'Wrong' name shown on map for custom kingdom/empire

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MisterM.D

Recruit
19 Badges
Sep 11, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi All,

Sorry I'm new to CK and this forum, but I looked around the internet (and this forum) and still can't find an answer. I created a custom kingdom and I was wondering why zooming out on the map shows my dynasty name instead of my custom kingdom name ( which would be Lebanon).
pic 1.png

pic 2.jpg

I was hoping to see "Lebanon" on the map but all I see is Awadid, which is the dynasty name; the game also recognizes the "Sultanate of Lebanon". I tried using the 'renaming' feature and played around with it and it still doesn't change anything. I know it works though because in a separate game as Castille, I used that same tab to change the kingdom's name to "Spain" and it worked perfectly. I managed to form an Empire, 're-named' it, but still see Awadid on the map.

I think it's a user error, but I'm not seeing it, and I'm hoping someone can open my eyes here. It's a minor thing, but still looking to fix it.

Thanks,

• 1Like
Reactions:
Clan government realms always show the house name as the realm tag, as long as the holder is the house head. You can, however, rename your house if you are the house head.

Reactions:
Clan government realms always show the house name as the realm tag, as long as the holder is the house head. You can, however, rename your house if you are the house head.

Interesting, I looked it up and I guess you're right. That being said; I switched character to Egyp, another Clan Kingdom, it seems to work fine
pic 4.jpg
pic 3.png

Is there potentially another reason?

Thanks

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, I messed around and it seems that was it. Until I convert to a feudal govt. i'm stuck with that tag as the head of my dynasty.

Thanks,

I'm having the opposite problem. It was showing my empire name on map until I switched from tribal to Feudal and now it's showing my family name. Really bugging me. I don't want to change my family name as that bugs me even more. Is there a way to override it by editing a file somewhere? It kind of makes me not want to play the game anymore. I know that sounds crazy but I'm really big on immersion when playing games like this and this particular issue shatters immersion for me. It's a constant reminder everytime I see the map that i'm just playing a game. I don't know, maybe I'm being silly but that's just how my brain is wired. =(

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm having the opposite problem lol my son inherited Egypt and converted from Fedual to Tribal and when he died he passed it onto my great grandson who became Emperor but he brought the Tribal with him and now i'm running a Tribal empire and I can't get back to Feudal lol

(apologies for bringing up this after a month, just discovered it)

Sultan Habil is not the house head of the Dumiyatid house.

Interesting, will be checked if this is a valid reason.

It was showing my empire name on map until I switched from tribal to Feudal and now it's showing my family name.

Previously thought this, adopting feudalism, was the reason behind the dynastic name change on the realm. Again, being dynasty head will be checked if it is the actual reason.

I was hoping to see "Lebanon" on the map but all I see is Awadid, which is the dynasty name; the game also recognizes the "Sultanate of Lebanon".

Apologies for the very late question: was the player's realm feudal, or transitioned to feudal at this point?

This is one of the only topics I found about this.. It really bugs me that my Indian kingdom is named after my house.. But I started as feudal and not as a clan. Why is it like this for the Indian and clan governments but in the western world it works fine? Don't wanna skip on the eastern country's because of this. Really bothers me...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Weird, at least they should provide an option to disable this "feature". I'm not a fan of this.. If I'm able to form the empire of india i want it to be named like that and not some confusion dynasty name .. :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Don't know if this is still relevant but there is a fix to it. In the culture files in the common folder, some cultures have a 2 lines of text written in them:

dynasty_title_names = yes
founder_named_dynasties = yes

1618393648100.png

If these are set to "yes" then the titles will be named after the dynasty that controlles the title.
Just change these to "no" and that should solve the problem.

Hope it helps

• 2Like
Reactions:
Weird, at least they should provide an option to disable this "feature". I'm not a fan of this.. If I'm able to form the empire of india i want it to be named like that and not some confusion dynasty name .. :(

I agree and I'm somewhat weirded out by it not being the case already, since this complaint was fairly popular in CK2 already. I think it should be possible to override manually.

Also, I think the player should be able to set the nomenclature of titles in their realm in general, in addition to customizing title names: eg. decide the holder of a particular kingdom is titled as "Grand Prince", "Grand Duke", "Archduke" or something instead of a "King" (or equivalent) and similarly change the titles' long-form names. Finally I think the game should allow overriding the normal title name display convention as is already done for a few titles: for instance, if I'd like "Polish Empire" on the map instead of "Poland", I wouldn't have to name my empire the "Empire of Polish Empire".

• 3Like
Reactions: