• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:mad: that was a selfish victory....bah big games are no fun anymore

You PM'd AOK and said you were a conscript, and you could be turned.

What did you expect...? A golden ticket to the JL club...?

At that point you were an unknown, we hadn't scanned you... You could have been involved.

Also, you have to take into account that there were hidden wolves that even threw the wolves off.

I said in PMs very early on there were ALOT of hidden traits, and kept the JL very small because of that.
There were just too many variables to what was happening.
It was truly a case that you really had a hard time trusting anyone...

Add to that the limited scanning ability of the baddies and only one scanner for the goodies and it's a slow, incomplete scan process. I never even found an apprentice... With one scan a day, it would take alot of days to get everybody known. Without that ability, you end up with having to take alot of chances. I'd consider nailing 4 out of 7 baddies last day (that would have been 5 if we had gotten clarification earlier that the brutal order would not be carried out if the player was billeted) to be a pretty good shot in the dark, wouldn't you...?

There was nothing selfish about this win. I'll give every PM I have, and in them you'll see from day 2 I wanted everyone I came in contact with who was a goody to win. I didn't want to lose a single man. We took countless chances on guys that could have wiped us out in a heartbeat to include them. We put our lives on the line not knowing if guys would come through and actually be who they said they were.

There was nothing selfish about this. We simply were running out of time and didn't have the scanning power to keep taking chances. In fact, if I have one gripe at all it's that the limited scans really slowed things down and made trust a rare commodity. Made it very hard to work with anything but a very small group.

The fact we had 8 people working together out of this is near miraculous given the chances we had to take.

T

Antracer, you're far too keen on the welfare of your men, such caring is unwelcome in the Wehrmacht :mad:

Seriously, have you ever been in the marines or something? :p No man left behind and all that....

Yes. He speaks the truth. Ant wanted to bring everyone along. He is nice like that.

However, if we are going full disclosure, I pushed to keep Naut and VLN out of confinement because I wanted the biggest tie in Werewolf history. Whether or not anybody survived was secondary to the mission.

Admit it HDK. It was worth it. :D

Heh, I thought you might be sweating it a bit for that update :p And Nautilu got very lucky with his lynch redirect, unless of course the JL randomly got in contact with him, as I don't believe he'd been scanned at that time, and even if he had the seer couldn't scan traits.

Nautilu got in contact with me directly after the assertion in the thread I was the seer. I took a chance and answered. It was one of those hold your breath moments for sure... After that, we all held our collective breath, especially AOK... :rofl: He came through for us.

In the end, SPLIT mentioned he should be in on the epic finale for his work, though we still weren't 100% convinced he wasn't playing us.

Your "paranoia" factor worked the nuts on us for sure. It was part of what made the ride so much fun.

I should say thank you to Nautilu and to vLN for their help in the win. Without them it wouldn't have happened.

Antracer, you're far too keen on the welfare of your men, such caring is unwelcome in the Wehrmacht :mad:
Tough sh**. :p

Seriously, have you ever been in the marines or something? :p No man left behind and all that....

Nope. Management training gone bad...

Seriously though... Two things...

-Collectively we are more intelligent than we are individually.
-I don't have an ego. (I lost it somewhere. If you find it, please send it to...)

It's more fun for me to see others win it.
I like to win, don't get me wrong, but there's more to life and more important things than "winning".

And mark my words...
There will be a day I stab someone in the back or cut them off or sacrifice them to the werewolf gods...
Just ask the 3 goodies who died the last day...
Granted it was only because we couldn't get to them in time...
But I won't lose any sleep over it. It happens.
You do the best with what you got and roll with whatever comes.

Sorry if that flies in the face of modern every man for himself convention.

No I'm not.

F**k modern every man for himself convention.

There. Feel better bukkit boy...? :p

(I'm kidding... ...Really...)

T

There. Feel better bukkit boy...? :p

Yes.

It's nice to see someone being an incredibly good teamplayer, as opposed to how it usually turns out in these games :p

It also makes me feel very bad, as one of my only WW wins came from selling out two packmates, and ignoring the third :eek:o

Yes.

It's nice to see someone being an incredibly good teamplayer, as opposed to how it usually turns out in these games :p

It also makes me feel very bad, as one of my only WW wins came from selling out two packmates, and ignoring the third :eek:o

But alas... Sometimes there is just no alternative.
Every game is different.
Sometimes people just don't want to be a team...

Thanks again for a great game.
Even when it was going right it still felt horribly wrong.
That's a hard feeling to deliver with consistency, and I think you nailed it.
Now you just have to hope consistency isn't pregnant. :eek:

T

I'm suddenly reminded of Bryon James(?) in Blade Runner....
"Time to Die..."

I knew I'd be dead the moment after aok announced his stunt...TBH I was thinking about it and it was 50-50 but as I was a boring villager I wanted to make my role more fun.... either way it was obvious towards the end so I pmed AOK asking about the baddie names.... I hoped that would give me a goodie vibe...

ohh well it was selfish because 5 others died tonight some ware unnecessary.
collateral damage? maybe I wouldn't have done it. not my style.

German Victory - Winners:

Sargeant Kriszo the Sentry (Even Nights)
Colonel Jopi the Colonel
Captain Slinky the Former Colonel
Father AOK. 11 the Priest
Lieutenant Split (THE_SPLIT) the Surgeon
Corporal White (Snow White) the Wavering Soldier
Major Antracer the Major of the Gestapo (Seer)
Corporal von Loch Ness the Snitching Soldier

i did not win?

i did not win?

Apologies, I missed you off the list, I will go back and edit it now.

The games over, and yet I continue to fail :rofl:

Edit: I know what I did now, I put you down as being lynched Day 11 by mistake, d'oh!

Yes.

Sometimes in order to save your allies you have to sacrifice others. Most pack implosions are set off by trying to save someone.

Being a good team player does not mean you blow up your entire team for a small part of it. You have to balance it out, and I try to do that.

ohh well it was selfish because 5 others died tonight some ware unnecessary.
collateral damage? maybe I wouldn't have done it. not my style.

That's not true. We killed four baddies, one cursed and two villagers with the tie. That's a pretty good score in my opinion. The confusion is probably because Raczynski and jonti-h aren't listed as evil in the post announcing their lynching, but they actually were deep cover baddies.

@Dublish: Our pack was doomed from the very start, the way we voted was so n00bish wolf pack it was unbelievable, once jerard got killed the whole pack of cards was certain to fall down, given we had all voted to save each other at some stage, although Antracer and co. deserve all the credit they get for a very efficient and skilled JL, the village wouldn't even have needed them to get the rest of the wolves, well, the rest of our pack at least

I didn't know who was in the pack till Marty and Snoop PMed me near Marty's end. All I had was Muttoneer's name. Considering I voted Jerard, I thought I had decent cover.

Several questions: How did all the info on our pack get out there? Snoop's brutal trait, and Muttoneer and Jerard being cultist with the priest non-scanning. Did the seer scan for cultists too?

That was an epic win! Thank you walrus for GMing and all the other guys in the JL, this was a fun game. It was nice to be in the JL from day 1, I wasn't too enthusiastic about my role initially. We had a good JL, lots of veterans in there.
I think the new rules worked quite well. It's impossible to say how the Deep Cover trait could have affected the game if it had. But at least we made good use of the Colonel, I don't know if this was what walrus was thinking when he wrote up that role.:D
And me and vLN were on the same side again! And we won, just like we won Racz's Harry Potter game when we were on the same side.

Well I did give the baddies a chance by not immediately proving my role in the thread and thus form a JL on day one. It was certainly possible, but I decided against it for a more fun game.

Of course creating a massive TIE is very funny. :p
Lemeard would be so proud of you :D
They had a trait 'Deep Cover', where if hunted or lynched, they would show up as regular soldiers. They would only be discovered as wolfs upon the lynching of their cultist or Resistance Co-Ordinator (Their cultist was hunted, and they never got in contact with a Co-Ord) or upon the destruction of the pack (as happened). They scanned as wolves though.

It didn't quite work out as I hoped, as I hoped they'd get scanned by the seer, lynched, then the seer would think he was confused, or the other players would think he was a clever wolf, and there would be mass paranoia.

Oh well, best laid plans and all that :D

I actually disagree with the deep cover trait. Funnily enough someone just started a discussion about listing all the players traits when one dies, and I agree with that. When a player dies, all their roles and traits should be known. They are dead, and there is nothing left then.

You sure confused me. I couldn't tell if our cultists were idiots or playing with us. I think you should have listed that trait on the first page. Handing out traits that people don't know exist isn't how I would run a game.

Not necessarily. The Liar-trait which Ironhead came up with, wouldn't have worked if it was listed on the first page. But one has to do it good. Either show them all, or hide them all, but not show most and hide a few.

Actually, your obvious villager nature was exactly why I suspected you... It was probably the same reason I was suspected of being who I was, as I went a bit over the top in being just another player. I felt everything you did was off, even as wolves died during all the votes.
But I was a villager whenever you sent in the order!
Do you really think I would sell out two packmates?