• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it should be kinda hard for Hellenic to convert Nicene but not to hard. Im sure a lot of closet pagans remained in the roman empire for some time. Heck supposedly in some parts of finlan paganism was never wiped out and I know in Lithuania romuva held out for a loooooooooong time. I think the amount of Hellenic provinces is fine myself.

The romano-gallic splitted in two different cultures because of the german invasions. In the north, the germanic languages and culture especially the frankish one had a huge influences on the romance people's language and customs while in the south, they were more visigothic influences but overall they were far less inflenced by german than their northern cousins.

The consequences: different languages, different customs --> different people.

What, Franko-Roman? However, with Soissons still intact at start, I think Northern Gaul should remain Romano-Gallic at start. We could make Franko-Roman the direct melting pot of Old Frank and Romano-Gallic, while Frankish + Franko-Roman = French. And Occitain would be Romano-Gallic + Frankish?

What, Franko-Roman? However, with Soissons still intact at start, I think Northern Gaul should remain Romano-Gallic at start. We could make Franko-Roman the direct melting pot of Old Frank and Romano-Gallic, while Frankish + Franko-Roman = French. And Occitain would be Romano-Gallic + Frankish?

What do you mean by Franko-roman ?

Yes Northern Gaul should be Romano-gallic. I only said that frankish influences in the north made the romance people different to their southern cousin less influenced by german.

In game I think the easiest way to do that would be to have some romano-gallic provinces flip to the germanic franks culture to simulate the "germanisation" (not in language tough it will change too but in culture) of the people and then convert the german provinces in de jure Gaul/Francia to Frankish (please not french -_- ). Like Paradox is doing in Charlemagne.

I imagine the event would go something like: "The roman under our rule are abandoning the customs of Rome replacing them with ours. They are now true "insert liege culture" (here Franks).

Those provinces who stayed gallic or were visigothic will flip to occitan instead.

Edit: I guess that event could go like this: The people of "insert province name" have always resisted Frankish (or any other culture I guess) rule and kept fiercely their own customs. Altough we cannot consider them roman anymore. They know should be known as the "Aquitaines" (the medieval name of the occitan, occitan is fine too).

Edit2: So i also read that apparently the feoderati systems was still alive in the eastern roman empire even at the time of reconquest of Italy.

I think it could be like how the varangian guard is simulated in the vanilla and all german could have the event to join (except maybe nicene christian ?) as a feoderati also maybe have more bad event because of that army than the varangian (maybe a higher chance of an adventurer army of a "former" feoderati attaking a part of the roman empire maybe even the estearn roman empire ?).

This mercenary army could be assembled in any "roman" state and also disolved (with consequences ?). It should automatically dissolves at a certain point I guess.

Last edited:
Throw him to the lions!

I would suggest taking a look at the Ancient religions thread for more details or simply wait on Enlil's devdiary to know more.

Okay, sorry for not being able to post the Dev diary, as my laptop is broken. I managed to get the mod and CK2 off it and I doubt this will cause any problems. All I have to do is load it on another computer, so there will be no delays in the mod.

I saw the post above stating that so far it has been a closed beta. I was curious to hear what the criterias are to get into that. I am extremely interested. I would love to help with testing and have moderate coding skill. I have worked on other mods for civ 4 and total war games. I have been looking over the mod wiki and diving into the files on my computer.

Will there be a way to simulate Justinian's conquest (doesn't have to be Justinian), and the subsequent failure to keep the territory?

Well, wouldn't cultural rebellions and germanic invasions model the failure to keep the territory? For the conquest, dejure or events giving claims to Byzantium after the fall of Soissons or some other person could be sufficient.

Have you added any extra nicknames? I like 'Whiteblade', an epithet that Oswald Iding picked up whilst in exile on Iona.

Status
Not open for further replies.