• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribing, cannot wait for this to come to fruition.

How's your knowledge of Irish culture?

I can toss in a few thoughts if you feel a bit lost with the island.

I would love some input, especially regarding ideas for possible clan based events and the Gaelic resurgence (which I want to put a lot of flavor in).

I don't see any other issue with the map, right now. When you'll pass to the character creation phase I'd like to lend you a hand, if possible.
Looks great! I've been following the mod for awhile and the new provinces look good (but I'm not province historian). I'm willing to dedicate time to help with character creation to help speed the mod along.

I amazingly have all the major noble families done right now (that have provinces on the map)!
The characters that need to be made are the ones that are filling the provinces not held by the major nobles. Later tonight when I am home I will post a detailed list of which families I have done and for which titles. And I will also post some information on the total planned map if anyone wants to work on those characters.

I love the project, maybe I could contribute some graphics? I'm not sure what you need but Im sure I could help some way in that deparment.

I have a handful of things that could be done regarding graphics. Icons for new traits, loading screens, province modifiers, and even portrait related work (if you are into that sort of graphics - I need country specific crowns!!!!).

Im not sure what the current setup is but English Possessions in Ireland should be a viceroyalty(the Lord Lieutenancy) http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36193/36193-h/36193-h.htm#img-214 The current one would George Plantagenet, but in pratice it was was the Lord Deuty that was running day-to-day affairs due to the war of roses

This one is actually a bit complicated, mainly because there are Earls in Ireland under the King. I guess it could work with a viceroyalty, and that is something I can use for similar situations elsewhere when it comes up. I could just give Dublin and that area to the viceroyalty holder.

I have a handful of things that could be done regarding graphics. Icons for new traits, loading screens, province modifiers, and even portrait related work (if you are into that sort of graphics - I need country specific crowns!!!!).

Could you give me a trait you would like done? I could do that one so you can decide if you would like my work.

Could you give me a trait you would like done? I could do that one so you can decide if you would like my work.

You could try any one from the table (the ones below are all vanilla). Since they are all personality traits, you have some creative freedom here. You can pick a symbol maybe that represents it, up to you. Feel free to use Korbah's trait templates (which has all the base icons - like the green shape for genetic traits). If you would rather do a more grounded trait, I could use a new one for princes of the blood or one that represents population.

And if anyone has comments on the trait table (this is going to be how the personalities form in game) I would welcome some critique.

Last edited:
Yay! So you would like it if I do some more work? If so, what exactly did you mean by this "I could use a new one for princes of the blood or one that represents population." ?
They sound like they could be interesting.

Would definitely like some more!

I have a really boring and ugly trait icon for "of the blood" characters. I guess I should take some time to explain this new mechanic.

This is a way to augment the claim system in vanilla. Line of decent is traced by these traits so that when the main line dies out claim wars function a bit better. There is both agnatic decent and cognatic decent traits. Agnatic being stronger. Having these traits allow for more CBs and opportunities to gather support for internal realm politics as well. These traits only exist for Kingdoms (France, England, etc).

For population, there are 20 levels which right now are the simple scroll with a number:

Population is on a province level so they appear as a province modifier. Would be nice to have a not-so-ugly icon. The trick is that there are 20 levels of it.

Here is the first list of nobility titles, covering England

Code:
England

Earldoms

Cornwall - No holder
		Devon - No holder - may make Courtenay holder to represent war
		Somerset - Edmund Beaufort - could argue he wasn't recognized by the King, but keeping it so for sake of playing out the war
		Dorset - Edmund Beaufort - could argue he wasn't recognized by the King, but keeping it so for sake of playing out the war
		Winchester - No holder
		Salisbury - Richard Neville, the Kingmaker
		Bath - No holder
		Berkshire - No holder
		Wiltshire - No holder
		Gloucester - Richard Plantagenet (House of York) 
		Arundel - William FitzAlan
		Sussex - No holder
		Kent - Edmund Grey
		Surrey - John de Mowbray
		Worcester - John Tiptoft
		Warwick - Richard Neville, the Kingmaker
		Leicester - No holder
		Buckingham - Henry Stafford
		Oxford - John de Vere
		Bedford - No holder
		Huntingdon - No holder 
		Northampton - No holder
		Suffolk - John de la Pole
		Ely - Bishop of Ely - not a prince-bishop from what I have read, but they had control over Ely
		Norfolk - John de Mowbray
		Cambridge - No holder
		Rivers - Anthony Woodville
		Lincoln - John de la Pole (son of the Duke of Suffolk)
		Nottingham - John de Mowbray
		Derby - No holder
		Rutland - No holder
		Hereford - No holder
		Shrewsbury - John Talbot
		Stafford - Henry Stafford
		Chester - George Plantagenet (House of York) - As Heir to the throne
		Westmorland - Ralph Neville
		Lancaster - No holder
		Cumberland - No holder
		Carlisle - No holder
		Durham - Prince-Bishop of Durham
		Northumberland - John Neville
		Richmond - Henry Tudor
		Bridgewater - No holder
		York - No holder
		Essex - Henry Bourchier
		Hertford - No holder
		Lord of Mann - Thomas Stanley

Dukedoms

Lancaster - No holder
		York - No holder
		Gloucester - Richard Plantagenet (House of York) 
		Cornwall (Eldest son of reigning monarch)
		Norfolk - John de Mowbray
		Clarence - George Plantagenet (House of York) 
		Buckingham - Henry Stafford
		Somerset - Edmund Beaufort - could argue he wasn't recognized by the King, but keeping it so for sake of playing out the war
		Suffolk - John de la Pole

Title for Heir

Prince of Wales (Includes Chester)

You could try any one from the table (the ones below are all vanilla). Since they are all personality traits, you have some creative freedom here. You can pick a symbol maybe that represents it, up to you. Feel free to use Korbah's trait templates (which has all the base icons - like the green shape for genetic traits). If you would rather do a more grounded trait, I could use a new one for princes of the blood or one that represents population.

