• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed by the lack of information given from Paradox regarding the development status of the mac version. Some customers may consider their initial interest in buying the game because their enthusiasm has indeed run cold.

Last edited:
Ugg... stability problems with my wineskin, more waiting I suppose.

I'm guessing an earlier commentator was right that Paradox wanted to get 1.05 working before they finished up with the mac version, and since the last update was Monday, we probably have a while to go. Though, I personally thought the game played fine at 1.04 (when I bought it for a computer that isn't mine)

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed because of the lack of information given from Paradox regarding the development status of the mac version. Some customers may consider their initial interest in buying the game because their enthusiasm has indeed run cold.

Well, they've already got my money, but I'd still like to get an update on the Mac release date.

I run it on Wineskin and have both Steam and GG versions purchased so they already have my funds as well. I would still love to see a Mac version though as Wineskin doesnt allow me to run any mods either via the command line (-mod <modname>) or the checkbox in the steam launcher. Patching is also problematic.

Here here! I'd really appreciate it if they'd keep us in the loop!
I just want to know a general idea of when I can expect to see this game come out..

As it is I am afraid if I don't check daily I'll miss some announcement! Yet i don't even know where they'd announce it!

It's getting frustrating! I feel like doing something crazy! Like signing a petition or using an emoticon!

Last edited:
Which version works better in wineskin: Steam or GG?
It is impossible to know. To do a fair test you'd have to have a technically minded person with a) the money to buy both games and b) the skill to get both working, and c) the time to test them.

I suspect the answer is that it's easier to get GG running, because that program seems like it it's less demanding of hardware; but that the actual .exe files of the game itself work fine under either system. Moreover if you can't run Steam there's no way in hel you;re gonna run CK2.

Nick

Nah, I think it will come, it's just a mater of time...if they come so far as a beta build and having a beta...but I agree that a date or just say it will come in June would be great...

I want to play this game as well! Been waiting 3 months now.. Read on the forum every day for a glimpse of hint on release day, but end up disappointed every day.... :D

That's the spirit!

Maaaaacccc Version
MAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCC VERSSSSSSIOON

or at least info on it.. I guess all we can really do is not let this topic rest until we get noticed.

I tried playing the windows demo in parallels on my iMac (27", i5 2.66Ghz, 16GB, Radeon 4850). It performs surprisingly well (even at 2560x1440), but there are a few deal breakers. The thing that killed it for me is that there are some dialog windows that bring the machine to a crawl. I think it's the sub windows. Anyway, it's was so close to working well enough, but it proved to be too frustrating.

Did you try bootcamping? I played EU 3 via bootcamp and it worked reasonably well...

Status
Not open for further replies.