• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I'll worry about that when westernization actually comes into close reach - as I haven't been able to continue yet, that time lies still 50 years in the future... But thanks for the advice, could provce useful sometime, not just as American pagans. :)

Is there any mod that adds some female rulers to more of the European Nations?

EDIT: Also, can the HRE intervene if you declare war on a member state with a Casus Belli?

Last edited:
Is there any mod that adds some female rulers to more of the European Nations?

EDIT: Also, can the HRE intervene if you declare war on a member state with a Casus Belli?

If you are a member then only if they have guaranteed/sphered the target. If you are a non-member then yes whether you have a CB or not.

In my current England game my mission is to gain control of our trade, aka build a COT on the isles. however, if I understand correctly, the COT the province currently trade through has to be worth over 800. Antwerp is around 470 right now and it seems to be dropping rather than rising. How am I gonna do this without sitting back for decades hoping the value rises, or conquering a bunch of COTs and destroying them? That would kind of be a pain in the ass to do. Should I build marketplaces everywhere or won't that have any effect?

You could try embargoing CoT owners until your provinces route to a sufficiently large CoT. (Not sure how well this would work for England.)

In my current England game my mission is to gain control of our trade, aka build a COT on the isles. however, if I understand correctly, the COT the province currently trade through has to be worth over 800. Antwerp is around 470 right now and it seems to be dropping rather than rising. How am I gonna do this without sitting back for decades hoping the value rises, or conquering a bunch of COTs and destroying them? That would kind of be a pain in the ass to do. Should I build marketplaces everywhere or won't that have any effect?
join hansa's trade league, if the provicne still doesnt trade through it give them trade rights. that or go to america, destroy the cot in mexico and take over as many provinces as you can. Or as grommile said just embargo until you trade through a big one.

join hansa's trade league, if the provicne still doesnt trade through it give them trade rights. that or go to america, destroy the cot in mexico and take over as many provinces as you can. Or as grommile said just embargo until you trade through a big one.

Joining the trade league won't really work because you can't build CoTs while you are in a league. Odds are fairly good that when you leave the trade league and the map is redrawn you are back at square one with your desired province in the wrong CoT. Trade rights should work though.

Is it possible to call up an event and see if it is eligible to fire for your nation/province? I know I can use the console to manually fire events but I'm curious about whether it not occuring is due to bad luck or because I don't actually meet the requirements like I think I do...

The answer is relativly simple, though gamey. The 800 rule is weird anyway for a mercantalistic nation so a gamey solution is kinda appropiate :p. Embargo the nation you are trading trough. In one month your trade will have shifted.

Is the new CoT high enough? there you go. Is it to low? embargo the new nation and repeat untill you trade in a 800 CoT. Once you have your own CoT you can unembargo all the nations again to avoid nasty trade modifiers. Only a small risk of a trade war, 100% succes chance on CoT realization.

Generally I know that Fish is the lowest return for production but does anyone have a list from least to greatest value of various resources? I'm trying to do a production economy effectively. Thanks!

Generally I know that Fish is the lowest return for production but does anyone have a list from least to greatest value of various resources? I'm trying to do a production economy effectively. Thanks!

Actually if I'm not mistaken wool is worse than fish...

common/prices.txt has all the factors involved including the base price for each good

Is there any way to change the ruling dynasties name? Its just I'm playing a CK>EU game and I was really sad when my dynasty died off (knew I should of had sex with that maid). And I figured they would have some distant relatives with a claim to the throne.

Also I've set my autosaves to yearly and when i checked my saves i only had 2 autosaves 20 years apart, any particular reason for that?

knew I should of had sex with that maid

Hopefully you've learned your lesson. Always have sex with the maid. Unless, of course, if your name is Dominique.

Joining the trade league won't really work because you can't build CoTs while you are in a league. Odds are fairly good that when you leave the trade league and the map is redrawn you are back at square one with your desired province in the wrong CoT. Trade rights should work though.
you can leave and then build one. cots dont change immediately but at the end of the month.

you can leave and then build one. cots dont change immediately but at the end of the month.

Incorrect. The trade map is redrawn immediately when you leave a trade league. The CoT value is recalculated at the end of the month. To see this in action, load up the 1399 scenario as England, turn on the trade map, and tell the Hansa to get stuffed...all that cross-hatched light blue turns dark blue immediately.