And if anyone has comments on the trait table (this is going to be how the personalities form in game) I would welcome some critique.

How does this work? are the two columns under each humor mutually exclusive? Also, in the bottom part I see lifestyle traits like impaler, gardener or hunter mixed with personality traits. Are those no longer going to be considered lifestyles?

How does this work? are the two columns under each humor mutually exclusive? Also, in the bottom part I see lifestyle traits like impaler, gardener or hunter mixed with personality traits. Are those no longer going to be considered lifestyles?

They way it is going to work is on birth you will recieve a trait on the first line, one of the four humors.

A few years later you learn which type of that humor you are (they combine to form a single trait to avoid clutter). This is influenced based on child hood events.

As you grow you will gain 2 of the next set of traits, again event based.

As you grow further you will gain 2 of the vanilla traits.

The vanilla traits in each column are only possible within that specific humor and sub-humor.

The lifestyles count as lifestyles still, but they are in the chart to show which personality types will have access to them.

Basically it's designed to follow a simplistic yet effective way to form realistic and distinctive personalities (which will heavily influence choices in events).

Second promised list of titles and holders, this time for France. I want to note that I am breaking up some of the extremley large territories. Namely Brittany, Aquitaine, Normandy, and Toulouse (adding counties within them such as Penthieve, Mortain, etc).

Code:
France

Lordships (big ones)

Albret - Charles d'Albret
		Beaujeu - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Parthenay - Francois d'Dunois (Son of Jean, the Bastard of Orleans)

Viscounties

Limoges - Alain d'Albret (via his wife)
		Turenne - Antoine de La Tour
		Soule - Gaston d'Grailly
		Bearn - Gaston d'Grailly
		Bigorre - Gaston d'Grailly
		Narbonne - Jean d'Grailly
		Chatellerault - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)

Counties

Brittany - Francois de Dreux
		Retz - Francois de Dreux
		Vertus - Francois de Dreux
		Tonnerre - Francois de Dreux
		Anjou - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Provence - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Touraine - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Bar - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Poitou - No holder
		Aunis - No holder
		Saintonge - No holder
		Angouleme - Charles d'Angouleme (Orleans Cadet)
		Perigord - Alain d'Albret (via his wife)
		La Marche - Jean d'Bourbon (Bastard of Vendome)
		Armagnac - Jean d'Armagnac
		Rodez - Jean d'Armagnac
		Foix - Gaston d'Grailly
		Comminges - Jean d'Lescun
		Aquitaine - Charles d'Valois
		Toulouse - No holder
		Auvergne - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Bourbon - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Forez - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Clermont - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Dauphine - No holder
		Charolais - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Burgundy (duchy) - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Burgundy (county) - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Flanders - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Artois - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Picardy - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Nevers - Jean d'Nevers (Burgundy Cadet)
		Rethel - Jean d'Nevers (Burgundy Cadet)
		Sancerre - Louis d'Bourbon
		Nemours - Jacques d'Armagnac
		Champagne - No holder
		Guise - Charles d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Maine - Charles d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Valois - Louis d'Orleans (Valois Cadet)
		Orleans - Louis d'Orleans (Valois Cadet)
		Blois - Louis d'Orleans (Valois Cadet)
		Aumale - Jean d'Vaudemont
		Eu - Charles d'Artois (Capet Cadet)
		Longueville - Francois d'Dunois (Son of Jean, the Bastard of Orleans)
		Dunois - Francois d'Dunois (Son of Jean, the Bastard of Orleans)
		Normandy - No holder
		Vendome - Jean d'Bourbon
		Perche - Jean d'Alencon (Valois Cadet)
		Alencon - Jean d'Alencon (Valois Cadet)
		Berry - No holder

Dukes

Brittany - Francois de Dreux
		Anjou - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Bar - Rene d'Anjou (Valois Cadet)
		Aquitaine - Charles d'Valois
		Auvergne - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Bourbon - Jean d'Bourbon, Duke of  Bourbon
		Dauphine - No holder
		Burgundy - Charles d'Burgundy, the Bold (Valois Cadet)
		Nemours - Jacques d'Armagnac
		Valois - Louis d'Orleans (Valois Cadet)
		Orleans - Louis d'Orleans (Valois Cadet)
		Alencon - Jean d'Alencon (Valois Cadet)

Title for Heir

Dauphine of France (Linked with the Dauphine)

Also for population, how does the baby from the bastard traits along with a number next to it sound? Also, here's some more traits I got done. I made three blood of traits for you to choose between.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vvbtm90bpbd53u5/;oia;hciqegch'.zip

EDIT: How would you like the humor traits to look? They sound pretty important so I would like to get them done for you first before personality traits.

Also for population, how does the baby from the bastard traits along with a number next to it sound? Also, here's some more traits I got done. I made three blood of traits for you to choose between.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vvbtm90bpbd53u5/;oia;hciqegch'.zip

EDIT: How would you like the humor traits to look? They sound pretty important so I would like to get them done for you first before personality traits.

The blood drop ones would work nice I think. The color can change based on the color of the country. Would be a good way to do it I think. Easily Identifiable.

Interesting idea for the population icon.

This project looks amazing! I've been hoping for something like this for a long time

If you need any help researching, particularly noble and royal families of England/Frace or members of the HRE (the Habsburgs etc.), I'm totally happy to help with that