• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Democracy Act: Yea
These constraints, while initially reasonable, have been shown to be the first steps in the direction of liberalist dictatorship.
Leadership Act: Nay
I am adamantly against the combination of ministerial power and operational command.

I'd like to again put myself forward for a brigade command role.

Democracy Act: Abstain (Until further info is acquired)

It is my professional opinion as Minister of War, that the two new brigades be Artillery Brigades with one being sent to both main armies in the field, with the former Capital Stack being brought back to the West Coast.

Last edited:
Democracy Act: Nay

Democracy Act: Yay
The Congreso has voted my administration on the background of many factors, including my policies. The "Freedom Act" has prevented that policies chosen by the Congreso and in turn chosen by the Chilean people, can be inacted. The Democracy Act will improve the democratical value of Chile, and help the administration in fullfilling the policies, which it has been voted in for.

With power comes responsibility, but indstead of responsibility sometimes there comes corruption. I believe that we must keep Ministers and Generals seperated, as this act opens up for too much power for one man.

"Minister Armando de Vasces, I wish to ask you to review and find out if it is possible to construct following factories in Chile;

1. Ammunitions Factory
2. Steel Factory

Once both factories are up and running we must promote workers to fill them, and once this is done we could construct a third factory which would be a Small Arms Factory. Is this possible?"

- President Romano

"I wish to construct two artillery brigades, as my Minister of War suggested, and Grand General of the North: Jorge Alejandro Santandera shall command one of these, and the last shall be commanded by General Carrow."

- President Romano

So here are the early results:

Democracy Act:
Yes: 6
No: 2
Abstain: 3

Leadership Act:
Yes: 3
No: 7
Abstain: 1

((For those of you still unclear on what the Democracy Act is doing, I decided to allow only the third provision of the original act, which essentially will repeal the Freedom Act and give the administration the ability to set citizenship policy however they like.))

Democracy Act: Abstain
I am unequivocally ambivalent about the democracy act, and so I shall abstain.

Leadership Act: NAY

Chile has won a great victory against Argentina! We've seized land which should be Chilean.
However, this victory has come at a cost. I grieve for the people lost under my command, but if we hadn't done what we did then more Chilean lives would've been lost. As of right now, we must not overextend ourselves. Our soldiers should have their well-earned rest. An army which marches without sleep nor rest, will be defeated no matter how good its soldiers are.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

No on both.

Congrats on ending the war succesfully! It is truly a golden age for Chile!

Congrats on ending the war succesfully! It is truly a golden age for Chile!

((That reminds me - since the election is now over, we can welcome thekinguter and zagoroth back to the land of the living/voting))

Democracy Act:
Yes: 7
No: 3
Abstain: 4

Leadership Act:
Yes: 3
No: 10
Abstain: 1

((That also reminds me of something I forgot to mention: I had to do some shady stuff to get that war to end in a completely non-crazy way. Colombia was our warleader and they kept issuing really weird wargoals, so I hope no one minds that we got Patagonia and the Colombians didn't get Santa Fe...))

Democracy Act: Nay

If ministers are to hold positions of power within the army, what is to stop them from using the army to suppress political opposition to them and mold their rule into dictatorship? Generals should lead armies, and generals only, I say!

Last edited:
Democracy Act: Yay

Democracy Act- Our future elected leaders should have the power to decide on things like our moral and immigration policy as they see fit and as the nations situation allows.
Leadership Act-This act is appalling, are you asking for a military coup?
OOC: Also when can I propose my own piece of legislation?