• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Adrian Edmonds (forgot username) has volunteered to be the Libertarian Vice President.

Last edited:
Senator Adrian Edmonds (forgot username) and Harvey Clarke (Meddytov) have volunteered to be Libertarian Vice Presidents.

Ill Take Edmonds then.

Benjamin Rutledge is not the sharpest of minds. In any case, I congratulate Senator Edmonds for becoming the Libertarian nominee for Vice President.

((It is not. Jamous supports an alliance with Germany, something I actually thought we had, but then BBB went and burst my bubble :p))

((IC Howard does too, but since they keep rejecting he's just gonna leave it be. So basically what we were doing in your term. In any case, you weren't actually planning to send troops to Germany were you?))

((It is not. Jamous supports an alliance with Germany, something I actually thought we had, but then BBB went and burst my bubble :p))

((I would make an alliance with Germany, but since we can't I will just give them a small amount of finacial help))

((Today is an unusually active day for this AAR, isn't it?))

Citizens of the United States! Do you want your sons dying overseas for Bismark? For the Queen? To capture a few puny rebels on a backwards island? Or would you rather have those men, safe at home, protecting us, not some foreigner whom we have little in common with? A vote for the Republican Party is a vote for Peace! For Prosperity! For the Constitution! For Liberty!

The government is not the source of growth, of innovation, of our inalienable rights! The market provides the former two, and our Creator guarantees the latter. If you wish to believe that government is capable of granting and protecting your rights, you are welcome to your opinion. However, if you realize that a government with the power and privilege to grant rights, it easily has the power to take them away. A vote for the Republican Party is a vote for Individualism! A vote for Innovation! A vote for America!

Senator Henry J. Jarvis of California, Champion of the Constitution and Republican Vice-Presidential Candidate

((IC Howard does too, but since they keep rejecting he's just gonna leave it be. So basically what we were doing in your term. In any case, you weren't actually planning to send troops to Germany were you?))

((I only said 5 times that I wouldn't send troops over, and yet all these Republicans keep reading what they want to read, not what is really said))

Excerpt from a speech at a True American rally

My fellow Americans, why are we here? Why have people, from every corner of the country, from California, from Massachusets, from Texas, from South Carolina, gathered here? Are we here to establish an oligarchic plutocracy, as the Vinogradists would have you believe? Are we here to incite some kind of mass revolt, as New Democrats would have you believe? Are we here to establish a massive government in the name of the rich in order to oppress the people, as the anarchists would have you believe? No, no, no, no! We are here because we are tired of our politicians lying to us, stealing from us, and uprooting our American traditions! The Republicans do nothing about the welfare state! The New Democrats seek to use it to satisfy the level of corruption within their party! The Libertarians seek to expand it so that they can chain us to the government and to those in power! The anarchists, though incredibly imaginative in their words, are nothing more than a mob of rioters seeking to destroy any and all order within society!

Who was it who gave us our freedom? God, not the government! Who was it who deemed America the safe haven of all those oppressed by the despots of Europe? God, not Vinograd! Who deemed this Union strong enough to survive even the deadliest of Civil Wars? God, not Mandrake! God demands it of us to throw out these statists! God is with us!

Last edited:
I'm President Michael Jamous and the New Democrat party approves of the above message. Though there is no corruption within the ND party, which has been proved to everyone time and again. The rest of the message is true, and General Khur protected the Union far more effectively than General Mandrake.

((Today is an unusually active day for this AAR, isn't it?))

Citizens of the United States! Do you want your sons dying overseas for Bismark? For the Queen? To capture a few puny rebels on a backwards island? Or would you rather have those men, safe at home, protecting us, not some foreigner whom we have little in common with? A vote for the Republican Party is a vote for Peace! For Prosperity! For the Constitution! For Liberty!

Who said we would send troops to any nation? Not the new Democrats. Another instance of the republican parties partial blindness I fear.

Excerpt from a speech at a True American rally

My fellow Americans, why are we here? Why have people, from every corner of the country, from California, from Massachusets, from Texas, from South Carolina, gathered here? Are we here to establish an oligarchic plutocracy, as the Vinogradists would have you believe? Are we here to incite some kind of mass revolt, as New Democrats would have you believe?

What revolt? What are you talking about?

