• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm looking into fixing this mod and updating it for modern times...a lot's changed since I last made it, and actually, there's less serious need for it than there used to be. You can for example, edit the religion files to disallow matrilineal marriages and make the AI put more emphasis on prestige in the defines...and that eliminates a lot of the silliness there used to be.

But for whatever reason, I have recently started playing around with my old mods lately and I'll likely take a shot at this too.

I will say that turning it into a plot is a bit needlessly complicated. It worked best as a hideously complicated 'behind the scenes' thing (there was something like 100-200 variables in its potential/allows/triggers) which may or may not fire, and drop in your lap, much like Personal Unions worked in EUIV, and enjoy the event chain and roll the dice when it occurs. Actively forcing it isn't as fun.

Also, when I first made this mod, it seemed like female rulers were everywhere. For whatever reason, (as I've been tooling around) I haven't noticed it much. I also switched my focus from the 1066 start, where I was paralyzed by the extent of my knowledge and was endlessly obsessed with tiny little details of the families, laws and province buildings (which the new SMWH database made obsolete anyways), to the 867 start. The breakdown of the Carolinigian Empire is a more fluid and mysterious time, and I can focus more on mechanics without fretting over ensuring the correct Byzantine succession or that the Norman Conquests of Sicily and England proceed exactly as they should.

The mod which has taken the most of my time, is one which literally gives unique properties to every province in the game, with a myriad set of variables based on culture, religion, terrain and ruler, and with a bunch've special troops (like vikings or crossbowmen). Coupled with a dynamic revolt system that more resembles something you'd see in an EU game. That's taking most of my attention, but I do want to fix this mod, because I noticed it being broken in CK2Plus, and it made me a little sad.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm looking into fixing this mod and updating it for modern times...a lot's changed since I last made it, and actually, there's less serious need for it than there used to be. You can for example, edit the religion files to disallow matrilineal marriages and make the AI put more emphasis on prestige in the defines...and that eliminates a lot of the silliness there used to be.

But for whatever reason, I have recently started playing around with my old mods lately and I'll likely take a shot at this too.

I will say that turning it into a plot is a bit needlessly complicated. It worked best as a hideously complicated 'behind the scenes' thing (there was something like 100-200 variables in its potential/allows/triggers) which may or may not fire, and drop in your lap, much like Personal Unions worked in EUIV, and enjoy the event chain and roll the dice when it occurs. Actively forcing it isn't as fun.

Also, when I first made this mod, it seemed like female rulers were everywhere. For whatever reason, (as I've been tooling around) I haven't noticed it much. I also switched my focus from the 1066 start, where I was paralyzed by the extent of my knowledge and was endlessly obsessed with tiny little details of the families, laws and province buildings (which the new SMWH database made obsolete anyways), to the 867 start. The breakdown of the Carolinigian Empire is a more fluid and mysterious time, and I can focus more on mechanics without fretting over ensuring the correct Byzantine succession or that the Norman Conquests of Sicily and England proceed exactly as they should.

The mod which has taken the most of my time, is one which literally gives unique properties to every province in the game, with a myriad set of variables based on culture, religion, terrain and ruler, and with a bunch've special troops (like vikings or crossbowmen). Coupled with a dynamic revolt system that more resembles something you'd see in an EU game. That's taking most of my attention, but I do want to fix this mod, because I noticed it being broken in CK2Plus, and it made me a little sad.

Damocles, if you're currently too busy to commit to this, might I have permission to attempt to release an unofficial update? (Purely focusing on the usurpation mechanics).