• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just wanting to say that I'm enjoying this MP game just like all your others. I am in Afghanistan right now and it's a bright part of my day to see an updated session to read. Give 'em hell, Cpt!

would just like to say from the United Kingdom, I am proud of the work all the coalition soldiers doing, in such harsh conditions out in Afghanistan, keep up the good work

It seems like the Soviet player deliberately chose his targets for poor infrastructure, since he does have an interest in stalling a war for better laws. Understandable but not quite what was intended.

Good thing France fell already. Did you also catch some of the UK and Canadian forces in France? If you did, that should've seriously thinned their lines.

It would be great if you would use your forces to seal off the med. Your forces certainly should be able to do just that.

Well, Convoy pressure from Germany, invasions into Asia from Japan and threathening Africa by Italy will probaly make the British player a lot weaker, so there is a possibility of a Sealion..

What happened to the British troops in France, I assume they got to some port and were evacuated?

Some of those must have been caught. The event means that Vichy is formed and the non-Vichy part of France is transferred to Germany as occupied territory. All remaining Allied forces will be out of supply soonish. If the German player acted fast enough, he should have been able to knock out significant UK and Canadian forces.

Now the fun begins. Britain's going to be thinly spread across two fronts, I wonder if they can hold out in Africa, or will CptEasy seal the Mediterranean and thus the vulnerable underbelly of Fortress Europe?

Also, with continued Soviet agression and without a Weserübung from the Axis, the USA should drift towards the Allies more slowly.

What happened to the British troops in France, I assume they got to some port and were evacuated?

Actually, some brittish troops are left in France, fighting their way to the shore to be evacuated. "The Fall of Paris"-event was something new, and an unwelcome surprise for us, even though we playtested it (Though Maxyboy and I didn´t get it to fire). Some British troops were in... unfavorable positions when France fell.

would just like to say from the United Kingdom, I am proud of the work all the coalition soldiers doing, in such harsh conditions out in Afghanistan, keep up the good work

Thanks embe and CptEasy!

I am getting withdrawal symptoms from the lack of Carnage!

Maxyboy, French player here.

Just a few observations from the defense and fall of France. I was quite happy about the amount of troops I managed to pour out. Due to some increased production from my land gains in Germany and some fairly prolongued fighting in France I actually buildt almost all of my manpower. Sadly some of it didn't come to use as they were defending VP's in inner France.

In a joint allied effort we did hold the front for quite some time. Especially west of Paris. It was the following shift of troop to eastern France that I didn't react to to fast enough. Well played Germany. As I was a bit late, I didn't quite get the defensive positions I should and that part of the front crumbled a lot faster than intended.

The threat from Spain did tie up a lot of forces, but as the conflict continued without Italian intervention those forces was shifted towards Paris. When Paris fell, only a few token defenders was left on the Spanish border.

Maxboy, so what I hear you say is that you still had a few troops on the border. I'd say it is not as bad as when you had all the boarder territories covered, but it was still a distraction. If you had those troops in the front lines against the germans earlier, would it have stalled the fall of Paris?

...If you had those troops in the front lines against the Germans earlier, would it have stalled the fall of Paris?

Taking my own guess, I would say that if they had known in advance that Italy was likely to stay neutral, then the answer would be yes. The fact that the French have to gamble on how much they need to worry about the southern border is a perfect Italian strategy. They get to influence the outcome of a war without having to actually fight one.

Question being whether or not Italy had stayed neutral without the French forces as an deterrent on the border.

Doubtful. I think that CptEasy simply wanted to avoid unnecessary naval losses.

Doubtful that the Italians would have suffered naval losses. The Allies were occupied with mainland France, hardly a good time to conduct naval operations.

in love with Cpts AARs

Keep em comming