• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pray tell, how may I enter negotiations again in the knowledge that five years down the line, our agreement will be arbitrarily discarded and myself once more made to be a villain? How can I accept the Administration at its word when it has so swiftly reversed its policy towards us, from peaceable cooperation to wanton aggression? A perpetual patent is not a scrap of paper, to be signed and dismissed per convenience; it is a binding, legal agreement. A further patent may be developed, but the original agreement cannot be revoked without incurring the greatest infamy.

If a candidate steps forward who is willing to treat with us once more on a basis of respect and transparency, then I will duly return to the table. But I tell you know: those who persist in attempting to force our hand by threats of invasion shall find themselves empty-handed.

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

If you refuse to negotiate, then you yourself are inviting invasion. A treaty cannot exist in perpetuity; none ever has. This is a decided fact; Panama will be in our hands.

But, you avoid what is perhaps a larger question: where is your election? Where are your term limits? Answer this, despot.

I do not refuse to negotiate, Senor de Escovanitas. I merely state that simpletons who lack even a basic understanding of diplomacy - who would cajole us with threats as if we were a wanton vassal - shall find themselves gaining nothing but the scorn of the people and the opprobrium of their colleagues. The original patent was agreed in amiable negotiations between myself and Senor Fernandez; it was not secured by threats of force. Rather, if someone should seek to impose a settlement by strength of arms, they shall find themselves facing an implacable opponent.

You would do well to heed these words, Senor de Escovanitas. Your arrogance is not just unpleasant: it may well deprive Chile of the chance of peaceful reunification.

De Conti has served in office for almost ten years, with no sign of re-election in site.

Perhaps both sides of the divide need a change in leadership.

I agree with General de Porto. De Conti again refuses to answer for his despotism, and in his arrogance refers to those who find his disrespect of true Chileans irritable as simpletons. He is the simpleton, thinking that he can agitate against the Government pressing for diplomatic freedoms to save his sorry hide, while he himself merely lusts for unending power. Fernandez is an intelligent man, and has acquiesced willingly to a change in rule. In fact, so benevolent has his leadership been with mistakes few and far between, he did not have to step down. One mistake that he made, however, was treating a Frenchman who resorts to adolescent name-changing as an equal.

I demand, de Conti, that you address your illegal extended rule by abdicating immediately. You have served two terms, two more than you ever deserved. Now address the situation instead of fleeing from it as you do all hard decisions. If you thought that power could remain yours, you would have fought with us against Rios and his communists. But you knew that your ineffectual rule had brought about revolt, and you would be tolerated here no longer. So, you fled from your problems and enchanted some with thickly worded and charming rhetoric. Not I, sir. I see through your ill-used vocabulary, to the cowering man who sits at your core.

I have never advocated for force as a first resort; rather, I have consistently advocated it to be the last. But you take offense to slights against your character that are evident and well-deserved, and complain that unless you are treated as the Pope you will not negotiate. Negotiate with the Caudillo-elect; preferably, have your successor negotaite with Fernandez' successor.

The situation on the whole is quite laughable, I might add. De Conti is so taken by my words that they consume him in a passion of fear. I am a mere candidate for Caudillo, stating my positions should I be elected. And yet the ignorant man treats them as if I were Caudillo now!

Candidate Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo,
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
As usual, Senor de Escovanitas' infantile babbling has little relation to reality. Senor Fernandez himself stated that I would be welcome to return to Chile once the insurrection had concluded. Indeed, had I not preserved the Republic in Panama and pledged myself to the National Revolution, I would have almost certainly become Caudillo at one stage, and you would be reduced to praising me with the same sycophancy as when I was still President of the Republic. Your success is the product of my 'ineffectual rule'; every candidate for Caudillo save Senor Miramontes and yourself was originally a member of my cabinet or an appointment to my army. Your opinions, Senor de Escovanitas, are as changeable and self-serving as your allegiances: one moment, I am a true Chilean patriot; the next, a traitorous Frenchman.

It is with this same duplicity that you deal with Senor Fernandez. You praise him with one breath and then scorn him with another. For all your facile compliments, you assault his reputation and record as Caudillo. You overstep your bounds and overreach your hand; you speak as if you were already Caudillo, when in fact you are a mere minister, appointed only to cease your whining for recognition. No doubt once Senor Fernandez relinquishes power, you will treat him with the same scorn with which you have treated all your superiors, and his successor with the same sycophancy. You mewl like a kitten yet act as if you were a lion.

You are not Caudillo, Senor de Escovanitas - and God willing, you never will be. Yet you issue demands as if you were the paramount power on the mainland. In truth, you are nothing. I will never heed to your demands, as they are the words of a man without relevance - a beggar at the door of La Moneda.

Do not worry yourself with him Escovedo, this man only pretends to be President of the Free State. After all, if the Free State was so fair and democratic, it would be impossible for De Conti to have remained in office so long without re-election.

Thus logically, De Conti cannot possibly be the Presidente of the Free State.

I hope this clears some issues up.

Oh, trust me, General, I merely engage and enrage this adolescent to amuse myself. I am truly flattered that a Frenchman of such menial import takes such an interest in a "beggar" such as myself. Were I truly of such low import, why does de Conti do nothing but focus every last agonizingly boring and immature rant on myself and my reputation? A curious thing that he focuses so willingly on everything but his illegal, electionless rule.

And the audacity to claim that he is the reason that the Nationalista Government exists? Hilarious, if you ask me. The man is filled with contradictions, stating in the same sentence that I praise Fernandez too much, but accuse him of wrongdoing too much as well! And to call me a beggar at the door of La Moneda while stating in the same breath that he could and should have been Caudillo. Asking for peaceful negotiation while agitating against us, which in fact disallows him from holding office. He agitates, in fact, for the very political change that he ignores in the "Free" state!

But, as I have said before, the man is worth as much as his word: nothing. Again he changes my name to "itas", while calling me infantile. That alone displays his aptitude and moral worth.

Candidate Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

Fortunately, Senor de Escovanitas does an adequate performance of making a fool of himself, so I have no reason to respond to his masturbatory rant.

As for your accusations, General de Porto, they are without merit. As per the Instrument of Accession, the Free State entered an emergency period upon its inception, which has only just concluded this year. I enjoy the full confidence of the electorate and the rightful government. Elections have been restored, but so far no candidates have stepped forward. If you are so concerned about fostering democratic institutions, one would inquire why there are no elections on the mainland? If only an election can confer legitimacy, then are you accusing Senor Fernandez of treason?

Isn't it curious that I am criticised by a general who I myself appointed to office and a minister who would never have achieved power without the National Revolution which I engineered? Ingratitude runs rampant these days, it would seem.

I support DeConti continuing on in the role of Presidente for another term. I find it quite ironic to hear the calls for elections in the Free State from members of the Continental government which bans all elections and chooses its leader in a closed door process of party insiders. Perhaps you would have more credibility if you allowed the people of Chile to choose their leader freely in a election.

General Juan Rivera

It would seem that de Conti has no defense for the truth. Curious that his territory entered an undeclared state of emergency, and now enters undeclared elections. And, there is the matter of the term limit that de Conti refuses to address. De Conti's Government is a wonderful thing to witness; it consists only of his defenses against what he has done.

To call me masturbatory, and in the same breath to claim that he engineered the National Revolution and made it possible? Another priceless move. Curious, again, that he ran away from his engineering...

Full of curiosities.

I consider this bickering between the Rosenoists and the Panama government amusing. I hope they choke on their foul arguments. That would be real comedy.

Your petty insults and pointless rhetoric do not belong here. The real comedy would be the leftist finally giving in to the fact that they are leading a hopeless cause of rebellion, destruction, and class warfare.

And on the topic of the military... Chile will have it's navy. I propose, upon the completion of the election, a massive construction program that is surrounded by the whole might of Chile's industrial power that plans to expand the Chilean Navy to unseen heights in a short time span. We cannot remain in the palm of the Free State, no matter how well their intentions.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

How interesting that we are Rosenoists despite the avid resistance against crowning Daniel Roseno and the veto on the Restoration Bill.

And the fact that we are NOT a monarchy, but the opposite: a presidential republic! The left continues to slander us to make us look as a dictatorship would: we still have voting rights, we promote equal rights among men and women, and we (for the most part, most of us) discourage racial or ethnic discrimination. They are going to attempt to overthrow our just government and install their own totalitarian, tyrannical dictatorship where "all are equal" - equally slaves of the Chairman.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

And the fact that we are NOT a monarchy, but the opposite: a presidential republic! The left continues to slander us to make us look as a dictatorship would: we still have voting rights, we promote equal rights among men and women, and we (for the most part, most of us) discourage racial or ethnic discrimination. They are going to attempt to overthrow our just government and install their own totalitarian, tyrannical dictatorship where "all are equal" - equally slaves of the Chairman.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

You only have voting rights if you are a member of Frente Nacional.

You only have voting rights if you are a member of Frente Nacional.

And the Patriotas. We have tried to invite the Republicanos back into the nation without discrimination or removal of political privileges, but they have been unreasonably stubborn to it. They would rather dictate over the poor citizens of Panama than be a part of the Chilean State.

Oh, how horrible of us to make you join a political party! Oh, how horribly tyrannical! Surely there is no way on earth anyone could simply join the party and then vote the way they want to! Oh, the humanity of it all!
Oh please there is no true elections! Just politcal manueviring in your ruling council, the people will never have a voice until the Caudillo and his empire lies broken in the street
Viva La Revolucion!