• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems to me like this community is crippled by the heavy handed moderation. It is as if Paradox is trying to foster a customer base of 12-year-old Mormons, or is it the mods who push it in this direction on their own accord? Either way, would be nice if this site was geared more towards adults who live in a reality were people cuss occasionally without someone breaking down into tears.

I have a 50/50 chance of being banned by this comment I am sure.
I'll be generous and assume you didn't see the post I deleted. If you did see it and genuinely think that only Mormons would object to it, well, all I can say is you are as wrong as can be and probably need therapy. For the record I am a lifelong atheist and (by US standards) a liberal; indeed a supporter of openness in all official transactions. I also assume you have no idea of what "heavy-handed moderation" is actually like.

I love your pathetic pre-emptive attempt at martyrdom by assuming, indeed virtually hoping, to get banned for a perfectly innocuous comment the like of which gets posted here every frikkin' day. You have no frikkin' idea, I assure you.

You need to take my word that the deleted post was offensive by any standard you would want to live by.

It seems to me like this community is crippled by the heavy handed moderation. It is as if Paradox is trying to foster a customer base of 12-year-old Mormons, or is it the mods who push it in this direction on their own accord? Either way, would be nice if this site was geared more towards adults who live in a reality were people cuss occasionally without someone breaking down into tears.

I have a 50/50 chance of being banned by this comment I am sure.

Paradox is tame by TeamLiquid standards ;)

I also assume you have no idea of what "heavy-handed moderation" is actually like.

Like this man says. It can always be worse. Can you imagine what the moderation would be like in a country where the Centralization, Narrow-Mindedness, and Aristocracy sliders are maxed out?

Like this man says. It can always be worse. Can you imagine what the moderation would be like in a country where the Centralization, Narrow-Mindedness, and Aristocracy sliders are maxed out?

Though it might be just as bad if plutocracy were maxed out. The only way us proles have a chance is if we can play the aristocrats and the plutocrats against each other. :)

I'm wondering what the offensive post was now.

Hurted feelings. That is -5 demerits for you.

Since you so desperately seem to want infractions I can assure you that you will get them. And no, the thread won't be closed because of you.

To everyone else: don't derail the thread by arguing with him - the moderators will handle it.

Teatime

Teatime.JPG

Last edited:
The whole thing with disappearing buildings reminds me of Potemkin Villages. :D

I don't know about RAAAGE!, but this is certainly mildly annoying:

eu-img5.gif

I have to say that this is one of the think I wonder about DW. I just played Saxony (a now 4PM, but in a big country, it would be strange to not be able to construct new buildings. Magistrates is an interesting things, but it could be like manpower (with a malus when you have too much of them (ineficient bureaucrats)).