• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
but isn't the territory you are talking about under their tag in the map?
RMVrz1h.png

Or is it Ilergetia?
Ilergetia is iberian, yes.

Vasconia is currently Euskadi. What i'm talking about in this post is the iberian cultures, Vasconia is a celtiberian culture.

Thanks for all comments.
This thread is about that you want them to create a new tag for Lacetani right?
But WHERE should this tag actually be in your opinion?

The cities that you posted in OP are very close to Barcelona. But the map above shows them more inland:
99mLTW5.png

that's what got me confused

Vasconia is currently Euskadi. What i'm talking about in this post is the iberian cultures, Vasconia is a celtiberian culture.

Thanks for all comments.

No, Vasconia on the map is Navarre. And AFAIK, the history of the basque speaking tribes is hard to trace. For example, all the Pyrenees, including the West Catalan ones, are filled with Basque toponimia ("place names"), like Áreu, Árreu and such.

The cities that you posted in OP are very close to Barcelona. But the map above shows them more inland:
99mLTW5.png

What you highlighted are the Iacetani, with an "i". Lacetani, with an "L", can be seen on nowadays Barcelona on this map as well, with smaller font.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized it's me who read OP wrong xD

Edit 2: I did read it well, after all. Damn this is going to be a tricky conversation.

Last edited:
Ah so that is helpful and it is not a lowercase l in that map :)

So there are is Iacetani and Lacetani?
The first ones are the ones I highlighted in the Pyrenees and the other ones around those cities OP mentioned?

Hi, i have seen the new map of Iberia but i could not locate the lacetani. This people were in the central zone of Catalonia, limiting with Ausetanis and Indigetes (the latin name of Indiketia), having cities like Bakasis (currently Manresa), Iespus (Igualada) or Anabis (Tàrrega). Also there is a mistake with Emporion because its north territory should be an other greek colony: Rhode (currently Empordà).

2018_05_28_2.png

Source:
https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode
http://patrimoni.gencat.cat/ca/article/la-ruta-dels-ibers-historia-i-natura-al-pais-dels-lacetans
https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacetans
http://historiesmanresanes.blogspot.com.es/2009/01/els-topnims-manresa-i-bages.html
http://blogs.sapiens.cat/socialsenxarxa/2010/07/07/els-ibers/

I think there is enough detail as it is. Why the Lacetans should be included and not the Cosetans? And there is a limit to the granularity, given by engine and gameplay limitations.

Also, Emporion, as Greek colony, was very small afaik, you can clearly see that they merged Emporion and Rhode (Roses), and I think that's a good call.

Ah so that is helpful and it is not a lowercase l in that map :)

So there are is Iacetani and Lacetani?
The first ones are the ones I highlighted in the Pyrenees and the other ones around those cities OP mentioned?

For easy reference on current nowadays map, Iacetania (i) were around Jaca, while Lacetania (L) were around Barcelona (cities mentioned by OP are more precise locations).

Thanks for all comments.
The vasconians are pretty expanded in the game IMO, they should be a little more to the left. And no, Vasconia isn't celtiberian, is preindoeuropan.

The vasconians are pretty expanded in the game IMO, they should be a little more to the left. And no, Vasconia isn't celtiberian, is preindoeuropan.

Nobody truly knows what the hell are Vasconians, neither ibero-basques or proto-basques.

Nobody truly knows what the hell are Vasconians, neither ibero-basques or proto-basques.
I cannot confirm it but I believe in the theory of the Vasconic Iberia, with the Iberian tribes controlling the entirety of the paeninsula before the Indoeuropean's arrival.
What it is confirmed is that they were pre-Indoeuropan, as their language didn't follow the Indoeuropan pattern.

Fair enough, but afaik, we don't really know how indoeuropean or pre indoeuropean the celtibers (w/e the celtibers are, that's another massive discussion) were, and on that basis claiming that Vasconians are something different that celtiberians is a little pointless. Specially considering how much of an aggregative word "celtiberians" already is.

But we are going off topic :)

Celtibers were indo-european, then you could think if vasconia are celtibers or something because there is the problem of the language. For me Navarra is Euskal Herria but it wasn't my objective to debat this and you know navarra and Euskadi more than me.

lacetanii of Catalonia were an important comercial enclave, they are mentioned in various treaties of roman cartography like Ptolomei or Cato.

The Lacetani, whos name it seems you are confusing with the Iacetani, may already be on the map. The small tag between Cessetania and Indiketia is either the Lacetani or the Laietani.

