Why dose every single game i try eventually ends up people frozen in one spot walking/running. Getting frustrated.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You playing on Xbox or PC? If playing on PC then you can attach a save file to your thread for them to have a look at.

I think its a bug they are aware of and the current "fix" is save the game and reload it. I'm sure the bug will be fixed soon though

Yeah. What they said. Believe me. We know.

Just save the moment you notice the bug, and reload.

And no, I dont know why the vid embed doesnt work. Screenshots do though.

Heya @QUETCH !

We are indeed aware of this issue and we are working on a fix for it - once we have a definitive fix, we will push it out as soon as possible! This issue simply has been a pain to investigate, even after spending hours and hours on it!

Fortunately the save & load does seem to fix it - we do know this is only a band-aid, but at least it helps a bit!

Thanks for your post and of course, thanks for playing!

You playing on Xbox or PC? If playing on PC then you can attach a save file to your thread for them to have a look at.

I think its a bug they are aware of and the current "fix" is save the game and reload it. I'm sure the bug will be fixed soon though
Im playing on pc. Im hopefully it be fix soon

Heya @QUETCH !

We are indeed aware of this issue and we are working on a fix for it - once we have a definitive fix, we will push it out as soon as possible! This issue simply has been a pain to investigate, even after spending hours and hours on it!

Fortunately the save & load does seem to fix it - we do know this is only a band-aid, but at least it helps a bit!

Thanks for your post and of course, thanks for playing!
What key reloads the game i suddenly froget.

What do you mean? there never has been any shortcut key that allows us to reload a Save game.
Was there? do you mean to tell me I have been testing my mods by quiting to Desktop and relaunching the game manually all this time ?
Im sure there's a key u press and the game closes then u reopen manually. If they say reloaded fixes the people from freezing in one spot. It isn't working by going back to menu and quit

ALT-F4

Force-quits whichever program you are using.

Also used by trolls as a means to mess with new players, most frequently in multiplayer games.

...could be used for mod testing when things inevitably go wrong.

@QUETCH
Are the games you play where you get frozen stuck people every single time, vanilla games or modded games?

I have not had the stuck running bug for months now, not in vanilla games. Are you able to remember if these occur in predictable circumstances like an event or after switching to world map back and forth too quickly, etc etc. ie you're able to detect a pattern when the occur or are they random? I'll have to go back and search your post history to see if you have shared any game logs...

If modded games, as far as I know outdated mods won't work on games updated to current game versions.
For example
- mods made for 1.1 won't work in a game patched to 1.13.
- mods made for 1.12 may work in game patched to 1.13 if the patch did not touch on any code modified by the mod, and only the modder would be able to tell us what exact code tweaks were done.
And only mine has been updated for 1.13 today after I attach them as .7z file to ask for beta testers in my mod thread. Unless there are other websites where more active modders are sharing their mods at that I have not yet encountered.

In general, for this particular game, every patch has rendered the mods obsolete in some manner as the game is still in early access and they tend to make code changes extensively; which is what we want.

@QUETCH
Are the games you play where you get frozen stuck people every single time, vanilla games or modded games?

I have not had the stuck running bug for months now, not in vanilla games. Are you able to remember if these occur in predictable circumstances like an event or after switching to world map back and forth too quickly, etc etc. ie you're able to detect a pattern when the occur or are they random? I'll have to go back and search your post history to see if you have shared any game logs...

If modded games, as far as I know outdated mods won't work on games updated to current game versions.
For example
- mods made for 1.1 won't work in a game patched to 1.13.
- mods made for 1.12 may work in game patched to 1.13 if the patch did not touch on any code modified by the mod, and only the modder would be able to tell us what exact code tweaks were done.
And only mine has been updated for 1.13 today after I attach them as .7z file to ask for beta testers in my mod thread. Unless there are other websites where more active modders are sharing their mods at that I have not yet encountered.

In general, for this particular game, every patch has rendered the mods obsolete in some manner as the game is still in early access and they tend to make code changes extensively; which is what we want.
Oh ok I understand. Only mod i have is the one that gives u endless resources. My games just randomly freeze during some events and just out of random.