• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, ironically most of the big mac boosters on the forums have probably already cannibalized their sales with wineskin.

Has anyone gotten Steam/Crusader Kings to work via wineskin/could post detailed instructions? I'm slightly inept at this sort of thing, and so have mostly been playing on my wife's computer.

Such a good game.

Just downloaded the 1.05c update for my WINE/Windows Steam version and was poking around in the game files to see what had changed. Anyone else notice the new (although non-functional) "ParadoxLauncher.app" in the base folder, and "maclauncher.cfg" under /launcher? I suspect the Mac release may not be far off! :laugh:

Hey, I haven't been following this thread but thought it would be a better place to pose my question than starting a new thread.
My gf has a Mac and wants to play CK2 online with me, though I have a PC. Is this gonna work? When the Mac version comes out? And do we have any details on when that might be?

Hey, I haven't been following this thread but thought it would be a better place to pose my question than starting a new thread.
My gf has a Mac and wants to play CK2 online with me, though I have a PC. Is this gonna work? When the Mac version comes out? And do we have any details on when that might be?
It will work together, but no ETA for the Mac version has been announced, I'm afraid.

I've got the Steam and GG version running 1.05c and 1.05b vanilla. I have tried to use a mod but vanilla seems to override any mod. I specified -mod <modname> from the command line for GG and with steam did the mod checkbox but I can't get mods to work! Anyone have any luck with this?

When the mac version is out will it be updated as regularly and at the same time as the windows version? What I mean to ask is will be playing the same version as my windows counterparts/friends or will I have to wait a few weeks or longer for the mac version to be updated?

When the mac version is out will it be updated as regularly and at the same time as the windows version? What I mean to ask is will be playing the same version as my windows counterparts/friends or will I have to wait a few weeks or longer for the mac version to be updated?
In theory they should use the same code-base, so the same team should compile both versions at once, which should result in identical update schedules.

In practice we don't know because there's been no practice to be in yet.

Nick

In theory they should use the same code-base, so the same team should compile both versions at once, which should result in identical update schedules.

In practice we don't know because there's been no practice to be in yet.

Nick

Alright thanks.

Google search "Crusader Kings II Mac," and look for Paul the Tall's website. He does the GG version.

I unfortunately bought the steam version, and using wineskin on it is beyond my technical abilities. Really hope this comes out soon.

I'm using Paul the Tall's wrapper right now, it's not working for me very well. Admittedly, I'm not the most tech savvy person...am I supposed to tweak the wrapper at all or anything like that, beyond what his website instructs?

Google search "Crusader Kings II Mac," and look for Paul the Tall's website. He does the GG version.

I unfortunately bought the steam version, and using wineskin on it is beyond my technical abilities. Really hope this comes out soon.

Hi to all. I'm also waiting for the mac version but meanwhile using Steam on Wine on my 2011 MBA. I used Paul the Tall wrapper to install steam and then changed path in advanced mode in wineskin to the /Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/crusader kings ii/ck2.exe. It's working flowlessly. In case You have white background with music You should change full screen to "no" in settings.txt. Hope it helps!

For me now it's working really as an native app! Only noticeable thing is that Mac is running really hot (and battery drains quickly)? Hope native version won't be so demanding?
So You just need to start installing Steam in the PtT wrapper and then install CK through it. Then change paths in wineskin app and volila - You can play it quite comfortably on a mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.