• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Phibs

Murifex maximus
103 Badges
Oct 22, 2012
  • 500k Club
Last edited:
*shrug* it says 'interactive fiction' but other than that, I got no clue either.

edit:
their description gives some small insight:

"Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York aims to translate the complex and fascinating world of vampires, their nightly struggles for power and attempts to hold on to their humanity, to a format previously unexplored by the brand - an atmospheric narrative experience. Think interactive story meets choices-that-matter; dark, atmospheric, emotional narration meets Telltale-like way of creating morally challenging dilemmas, answers to which are entirely up to the players, allowing them to reach one of a variety of possible endings."

Something something telltale

Honestly I think the description and images suggest more of a dynamic style Visual Novel with mostly textbased gameplay with you making a choice every now and then and the game making cascading consequences throughout the game...
Think "choose your own adventure" for those old enough to remember those :)

So, games we know of so far:

-VtMB2, obviously
-Coteries of New York, as per OT
-Werewolf: the Apocalypse
AND
-another, as of yet untitled game

Good to see the license is being put to use. :)

Incidentally, the *cough* troubled, World of Darkness: Preludes is unlisted on steam now, which seems a fitting end.

Another game in the same scope as BL2 would have been too good to be true, huh? Well, I don't mind interactive fiction, in fact, I've read quite a few in the past years and I've enjoyed some of them. If it's anything like "Choice of Games" then I'm up for it, I just pray it's not a visual novel with stat grinding... hate those with a passion.

Also, there are --3-- games from the WoD IP being made; BL2 and this one for VtM and another one based on the Werewolf franchise, I think it's being made by the same developers who did "The Council"... Big Bad Wolf I think? Heh, Big Bad Wolf making a Werewolf game. :p

Another game in the same scope as BL2 would have been too good to be true, huh? Well, I don't mind interactive fiction, in fact, I've read quite a few in the past years and I've enjoyed some of them. If it's anything like "Choice of Games" then I'm up for it, I just pray it's not a visual novel with stat grinding... hate those with a passion.

Also, there are --3-- games from the WoD IP being made; BL2 and this one for VtM and another one based on the Werewolf franchise, I think it's being made by the same developers who did "The Council"... Big Bad Wolf I think? Heh, Big Bad Wolf making a Werewolf game. :p

WtA: Earthblood is being made by Cyanide games.

I'm confused, two games similar to Telltale Games? (VTM Coteries of New York and VTM Big Bad Wolf)
I would like to play an RPG like Redemption :(
TellTale games and Visual Novels are pretty different.

Let's hope PDX dosn't exhaust the IP...
Bloodlines 2 is the only one published by Paradox.