• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2. If starting armies are the problem here, there's a simple solution devs should consider - more map customization options. Customize starting armies, resources, tech level, AI army strenght. Maybe custom battle mode? Scenarios? Civ games have those scenarios with modded units like "Steampunk". I would love to start the game with full tech tree researched. Why shouldn't this options be available, the game is highly customizible? If there are no technical limitations it's worth taking into consideration.
I would welcome this aswell. Not only as keeping games different and varied, but also to account for the many different preferences of the players. One thing I learnt from these forums: people like different things. If many of these things can be controlled by customization options (I think they can in theory), you can satisfy many people and thereby enlarging the fan base.

I stopped playing because TOO MANY CLICKS in mid-late game. Too many uncustomizable notifications
Even most basic city auto-governor would help A LOT
Why do you need to customise notifications? You can ignore most of them.

There is a basic city governor already. It just manages Pops for you, since there is nothing else to manage.
If buildings structures are bothering you, then I can only assume that you haven't noticed the Build Queue.