• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably not that strange but the first time I've seen France disappear entirely in one of my games.

23usp5y.jpg

I like how Auvergne is still independently standing in the middle of the HRE :)

I wouldn't have noticed that if the pope hadn't declared a crusade against them - for France.
203770_screenshots_20120921_00002.jpg
I'm really glad that I'm on the other side of Europe - the ERE continues to resist the assaults from the east, so the only problem I have to deal with are my vassals.

Last edited:
Wow. Nice AI conquests of France. Haven't see that before.
I don't even know how they did that. I remember France splitting up in France, the kingdom of Aquitaine and some mega-duke. These frenchmen fight each other more than my greek neighbours.

2883yau.png

So my plan was this: 1066 start as Navarre. Marry an Andalusian. Bring in a zealous, diligent, Sunni tutor to convert the kids, with a backup gregarious, non-zealous Basque to culture switch them back if needed. Wasn't sure if my resultant realm would follow Christian or Muslim rules for succession. Hoped for the former so I could be full cognatic.

SEVEN YEARS LATER...

357lglh.png

Bow to the matrilinearly-married, Sunni, olive-skinned Basque queen! Unfortunately, my "kingdom" is agnatic Turkish succession. More unfortunately, the council screen sorta functions as if I were Christian. I wasn't allowed to fire my Catholic "court imam" because I was Muslim. So I assassinated him, but now I can't appoint anyone becaaause...

2uzvx2c.png

It only searches for Christian candidates, then disqualifies them all for not being Muslim. Sad times (unless there's another way to do it.) Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb, just didn't have any valid candidates in my realm!

Last edited:
Dumping some random pics from the past few weeks.

Successful. Crusade. For. Egypt.
229ab.jpg

Taking "fraternizing with the enemy" to a whole new level.
229bf.jpg

The 206 (Turkish) Spartans.
229dp.jpg

Usurping titles from myself.
229eq.jpg

The crusade against me has been going on for at least 20 years. Allies had to deal with their own internal strife and were not helping. And then I get this happy little letter from a vassal of my vassal. That bastard!

kJi9S.jpg

The crusade against me has been going on for at least 20 years. Allies had to deal with their own internal strife and were not helping. And then I get this happy little letter from a vassal of my vassal. That bastard!

[snip]

What I love most about this is that you appear to be the mighty ruler of the OMG Sultanate.

tried to vassalise the Knight's Templar, gave the heir a Duchy, press his claims. He dies and his 7 year old Daughter takes over, I notice that the Knights Templar went agnatic-cognatic primogeniture and that Empress Cristina is the new heir, so a swift visit by an Assassin makes my family the commanders of the Knights Templar

2012-09-20_00007.jpg

The Prince and the Thane mod, but still....

Muslim gets elected Kaiser. Definitely don't see that everyday! Well-liked enough to get elected, but certainly not to sit the throne.

ck2_7.png

What I love most about this is that you appear to be the mighty ruler of the OMG Sultanate.

I love how the name of the realm spells out OMG on the map.

Ah, that's a custom dynasty made with the ruler designer. I wanted the letters OMG to span over the world by the end :blush: I think I can still do this, as long as I can extinguish Catholicism in a very fast manner (to prevent time/resources being spent on defending against crusades instead of expanding).