• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

How so? With only 2 wolves in each pack I'd rather have them try to lynch the other pack instead of hunting it.

oh, I'd prefer 3 wolves... the thing is that there should be a prisoner's dillema. If you lynch the other team, they can just spill the beans about your pack before dying...

Good to see Devotist bit the bullet and entered Werewolf. It was probably me who encouraged him through Diplomacy.

oh, I'd prefer 3 wolves... the thing is that there should be a prisoner's dillema. If you lynch the other team, they can just spill the beans about your pack before dying...

Ah, yes. That is indeed an issue. I just rather keep the game a bit smaller and with fewer wolves.

On the other hand, tamius could just as well have spilled the beans in Meso I. It should have been apparent to him that he was getting the boot any second when his last packmate was going down.

Ah, yes. That is indeed an issue. I just rather keep the game a bit smaller and with fewer wolves.

On the other hand, tamius could just as well have spilled the beans in Meso I. It should have been apparent to him that he was getting the boot any second when his last packmate was going down.

I think most people would pick their pack winning first, the other pack winning second, stalemate third and the village winning fourth. He had no realistic chance of winning himself, so better to give the other pack a chance.

I knew I was going to be hunted by the other pack that night. I decided it would be best to help Vainglory's pack win.

I think most people would pick their pack winning first, the other pack winning second, stalemate third and the village winning fourth. He had no realistic chance of winning himself, so better to give the other pack a chance.

Yes, that is the scenario I am hoping for. Any baddie victory > goodie victory. Besides, outing the other pack with nothing to win would just be lame and ruin the game for the others. I hope people have a bit more honour than that.

Yes, that is the scenario I am hoping for. Any baddie victory > goodie victory. Besides, outing the other pack with nothing to win would just be lame and ruin the game for the others. I hope people have a bit more honour than that.

Yes, that was what I thought.

Outing myself wouldn't have made any difference, but outing the other pack would just have irritated them and the village too.

The thing is... WW is not a game of honour :grin:

But that honor can also be abused by a dominant pack, who can keep the other wolf alive just to finish off the village faster. The other wolf cannot out them due to it being lame, but he is just as doomed as if he was hunted early. And with a 2 wolf setup, it's very easy to hit this point.

The thing is... WW is not a game of honour :grin:

But that honor can also be abused by a dominant pack, who can keep the other wolf alive just to finish off the village faster. The other wolf cannot out them due to it being lame, but he is just as doomed as if he was hunted early. And with a 2 wolf setup, it's very easy to hit this point.

Well, yes. The game can be abused in a number of ways. Still, keeping that wolf alive would be dangerous to the other pack. He could still try to have them lynched, fake a JL on them or whatever. There are ways for everything.

Meso stemmed from discussions about how to make the village non-JL reliant. With two hunts a night there's really not that much time to collect information. It's bad enough in a 12/4/1 setup that can reach parity in 4 days, Meso's 15/1/3/3 isn't much better when you get a good result for one pack (thanks again to Tami). If we want to create a setup that causes more analysis then we'd be better with something like 16/4 with no seer, that'd give more time for analysis (6 days to parity at a bare minimum). If we don't care about analysis but want the prisoner dilemma then Bagricula's Meso setup isn't too far from what's needed. However there's a question on the poison pills Bagricula's setup has. The loser pack can deny victory to the pack that betrayed them. In our case Tami helped us and didn't punish us, but what if the packs have bitter enemies? I'd feel like a third wheel if I was a villager who won because the packs were feuding and their names were revealed.

Meso stemmed from discussions about how to make the village non-JL reliant. With two hunts a night there's really not that much time to collect information. It's bad enough in a 12/4/1 setup that can reach parity in 4 days, Meso's 15/1/3/3 isn't much better when you get a good result for one pack (thanks again to Tami). If we want to create a setup that causes more analysis then we'd be better with something like 16/4 with no seer, that'd give more time for analysis (6 days to parity at a bare minimum). If we don't care about analysis but want the prisoner dilemma then Bagricula's Meso setup isn't too far from what's needed. However there's a question on the poison pills Bagricula's setup has. The loser pack can deny victory to the pack that betrayed them. In our case Tami helped us and didn't punish us, but what if the packs have bitter enemies? I'd feel like a third wheel if I was a villager who won because the packs were feuding and their names were revealed.

I actually dislike the Meso idea but I have decided to try it. I am going to GM a Lite with only villagers and wolves - I find this approach more mind-stimulating.

I actually dislike the Meso idea but I have decided to try it. I am going to GM a Lite with only villagers and wolves - I find this approach more mind-stimulating.

Jacob said that you can play in Meso and GM Lite at the same time. Assuming you have the time.

It was good fun as a waffle, but being a villager maybe not so much. It was also a novelty, and whether that'd last...

It was good fun as a waffle, but being a villager maybe not so much. It was also a novelty, and whether that'd last...

Let's say that after the so-called 'WW Lite Crisis' (has it marked the end of WW Lite as the vets know it?) we approached the era of chaos in which we are trying to find a new setup to create an equilibrium between gooddies and baddies. IMHO it will end with someone saying 'Let's resurrect the good old WW Lite', but this is the moment we can use to try novelties.

Let's say that after the so-called 'WW Lite Crisis' (has it marked the end of WW Lite as the vets know it?) we approached the era of chaos in which we are trying to find a new setup to create an equilibrium between gooddies and baddies. IMHO it will end with someone saying 'Let's resurrect the good old WW Lite', but this is the moment we can use to try novelties.

I can see that happening, although because we can run 1 Big and 2 non-Big WWs (any combination of lites, mesos, micros, and variants that aren't Big) the novelty might last longer as people can freely play the old Stock Lite or alternatively it might deprive Meso and variants of oxygen as people prefer the Stock Lites... we'll see.

Certainly I like novelties for a short time, but I never thought Stock Lite needed to be fixed. Kiwi's numbers didn't lie, but I thought it wasn't quite as unbalanced as he said, or as JL reliant.

@ Randakar

j-L has ruled that you can play 2 WW games at one time, and there can be 3 games going. Any non-Big (eg Meso, Micro) is considered "Lite" and you can only play one Lite at a time. But playing in a Meso and a Big is fine. You can always sub out, too.