Last edited:

99mLTW5.png

Actually i'm in the Archaeological Museum of Catalonia. Here some interesting photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_170635.jpg
    IMG_20180529_170635.jpg
    2,1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20180529_170842.jpg
    IMG_20180529_170842.jpg
    2,7 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20180529_171215.jpg
    IMG_20180529_171215.jpg
    2,1 MB · Views: 36
Actually i'm in the Archaeological Museum of Catalonia. Here some interesting photos.
You are still confusing the Names. In the thread title you are asking for the Iacetani, while you should be asking for the Lacetani. They are different tribes (or whatever you want to call them) Again, the Lacetani or the Laietani seems to be on the map between Cessetania and Indikeita. I'm sure paradox has good reason to not put every tribe that ever existed in the game. If you want something put in which isn't there, you'll probably need to come with reliable sources (wikipedia and blogs aren't reliable, especially if they are only available in a handful of languages). The museum map doesn't seem to have any date? You'll be looking for sources showing the situation around 300 BC.

You are still confusing the Names. In the thread title you are asking for the Iacetani, while you should be asking for the Lacetani. They are different tribes (or whatever you want to call them) Again, the Lacetani or the Laietani seems to be on the map between Cessetania and Indikeita. I'm sure paradox has good reason to not put every tribe that ever existed in the game. If you want something put in which isn't there, you'll probably need to come with reliable sources (wikipedia and blogs aren't reliable, especially if they are only available in a handful of languages). The museum map doesn't seem to have any date? You'll be looking for sources showing the situation around 300 BC.
No, the title is not wrong. You're confused with laccetani maybe? Laietani seems to be the same (according to roman authors) or an other tribe (according to greek authors).

No, the title is not wrong. You're confused with laccetani maybe? Laietani seems to be the same (according to roman authors) or an other tribe (according to greek authors).
You may be using a small 'L' instead of a capital one which is what people will be expecting. The expected way to read both the thread title and your first post is to read it with a capital 'i' Iacetani (Jacetani), not Lacetani, which is why CyberianK have marked them on the map.

If Roman authors think the Laietani and the Lacetani are the same that probably explains why only one of them is on the map.

You may be using a small 'L' instead of a capital one which is what people will be expecting. The expected way to read both the thread title and your first post is to read it with a capital 'i' Iacetani, not Lacetani, which is why CyberianK have marked them on the map.
I see the mistake of the title, in my language it writes 'iaccetani', because with greek would be 'iakketanoi'. Didn't take account off in english. My fault.

I see the mistake of the title, in my language it writes 'iaccetani', because with greek would be 'iakketanoi'. Didn't take account off in english. My fault.
It's an easy mistake to make, especially with so many similiar names written differently in various languages. Now that the misunderstanding is clearified we can get back to the the question of adding the one of the Lacetani and the Laietani which isn't in the map. I don't see why they should be left out if they actually were around in 300 B.C. or thereabout. That said, I don't think it's a major issue, considering that the Lacetani may not have been very influential being so small and not accessing the coast.

I've found good (non-wikipedia/-private websites) sources which to a large degree justifies the borders in southern Iberia, but I'm stuggling to find good sources for the northern and central parts in English. They are probably out there, so I'll search some more eventually.

It's an easy mistake to make, especially with so many similiar names written differently in various languages. Now that the misunderstanding is clearified we can get back to the the question of adding the one of the Lacetani and the Laietani which isn't in the map. I don't see why they should be left out if they actually were around in 300 B.C. or thereabout. That said, I don't think it's a major issue, considering that the Lacetani may not have been very influential being so small and not accessing the coast.

I've found good (non-wikipedia/-private websites) sources which to a large degree justifies the borders in southern Iberia, but I'm stuggling to find good sources for the northern and central parts in English. They are probably out there, so I'll search some more eventually.
We concluded that Lacetani and Laietani are the same tribe for the accuracy of its objects, methods, etc. What my coworkers had digged shows that Bakasis (we are teorizing now that was the core of this culture) has a lot of importance in the area, especially because we have seen that minor settlements follow the river Llobregat (Rubricatus in latin) that ends at the coast with the archaeological site of Barcelona, that it seems to be Barkeno. In Bakasis (Mentissam for others) we have collected a lot of phoenician and greek pottery, Lacetani possibly had had navies to allow trade with distant ports. We're seeing that Lacetani had more importance than we have expected, but it's a new world to exploit.

The best manual for this topic that i have is El poblament pre-romà al Bages, but its not translated.

52ce423ff68aa44d12bc70a7.__grande__.jpg

I scanned a map of a roman author, Ptolomei, that shows the borders but considers that Lacetani and Laietani are different tribes, which is not feasible by now.

Attachments

• mapa.jpg
    mapa.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 21