• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Indíbil

Sergeant
46 Badges
May 25, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hi, i have seen the new map of Iberia but i could not locate the lacetani. This people were in the central zone of Catalonia, limiting with Ausetanis and Indigetes (the latin name of Indiketia), having cities like Bakasis (currently Manresa), Iespus (Igualada) or Anabis (Tàrrega). Also there is a mistake with Emporion because its north territory should be an other greek colony: Rhode (currently Empordà).

2018_05_28_2.png

Source:
https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode
http://patrimoni.gencat.cat/ca/article/la-ruta-dels-ibers-historia-i-natura-al-pais-dels-lacetans
https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacetans
http://historiesmanresanes.blogspot.com.es/2009/01/els-topnims-manresa-i-bages.html
http://blogs.sapiens.cat/socialsenxarxa/2010/07/07/els-ibers/

We could say the same for the Berones, which is currently my land.

PD: I like you name but Mandonio is better XD.

It would be great if Paradox put the contingent of iberian cultures because they had a lot of importance in the Punic Wars, i know that there are a lot but...

iberia.jpg

Here a map that shows efficiently the puzzle of iberian cultures. At N-E you can see the Lacetani, there are smaller than other but they were enough important to be in the game.

No, they are inside Ausetania and Indiketia. Both of them forms a rare frontier at centre, where it should be Lacetania (Laketania, Lacetani).
Are you certain they're a separate tribe in the start year?
(303 CE / 450AUC)

I can't get anything useful out of English Wikipedia, and my ability to read any Spanish of any sort is sadly compromised by 23 years of being out of practice, so I can't follow the Catalan language links you have.

It looks like some of the well known and broader pre-roman peoples were split in smaller (and perhaps more precise) tribes.

For example, the Carpetani (central meseta):
4b7304af87de350e94900a8923ec06f9.jpg

From Wikipedia: "Recent analysis of local epigraphic sources revealed that the Carpetani comprised some twenty-seven tribes, namely the Aelariques, Aeturiques, Arquioci, Acualiques, Bocouriques, Canbarici, Contucianci, Dagencii, Doviliques, Duitiques, Duniques, Elguismiques, Langioci, Longeidoci, Maganiques, Malugeniques, Manuciques, Maureici, Mesici, Metturici, Moenicci, Obisodiques, Pilonicori, Solici, Tirtaliques, Uloques, and Venatioques."

Now, looking at Imperator's map, you see some of this tribes are in the game.

Are you certain they're a separate tribe in the start year?
(303 CE / 450AUC)

I can't get anything useful out of English Wikipedia, and my ability to read any Spanish of any sort is sadly compromised by 23 years of being out of practice, so I can't follow the Catalan language links you have.
Yes, they existed between 8th - Ist centuries, but they were romanised by the 3th century BC, in the context after the Second Punic Wars.

I'll search english sources for you guys.

It looks like some of the well known and broader pre-roman peoples were split in smaller (and perhaps more precise) tribes.

For example, the Carpetani (central meseta):
4b7304af87de350e94900a8923ec06f9.jpg

From Wikipedia: "Recent analysis of local epigraphic sources revealed that the Carpetani comprised some twenty-seven tribes, namely the Aelariques, Aeturiques, Arquioci, Acualiques, Bocouriques, Canbarici, Contucianci, Dagencii, Doviliques, Duitiques, Duniques, Elguismiques, Langioci, Longeidoci, Maganiques, Malugeniques, Manuciques, Maureici, Mesici, Metturici, Moenicci, Obisodiques, Pilonicori, Solici, Tirtaliques, Uloques, and Venatioques."

Now, looking at Imperator's map, you see some of this tribes are in the game.
I know it but but it would be great to have the important ones and not to have mega tribes like Ausetania, that appears with more of the half of territory that is said that they had.

Here comes PDS with an Iberia featuring literally 3 times more factions as I would have ever hoped for and appearently people can com up with multiple tribes that they feel are missing AND sources to back them up or exlain about the tribe.

Not sure if I should be annoyed about what you could regard as nitpicking or amazed by how much historical knowledge and enthusiasm this community has.

I'll guess I'll go with amazed, great to see people enthusiast with the game.

I'm not critisizing about the game, i'm only doing a constructive complain because we will have wrong factions.

but isn't the territory you are talking about under their tag in the map?
RMVrz1h.png

Or is it Ilergetia?
Vasconia is currently Euskadi. What i'm talking about in this post is the iberian cultures, Vasconia is a celtiberian culture.

Thanks for all comments.