• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong thread.... and also wrong subforum actually.

Please do not respond here.

Might help if someone changed the thread title to make it explicit that this thread is only for people who purchased from Gamersgate. People aren't going to read the whole thread to figure out what it pertains to, especially since the first post doesn't allude to GG at all.

Reactions:
OK, fair enough... Is it progressing, or at a standstill?

It's actually progressing. But when I thought it was ready to go, it had to pass through more instances :/

Also, I've had to be home with my kid who hasn't been well. So I haven't been around to crack the whip to move things along.

Also, I've had to be home with my kid who hasn't been well. So I haven't been around to crack the whip to move things along.

No worries: totally understand that situation, I'm part of it myself, times 3.

Not sure if the above is about the help I was looking for last week. Since I was asked not to reply to this thread, I did not reply. However, the problem was solved.

Not sure if the above is about the help I was looking for last week. Since I was asked not to reply to this thread, I did not reply. However, the problem was solved.

And yet you did reply.

Reactions:
1. Come on, no need to be snarky.
2. Now that the thread title has changed we shouldn't get any more of these posts from people who are having issues with Steam.

1. It was just a simple observation.
2. Let's hope.

It's actually progressing. But when I thought it was ready to go, it had to pass through more instances :/

Another two weeks with no update. Disappointing.

I'm losing my hope on this one ever being sorted out. I really want to play CK2 and its DLC's and adding to the ones I already purchased on Gamersgate, but as a principle I cannot support a product where I don't get access to stuff that I've paid for. I don't care whether it's the fault of Paradox or of Gamersgate; all I know is that it's not fair to allow the customers to suffer for this long period. If there's a genuine will and ambition to solve this, then there's nothing stopping it from being solved.

Reactions:
You would think that the issue would be as simple as awarding the accounts with the steam key. Everyone would basically be happy.... I mean I had my keys, had them activated on steam only to have them all discontinued...

I believe this is an issue on the gamersgate end. I was just over at thier site wanting to check my support ticket from over 2 months ago, and still no answer from their side. If someone is sick, i can understand it, but there comes a point when you assign someone else to take oer the work. This experience is just frustrating. Paradox has done everything on their side to resolve this, from what I am seeing, and as a customer/fan I really appreciate this. I am just never buying anything from gamersgate again.

Reactions:
You would think that the issue would be as simple as awarding the accounts with the steam key.
It is exactly that simple. We gave Steam keys to GG to distribute to all their CK2 customers, as many as they asked for, over and over. This system worked perfectly fine until the new owners of GG arrived, and for reasons that no-one understands decided to become utterly obstructive all of a sudden.

We can't give out a second set of Steam keys, if that's what you are suggesting - making $0 from each of those sales is one thing, but making an actual dollar loss ... well, I don't think anyone would expect us to swallow that. All I can wonder is, what are GG doing wth all those keys we give them, that they are not handing out to their customers? They somehow manage to claim simultaneously that they keep running out of keys to give out, and that they are not authorised to give keys out ... ?!?

It is exactly that simple. We gave Steam keys to GG to distribute to all their CK2 customers, as many as they asked for, over and over. This system worked perfectly fine until the new owners of GG arrived, and for reasons that no-one understands decided to become utterly obstructive all of a sudden.

We can't give out a second set of Steam keys, if that's what you are suggesting - making $0 from each of those sales is one thing, but making an actual dollar loss ... well, I don't think anyone would expect us to swallow that. All I can wonder is, what are GG doing wth all those keys we give them, that they are not handing out to their customers? They somehow manage to claim simultaneously that they keep running out of keys to give out, and that they are not authorised to give keys out ... ?!?

How does Paradox suffer a dollar loss from giving out a Steam key for free? Does Paradox pay Steam for each individual Steam key?

How does Paradox suffer a dollar loss from giving out a Steam key for free? Does Paradox pay Steam for each individual Steam key?

The problem is that PI have issued keys for us to use, but they are held by GG. If they give us a second set of keys to compensate us for the ones we've lost, then they have lost money to GG who are holding keys they have not paid PI for. Even if PI gave GG more keys, who knows whether or not they'd actually give them to us anyway, given how this has progressed to date.

I personally would love to shop at GG again, but while they withhold my products from me then I cannot trust them to faithfully sell me any additional products, so I have to look elsewhere.

Reactions:
so I have to look elsewhere.
I propose the PI shop. That was what I switched to when I gave up on GG. And I too have absolutely no faith in GG anymore despite how I used to buy all my PI games there.

Reactions:
The problem is that PI have issued keys for us to use, but they are held by GG. If they give us a second set of keys to compensate us for the ones we've lost, then they have lost money to GG who are holding keys they have not paid PI for. Even if PI gave GG more keys, who knows whether or not they'd actually give them to us anyway, given how this has progressed to date.

I personally would love to shop at GG again, but while they withhold my products from me then I cannot trust them to faithfully sell me any additional products, so I have to look elsewhere.

Paradox always holds the option to give us the keys directly against sufficient proof of purchase . Then Paradox will have given away keys for free (whether it's considered to us or to GG), but will it have incurred a dollar loss?!? (Paradox will never be paid for the keys already given to GG in any event; that's already a sunk cost, and by the way, these are our keys, not Paradox so Paradox has already been paid for them once, so should not be paid twice.) So I don't see a problem here: it all boils down to goodwill at the end of Paradox AND GG.

Note: I will NEVER buy any more products at GG, that's for sure. So there's no misunderstanding about that. But I will not buy any further CK2 DLC's at all until this issue is resolved, since I have spent a lot of money already on those that I cannot use.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.