• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
balinus said:
Tonioz I do agree, but in your mouth it sounds simple. Maybe too simple. And the prime hypothesis is that the defender put his big army on a single province (over the support limit).

Proper ideas should be simple. Hard to implement them in dynamic and make proper decisions :D But EU2 gives wide area to do it, so i love it. Different tricks, situations, random factor. But if you know what you do, and opponent force is not too much dominate over, you`ll get success to finish campaign in desired result. Many people made fault to told me i`m just stubborn in deadly situations.

I`ve told many times that i`ve won many wars because of attrition, while 95% of players ignores this factor by whole or partly. Including KJ. Maybe 100%, though i`ve teached many my war partners to do coordination this or this way. But before i just prefer to shadow the accent on attrition factor. Now i don`t play as perm, but able to sub for interesting war, so i can tell honestly that attrition factor meant very very much. Ey Ego ;) There is no duties for me for perm country, but i`m interested to fight more skillfull players in short one-session campaigns. And since War Tournament idea was dead, i can share some of secrets.

So, balinus, idea is simple - use attrition for your benefit. Rest is complicated - to use brain to count this factor wtih required importance in dynamic of war situations.

Once you know that EU3NA campaign gonna be organized by similar EU2 attrition rules, please inform me in icq. Though i played two-three sessions for last months and i don`t have irresisted impulse to play again, in this circumstances i might try to find EU3NA version for metaserver access.

(Though yesterday i saw EU3NA screenshot on forum. It is ugly :p :rolleyes: )

Al_Qassam said:
Which reduces in attrition from terrain effect enormously. Does it really make sense that the owner of the desert/mountain province will take the same attrition as the invader?

i`m not sure i`ve understand the idea.
But basic extra attrition effect of mountains and marches is more important at LT51+ techs.

Tonioz said:
[Interestng post]

Once you know that EU3NA campaign gonna be organized by similar EU2 attrition rules, please inform me in icq

I never played Eu3 in MP :) i was more speaking about eu2 alone (and tactics) and not eu2 vs eu3.

We never played against Tonioz and I'm sure it's a good thing for me hihihi