• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First impressions are good. The building system looks great, and the hordes look interesting too.

I might turn the north american tribes into hordes to keep them from being quickly eaten.

But good work...though installation was a nightmare it worked when I finally got it lined up.

(moved to original post)

Last edited:
I am confused how the manpower buildings are supposed to be balanced.

You can get +6500 manpower per province if you buy all the army buildings. Am I missing something? That means you can pretty much have infinite manpower, even if you go full Naval slider.
Building types are mutually exclusive for level 5.

Its so damn prettylooking now wowwee! I don't know who start as Moscowy, Japan or China, maybe try a horde out too! Or try being Austria and inheriting in the HRE? Thx Pdox!

Ive been having a brilliant time as the oirate horde, but have run into a bump. If i declare war on the Timirid Horde, Aceh joins the war on their side and this happens, centred on my capital if you click on it "[messagehandler.h:261]: 24 June, 1410 NULL_MESSAGE_LOG" which ends the war in a second. Which is troublesome but who knows.

Also, the new things are BRILLIANT! especially how good it all looks, and it seems to go faster too
and can an annex tibet mission be completed without giving up the hordliness?

Hmm, Ache shouldn't be able to ally them and join in.

For the null message setting, delete messagetypes_custom in your EUIII folder.

Technically you could occupy tibet and hope all their provinces defect to you which should make you succeed. Fairly unlikely though.

I love this expansion- because for the first time since EUIII base, I can actually play the game without the graphics causing intensive lag and the game taking 11 minutes to start up by drawing borders for 5. Thank you for finally changing the graphics engine. Also, I don't think a nation should be able to refuse to enter a war, dishonoring an alliance, and then enter that same war as part of a reformed alliance- it seems odd.

The only bug I have run into is playing as France. When went to war with England and Portugal came in I suddenly knew were the Creek were in North America but not the sea zones to them. odd

Are you sure Creek didn't come in too? When you go to war with someone you haven't discovered their capital is revealed.

Blobbing seems really common. Because of the HRE events Austria now owns 1/3 of Germany, The TO ate over half of Lithuanian's provinces, Poland is almost to Georgia, Castille ate up all but 3 provinces in Iberia, and France is just short of their modern borders. It's 1450. I'm a little worried. The wars tend to escalate into huge conflicts really quickly and I'm fighting a lot more than in HttT. I think the AI should probably be more reserved about calling in allies and declaring war.

Is anyone else finding that DW is running a whole lot slower than HTTT did? I like the look of the new graphics, and the new features all seem interesting (even if the overhauled trade system confused me) but I gave up before very long because it ran so slowly. It was fine during war time, but too tedious and frustrating when I was at peace. Anyone else having this problem, or is it something weird about my system?

The most important question:
Meteor sighted, Is there a new option/options?

Yes, "stop looking at the sky" :D

Is anyone else finding that DW is running a whole lot slower than HTTT did? I like the look of the new graphics, and the new features all seem interesting (even if the overhauled trade system confused me) but I gave up before very long because it ran so slowly. It was fine during war time, but too tedious and frustrating when I was at peace. Anyone else having this problem, or is it something weird about my system?

You mean performance wise or gameplay is slow?

Speed was fine for me...

It isnt just you, my game runs about 20% slower than vanilla EU3 httt.

To clarify, im talking bout gameplay speed, at max speed, it runs slower than vanilla for sure, and i have more than good PC.