We are here because we are tired of our politicians lying to us, stealing from us, and uprooting our American traditions!

Those are very strong accusations. I would like you to present your proof or retract your lies.

The New Democrats seek to use it to satisfy the level of corruption within their party!

Present your proof sir, or do your statements contain as much wind as the republican policies?

Who was it who gave us our freedom? God, not the government! Who was it who deemed America the safe haven of all those oppressed by the despots of Europe? God, not Vinograd! Who deemed this Union strong enough to survive even the deadliest of Civil Wars? God, not Mandrake! God demands it of us to throw out these statists! God is with us!

It seems we agree on something! At least the "not mandrake" bit anyway.

All these statements have done is solidify my view that the republicans are full of hot air. They lie to us now, they will continue to lie if elected.

Last edited:
I fear that a Mandrake/Jarvis Ticket is only going to be one step forward and two steps back. The republicans would do well to show some solidarity with their moderates and oust this anarchist.

But I suppose I should be the last person to criticise the unusual choice of running mates.

Last edited:
I am an anarchist because I support the Constitution? I am an anarchist because of rightful fear of the State and Statism? I am no anarchist, Mr. Callahan; I believe that government should exist, but only in the spheres that the founders proscribed for it. I have no 'grand illusions' of a great welfare state, a system of co-operation, a world with no poverty. No, I do not see that world, not that dream, not in my lifetime. I do, however, see the plight of the Ottoman people, oppressed by tyranny; I see the suffering of the Chinese, from autocracy and imperialism. I see the serfs of Russia, stomped upon by the Czar and his cronies. Sir, that I fear the State, and its potential, is not anarchism; it is the duty of every American. The moment we accept the State as our provider, our saviour, is the moment we abandon our liberties to some elite thousands of miles away.

And as for 'blindness of the Republican Party,' Mr. Howard, what would an alliance with the Germans entail; tehy answer to us, and we do nothing in return? That is shortsighted; an alliance with Germany will lead to American troops supporting the Konig's wars, Bismarck's ambitions, and German imperialism. Sir, to deny that is a dishonour to the nature of an alliance, abandoning our allies with only supplies, but no men to use them.

Oh, and I thank you for your support Senator Brooks!

Senator Henry J. Jarvis of California, Champion of the Constitution and Republican Vice-Presidential Candidate

If that is your view of the state, I shudder to think of you at its head. We can only hope that when the platforms are announced, Jarvism hasn't neutered what could be a strong and progressive government.

Mister Jarvis, you realize that an alliance and joining one's war doesn't always mean sending the men across the Atlantic to die. Take the State of Florida during the Civil War, they supplied only token amount of forces to the Confederacy, yet the supplies and monetary support they sent was invaluable. It is the same thing with our idea of allying with Prussia, that it guarantees cooperation and assistance between the two countries, and promises a strong ally and friend in the far future, it is shortsighted of you to fear an alliance because you think that joining a war only means sending soldiers to our allies.

Rufus Routt of Colorado, Soldier Boy, Quasi-Hawk, and proud Conservative

It depends wholly on your view of a progressive government is, Mr. Callahan. That I want the individual, not the state, to dictate his own life is a horrible thought leaves me to shudder with you in the same position.

You believe in the welfare state, if I may be so bold, whereas I support a liberal society; that is, the nation envisioned by Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, Rousseau, Locke and thousands of other leaders and students of the Enlightenment. With them at the helm of this nation, would you be afraid?

Mr. Routt, I understand perfectly that if we intervene in European affairs, it won't necessarily mean American blood being spilled in Europe; it could very well be shed in our hemisphere, as well. I also understand the risk of involving ourselves in entangling alliances and endless wars. Did the Confederacy win the war with these vaunted supplies? Or did I merely imagine that their vast legions of troops were only a paltry force of men, struggling to survive. To involve ourselves in the affairs of any other nation is detrimental in the long run; we will anger the nations that we opposed, we malign ourselves to those (like the British) who fear another rising power, and we challenge our own principles of liberty and self determination. Ultimately, we will tarnish our nation; where once we could behave as a mediator, with no 'horse in the race,' we will become intrinsically involved, and as such, will promote more war and death and destruction.

I cannot endorse a system, not only opposed to our founders intentions, but also one that could have extremely dangerous repercussions on the world and our blessed Union.

Last edited: