• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The most important question:
Meteor sighted, Is there a new option/options?
Yes, check Darkrenown's dev aar for a screenie! :)

EDIT: ultra-emu'd, but I still gave more information! :p

My first impression is a great one. Hordes rock... although they probably shouldn't attack when the neighbouring player has 5 stacks of 8 regiments... when its own army is under 6 total regiments, attacking as soon as the truce is over.

AI armies get craftier... armies retreating when you send your army, escaping before your amry gets there :p Oh, and i got my @*s handed over when starting to place a small army besides a AI doomstack besieging one of my province, awaiting reinforcements from a couple of armies. The AI kept a small sieging force, and erased my army in a swift attack, before going back to the siege. Never saw that one coming... so good job with the AI.

Factions are real nasty to deal with, can really be a pain... that was really nice. After 150 years playing China, all i conquered was Vietnam and 2 tibetan provinces.... and suffered 50 years of trouble after losing the Mandate of Heaven.

Was lots of fun. I just wish i know how i could get the Eunuchs back to power :p

Next game, shogunate :)

Because Paradox forgot to remove this event from NA...

province_event = {

id = 6415

trigger = {
NOT = { has_building = tax_assessor }
owner = { government_tech = 36 }
is_colony = no
is_core = THIS
NOT = { revolt_risk = 1 }
owner = { stability = 3 }
owner = {
idea = bill_of_rights
idea = bureaucracy
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 5000
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
owner = { centralization_decentralization = 2 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
owner = { centralization_decentralization = 3 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
owner = { centralization_decentralization = 4 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
owner = { centralization_decentralization = 5 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { NOT = { stability = 0 } }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { NOT = { stability = 1 } }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { NOT = { stability = 2 } }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { NOT = { stability = 3 } }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { war_exhaustion = 2 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { war_exhaustion = 4 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { war_exhaustion = 6 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { war_exhaustion = 8 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.05
owner = { war_exhaustion = 10 }
}
}

title = "EVTNAME6415"
desc = "EVTDESC6415"

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA6415"
add_building = tax_assessor
}
}

... for a limited time you can get multiple "unique" tax assessors. In theory. :rofl:

I dont think Ive ever seen this event fire tho.

Ouch the Scotts are tougher.
I invaded with my 12 K army in 1399 but was sent packing by a huge army appearing from the highlands.

Mission accomplished!

Oh god HRE Burgundy is getting free provinces all over the Empire

ITS GOING TO EAT ME!!!

Seriously though, from one emperor to another Burgundy grew twice in size by just getting provinces for free.

I mainly checked out the modding features, but the game also looks very nice.

Too bad there are no extra islands in the Pacific. One of my main gripes as China in EU3 was that I couldn't get to the Americas. Will have to wait for mods that add a few islands between Hawaii and Asia. Too bad.

It sucks that I have to get to class soon. Don't really have any time to play until Wednesday.

- Both Byzantium and Ottomans start out with Carracks instead of Galleys. WAD?

- Long wars of attrition just got more annoying, as the alliance leader tends to bring back their lesser allies after their respective truces expire.

- AI seems much more aggressive now.

- Your starting mission is given to you before the game even begins.

- So far, every time I get called into a war, the pop up gives me the -2 stab hit for no CB. Anyone else seeing that alot (I used to see it all the time in the old 4.1b patch, but only if I responded too quickly)?

- No more pop. census to use up your magistrates (not that I expect to have many extra ones, now that my empire is forming up)

- Weights and Measures from the beginning. Interesting.

Thats all I've noticed for now. I'm finally tired, so I'll have to play more in the morning. Plus, I'm annoyed at the Ottomans for actually building up a larger fleet than I had blockading the straits. Just who do they think they are?

PS, whats the checksum supposed to be?

Seems after the general power creep in Sweden, King makes sure that Scotland can shine. God forbid if you ever get a French employee. EU3: The return of the BBB

I guess you can partly give King credit for this as he makes sure Scotland gets annexed in every game as he seems to prefere playing England ;) To battle this I buffed both Scotland and France!

My first impression starting as Manchu was that the hordes are eaten to quick.
Ming immediatelly conquered those 2 bordering hordes. Maybe needs a little tweak to make them
stronger in the early game....

Apart from that it looks nice. Like the new option in comet sighted ^-^

- So far, every time I get called into a war, the pop up gives me the -2 stab hit for no CB. Anyone else seeing that alot (I used to see it all the time in the old 4.1b patch, but only if I responded too quickly)?

- No more pop. census to use up your magistrates (not that I expect to have many extra ones, now that my empire is forming up)

- Weights and Measures from the beginning. Interesting.

The message says -2 stab, but you don't actually get any stability loss when called now, unless it's to the attacker's side after more than 3 months. Guess that fix didn't make release.

There's always CT for excess magistrates!

Weights and Measures is visible from the beginning, but still has the same requirements. It was just so people know it's there.

I was expecting some more triggered modifiers but its very nice to see them, and what it takes to get them.

Ive been having a brilliant time as the oirate horde, but have run into a bump. If i declare war on the Timirid Horde, Aceh joins the war on their side and this happens, centred on my capital if you click on it "[messagehandler.h:261]: 24 June, 1410 NULL_MESSAGE_LOG" which ends the war in a second. Which is troublesome but who knows.

Also, the new things are BRILLIANT! especially how good it all looks, and it seems to go faster too
and can an annex tibet mission be completed without giving up the hordliness?

The only bug I have run into is playing as France. When went to war with England and Portugal came in I suddenly knew were the Creek were in North America but not the sea zones to them. odd

I was expecting them to remove some National Focus stuff into the new buildings, but damn. For all intents and purposes, you can leave your Focus parked into the same spot for the entire game now. It still provides bonuses but there's pretty much no decisions tied to it anymore.

I was expecting them to remove some National Focus stuff into the new buildings, but damn. For all intents and purposes, you can leave your Focus parked into the same spot for the entire game now. It still provides bonuses but there's pretty much no decisions tied to it anymore.

What about border conflicts and lowering enemy income?