• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very disappointed by their behavior. In the months before the game was released they told us it was going to be avavailable also for the mac, then they told us it would have followed with a small delay. Then for months they refused to gave us the tiniest little piece of information. Maybe they will release it today or in a week or a month or whetever but for sure I do not think they acted correctly. I am very pissed off.

Agreed. Even a simple, "Hey guys, we're taking a little bit of additional time to fix lingering issues and polish things up, thanks for your patience" would have satisfied a lot of people. Though I've only been here a few months, and CKII is my first PI game, I have to say this extended silence seems rather unlike Paradox.

Don't forget this is the first time Paradox does a mac version inhouse.

Don't forget this is the first time Paradox does a mac version inhouse.

True, and I would hope that most if not all of us in this thread would remember that, and be generous in giving PI the benefit of the doubt. (Especially since, from what I understand, the third-party Mac ports for previous PI titles were...found wanting.) Still, an occasional dev update on the general progress of the beta, even if they can't give us dates or specifics, would not be remiss.

From reddit when I asked Paradox (Johan):

[–]Westerberg 2 poäng 8 minuter sen

Ohai Johan,

When will the MAC-version of CK2 be released?

Regards

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio 1 poäng 6 sekunder sen

pretty sure 1.05f is for mac as well.. I'll see if steam has pressed the button for it to go live or so..

Can't you get the mac version if you bought it from Gamersgate? If not i'd be very dissapointed.
Yes, you can (once it's released). What makes you say not?

Yes, you can (once it's released). What makes you say not?

I think there is just some general confusion since 1.05f is the 'Mac compatability patch' but the Mac client isn't actually released yet.

Once the Mac client is released, you should be able to play it if you have purchased either the Steam or Gamersgate version.

It's not on Deliver2Mac =P
Not sure if it ever would be though since it's not being ported by Virtual Programming.

But yeah nothing on Steam, yet. WHERE IS MY GAAAAAMEEEEE

According to Paradox sales (in reply to my email) the Mac version will be released on Gamer's Gate & Steam "this Thursday, May 24th"

So glad I read the forums before seeing the utterly useless form-letter "answer" to my Steam support ticket.

Now, if you'll excuse me for pulling a Werewhale here:

1282786204310.jpg

Is the Mac version up now on gamersGate ?

Is the Mac version up now on gamersGate ?
The Mac version of the game? No. See post #172 above. If you mean the 1.05f patch for the PC version, whose text mentions the Mac version, that ought to be available on GG, yes.

So whose eagerly checking back here every few hours in anticipation of the Mac version random releasing? And verifying that sales rep was right or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.