• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe make the already slightlly authoritarian democrat United States have some border dispute with the Confederacy, which leads to a secret pact between Germany and the United States ala Zimmerman Telegram.

As it is now, Africa and America are Entente Fortresses, and everyone knows a true 21st Century Weltkrieg must be fought across all continents.

Maybe make the already slightlly authoritarian democrat United States have some border dispute with the Confederacy, which leads to a secret pact between Germany and the United States ala Zimmerman Telegram.

Mitteleuropa is powerful enough already. They have all of Europe, nearly all of China, and large footholds in South America, Africa, and Asia. Any coming war against Mitteleuropa is going to be hard enough already, especially in Asia and Europe.

Besides, with Canada and the United States settling their final border disputes, there really is no reason for the USA to join the Germans. The Americans don't really have any reasons to like the germans anyway, with Germany being the country that had the USA split apart in the 1940's as a way to end the 2nd American civil war. Its because of Germany's actions back then that the USA was divided for over half a century, causing this whole situation to begin with.

Global events, Spring 2011 (Part 1)

After Brazil became the full member of Entente, alarms went on in Berlin. Young nuclear power in South America was now the member of Entente. Germans tried to keep Brazil neutral, even giving some support to Brazilian imperial claimant, but things went in diffrent way. Germans just couldn't make Brazil and La Plata to get along better. Despite the fall of Syndicalism in Brazil, relations between the two South American powers didn't improve much. Open rivalry was still present and Brazil decided to seek for new allies. Since La Plata was enjoying German support, Brazil turned to nearest and most suitable bloc: The Entente. Even Brazilian intelligence was aware of rumors about approachement of Entente and Tokyo Pact, and Mitteleuropa didn't seem to be the global overlord anymore. New forces that could counter German bloc were on the rise. And Germans weren't happy about that.

brazil-1.jpg

Berlin struggled to weaken Entente as much as possible before the enemies of Mitteleuropa could gather. The long arm of Kaiserreich struck again. This time it was South Africa. Germans first tried with diplomatic pressure: South Africa was offered Namibia as reward for switching sides and joining Mitteleuropa. Heavy diplomatic pressure of Entente prevented South African leadership from making the deal with a devil. However, everyone in South Africa were not so happy with that. Extremists in opposition started to accuse goverment of being servant of Entente without the respect for national interests. Group of radicals which enjoyed German support and prefered pro-European orientation set their headquarters in the city of Pretoria. Conspirators named their organization ''Pretorian Guard''. Aided by German agents, Pretorian Guard spreaded dissent among important groups in South Africa. The army was especially desired target. Soon, the goverment found itself surrounded. Army and security forces were full of symphatizers of Pretorian Guard. In bloodless coup d'etat, Pretorian Guards took the power. Entente couldn't do anything. Germans recognized the new regime immediately. Roelf van Osterkemp, the staunt Boer nationalist, army officer and leader of Pretorian Guard established dictatorship. Single-party system with Pretorian Guard as the one and only legal party was established. To reinforce their new ally, Germans have surrendered control over Namibia to South Africa. Entente was now facing new threat in Africa. Battle of Entente and Mitteleuropa for new members was now in full swing. Entente tried to speed up negotiations with Tokyo Pact, while Mitteleuropa tried to use the fear of the rising Russian Empire to lure Scandinavian countries in Mitteleuropean nest. Germans also strengthened the pressure on the Greece and Romania in attempt to break the will of isolated countries and force them into strategic partnership with Germany. The race for new allies was now the most important issue for both Entente and Mitteleuropa.

saf.jpg

You Jerries are cheap...

Please tell me the Entente can overthrow some of Mitteleuropa's members at some point. I would love to see a coup in England or the Princely federation or something. Its really cheap that the Germans can just overthrow your allies like this.

Where I've seen that van Oesterkampf before...

Poor South Africans, they'll pay a heavy price for the betrayal of some fools...

I wonder what van Osterkemp is going to do here? Maybe declare war upon the Entente, since it's about time now that a war should start.

hmmm, this can't be good for business...

South Africa betrayed us and will pay for their treachery. But not yet...

First we need an ally in Europe, someone that can bring the Entente a new foothold in Europe. Perhaps the Greeks and Romanians?

Try to fund a Byzantine pretender and unleash him in Greece!

I wouldn't really envy the Platineans, they are practically alone in the continent... If you want to cause some troubles to MittelEuropa, I suggest you to support secessionist movements inside Austria: let the rotten stucture collapse from the inside!

Trying to woo Greece and Romania into the Entente, as well as stirring up nationalist sentiment in the Austro-Hungarian empire would definitely be good ways to cause trouble for Germany in Europe. Smuggling weapons to nationalist rebels in AH could definitely bring great success.

BTW, how do you think the ANC and the majority black population of South Africa are reacting to the Oosterkemp regime and the Pretorian guard? I would imagine that strikes, demonstrations, and other forms of civil unrest will be growing exponentially across South Africa. I highly doubt that the ANC would accept now being kicked out of government and being ruled by some dictatorial German puppet regime.

I wouldn't really envy the Platineans, they are practically alone in the continent... If you want to cause some troubles to MittelEuropa, I suggest you to support secessionist movements inside Austria: let the rotten stucture collapse from the inside!

I second this notion.