• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What does "uncontested claims" mean? I am HRE, and am suffering -10.5% Prestige each year because of uncontested claims. Is there a way to get rid of the modifier on Prestige (I just want everybody to love me)?

What does "uncontested claims" mean? I am HRE, and am suffering -10.5% Prestige each year because of uncontested claims. Is there a way to get rid of the modifier on Prestige (I just want everybody to love me)?

Uncontested claims are cores that you (or one of your vassals) do not hold.

hm ok i guess if i colonise provinces with 6 tax it shouldnt hurt my research speed too much

You get a -90% tax penalty for overseas provinces, making base tax of a province not a major consideration. Almost all of your colonial income is going to come from tariffs. The New World has some really nice goods, like sugar, coffee, and gold, that produce crazy high tariffs.

If I enact a cultural union tag change, and have cores that are outside the decision's explicit core-spawning effect, will the new tag get cores on those provinces, too?

If I enact a cultural union tag change, and have cores that are outside the decision's explicit core-spawning effect, will the new tag get cores on those provinces, too?

All of your cores are changed to the union tag. You additionally get all the union tag's cores.

ok quick question: what determines navy recruitment time (aside from buildings which is obviously)?

Additionally: the type of ship you build (big ships taking longest), and if the province you're building in is overseas (double build time).

there also seem to be a province modifier (tax income? production good?).

Ah, this is for all units, not specifically ships: higher base tax reduces build time.

ah ok, never noticed this for land units. good to know for buildings placement.

I only learnt of it a couple of days ago: there was a question by someone who had modded his capital to have hundreds of basetax, and he was asking why his units were being built instantly! :) Before that, I hadn't known of this feature.

I was at war with Genoa so they blocked me from their CoT, now I vassalised them to get access to the CoT again but they havent opened it yet, how can I get access to the liguarian CoT again? What makes them stop blocking me out?