stuff that you hate, don't complain to us about it: Exercise some willpower and stop. Control yourself and buy only what you actually want, you'll be happier.
Just look at posts around there, whetever DLC is great, or average, a lot of people are writing that they're not interested, but still would buy for only supporting. And it's great. :)
But seems like you dont see a problem. Even if I like some DLC less than the other, I will buy it, no matter if it will be expand gameplay or only graphics things.
My point is, that developer shouldn't abuse it, people like me who want to support company even if that company is not great at everytihng. Why you're keep answering for that sentence "if you dont like it, dont buy it?" It isn't solution for entire abuse thing. ;p

But we do patch DLC stuff, I don't know why you keep saying that. Decandence works and there are other pagan religions than norse, so again I don't know what you want here.
No, decadence isn't working. It's just spawning some magic army from deserts, what ends only in specific state changing it name. Nothing more. If for you it's fine... then well... not for most of people. Just look at forum, how many threads about decadence was created in recent months.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?697975-Losing-all-vassals&highlight=
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?697724-867AD-start-Roman-Empire-inheritance-bug
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ry-lone-king...-I-can-t-explain-what-happened

Last edited: