• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great new look for your map, is that a part of Prussia or am I way of?

Eagerly awaiting the new update.
Brandenburg and Hinterpommern to be exact.

^Precisely^

I'm not too happy about the way the maps are turning out when following this new method (not too mention the file size it'll encompass *shudders*), so I'll most likely stick to re-evaluating the style currently employed.

:eek: ... Good God! Just found your AAR and it is beautifull! I love the images!

So France is now the dominating power in Europe, eh? So where will this new powerhouse go next? The Americas? Crushing the new Russo-Habsburg complex? Or maybe even India?

Wow. I can't believe I've been missing this. Fantastic.

I can't wait to see what you're up to in the New World.

On the map discussion, I'd stick with the old style (can't go wrong with something so amazing!). On the AAR as a whole, I can only say I've been completely stunned by your progression! I mean, yes, you're France, le blue blob, but still to have done what you've done thus far is amazing!

I'm still looking forward to the day when you can make Europe look like that old map you put up all those chapters ago! (Though, hopefully, you'll have made the German powers just weak enough so they won't end up thinking of doing anything stupid >> << Like taking over the others and uniting)

Anyway, good luck to ya!

... Good God! Just found your AAR and it is beautifull! I love the images!

So France is now the dominating power in Europe, eh? So where will this new powerhouse go next? The Americas? Crushing the new Russo-Habsburg complex? Or maybe even India?

Well the Russo-Habsburg union was dissolved with the death of Eleanor and the ascension of her son Leopold to the Austrian throne. But like my dear Ottoman colleague, I'll have disappoint you regarding India. No Huguenots on the Ganges for the next hundreds of years ;)

Ah, the Don misled me... and that is a rather obscure portrait of Charles V, no Titian

Hehe, I think I found it on the Swedish wiki (or some other obscure language).

Wow. I can't believe I've been missing this. Fantastic.

I can't wait to see what you're up to in the New World.

Ah praise from one of the best HoI2 alternate history writers, nothing quite like it :D

The New World is an interesting place that's for sure with an influx of English and Irish immigrants fleeing respectively the oppression of the Puritans and the Royalists. Colonial business has been somewhat ignored by myself, although not intentional, and some insight might be required in regards to the French presence in Canada.

On the map discussion, I'd stick with the old style (can't go wrong with something so amazing!). On the AAR as a whole, I can only say I've been completely stunned by your progression! I mean, yes, you're France, le blue blob, but still to have done what you've done thus far is amazing!

70 years of continued warfare tends to wear one down, especially if one is the grand white and yellow blob ;)

I'm still looking forward to the day when you can make Europe look like that old map you put up all those chapters ago! (Though, hopefully, you'll have made the German powers just weak enough so they won't end up thinking of doing anything stupid >> << Like taking over the others and uniting)

Anyway, good luck to ya!

Haha what map? I'm afraid you'll have to refresh my memory regarding that one XD

Milites, as MMP2 is out are you going to start your Japanese project?
not that i want you to abort this one

This was actually shown on another forum, but I guess there's no harm in showing it off here as well... mind you, I haven't even downloaded MMP2 yet and with the probability of me leaving civilization for some Javanese island, I'm not too sure it'll get started in the near future.

But here you go ;)

JAPAN.jpg

I'd be talking about this map right here. Shame on you Milites, have you really forgotten the Grand Design?!

P.S. Excellent map of Japan

Ahh, the Grand Design, the greatest utopia ever envisioned by Henri and Sully. Some complications might come of this since Baden is ruled by France as well as one third of Spain - amongst other things :D

Is the backdrop for your maps the same as used for the provinces in MTW?

Part of it is, yes, made out of texture taken from the MTW: VI map. Well spotted!

So, I can't help but notice the utopic grand design leaves France bordered by a series of weak states.

*grumble grumble grumble* :p

Haha, I thought you were English through and through with your Cromwellian emperors and what not :D

So, I can't help but notice the utopic grand design leaves France bordered by a series of weak states.

Naturally, how could France lead the world (Europe) if not her partners in this union (read: subjects) were relieved of the stress that comes with trying to enforce their national interests?

But really, I think that the Grand Design is one of the most interesting, and least documented may I add, parts of Henry's life.

BTW. how did that Canadian skin work out for you? Are you still interested in a pan-American one?

I believe that is the intention....as Carlos would say, "Francia es muy traviesa."

I am horrible at Spanish (and given my experiences with translating Winner's Czech staments I won't try google translate :rofl:), but are you implying something :O ?

Flanders might be annexed into France, Catalonia, Baden and Rheinland might suffer a bit from French lust for immigration. :p
Uh, just annex them all!

Haha Enewald, I don't think the HRE princes would be too happy in granting France their support in the election of the next emperor if Nicolas went on an annexation spree in the Low Countries :D

And now to something completely different.

First of all, there's the upcoming ACAs who suffered greatly from lack of participation last voting season. My own AAR is for some obscure reason not eligible for nomination in the history section, but despair not for there are other great history book AARs around like "Gesta Danorum", "Historiae Slovakia" and "the Sublime State". So go vote!

However, you can nominate this sorry piece of writing for the narrative section given the few updates and semi updates written in this form if you so wish.

Secondly, the reason for the absence of a great deal of updates has now been temporarily concluded.

I'm talking about my Kaiserreich skin pack which includes new fullscreens, sidebars and topbars for 24 countries - including France, The USA, Germany, Japan and Canada.

Linky and show off:

Germany:
fullscreen-7.jpg

Ottoman Empire:
Fullscreen-6.jpg

Commune of France:

fullscreen_a.jpg