• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For the record, the list of scans:

Rovsea:
(None, since he got hunted Night 0)

A Landy:
Alynkio
No scan

Ramius3443
aedan777
No scan
aedan777
No scan
SPAMbuca
No scan
(This pattern was not intentional, but the dice made it happen that way.

And, for the record, the fake scans by Jeray2000, who claimed Inquisitor
Audren
alynkio
No scan
No scan
No scan

Or what he was thinking in hunting Audren, especially since he knew who ramius was, and still forged those pms.

Poor form by Jeray for not surrendering but I digress. Very annoyed it took that long to make the necessary tie on the last day but thank god spam had his wits together. I'm still utterly baffled what Jeray was trying to on the failed snipe.

Sorry for waiting that long. I read Ramius' message mentioning office times. I figured there was a chance Ramius would not have seen my change of vote if I switched late. But it shouldn't be too late to make myself look like an asshole; people had the chance to change vote. I always was in favor of the tie, but I was afraid Ramius would have done something strange and changed his vote. I was ready to counter snipe in case someone tried something.

He did surrender. You won.
Oh I did? Apologies to Jeray, I just saw deadline and a vote count and assumed that I had died. Reading things on mobile is hard.

It's more than that.

I wonder what Jeray was thinking when he saved Aedan and lynched Wagon.

I also wonder what made him hunt Audren.

From town side, I'm mostly interested in why Landy didn't vote vote Spock to save himself. I also wonder why Spock didn't bother to save himself. He made no effort whatsoever.
It was about 19:28 on the clock. There was no clear consensus whether to snipe or not. I said to abort the snipe. Capage went ahead anyway. General confusion ensued.

Failed wolf snipe.

I would also be curious to hear how the balance of the game was. Since this is a new setup, I wasn't sure whether it would be balanced. Coming out of it, I think it mostly is, perhaps slightly leaning in favour of the village, but I think the extra intrigue was a good tradeoff for it.

That makes sense then. Why did you guys abort the snipe? There were 2 town votes on Aedan and no sign of town reacting in time. Town got saved by a wolf.

I would also be curious to hear how the balance of the game was. Since this is a new setup, I wasn't sure whether it would be balanced. Coming out of it, I think it mostly is, perhaps slightly leaning in favour of the village, but I think the extra intrigue was a good tradeoff for it.

I'm personally not a fan of 50% roles as that requires luck. Not being able to pick your targets removes a dimension out of the game too, but it wasn't gamebreaking.

I suppose it can work.

It was interesting, however since half the game got taken up with a failed snipe that outed almost all the wolves I don't feel like this game was a proper experiment to see how balanced it was.

That makes sense then. Why did you guys abort the snipe? There were 2 town votes on Aedan and no sign of town reacting in time. Town got saved by a wolf.
Partly my fault. It was so late in the day (literally minutes before deadline) and no one had agreed to snipe, so to try and avoid confusion I said 'ABORT'.
Capage either read it too late or went ahead anyway, so I felt obliged to do it too.
Jeray moving onto wagon was very weird though.

General wolf incompetence.

In fact, we're talking about what happened during the snipe and after the snipe, but let's not forget town basically got to parity before anything happened before that. Before that failed snipe, town seemed quite clueless and not much was going on. Would it be an idea to have requirements to be more active? I understand day 1 is mostly random, but surely people can be more active after?

The true JL (strangled in its infancy by the machinations of Jeray). The irony is thick.
Congratulations, you were scanned earlier and I now know not to burn you at the stake for vile heresy!
Who strikes you fancy for a day 1 lynching?
Yay!
Who do I fancy for a lynch? Considering this is day 1 ...Anyone but us ;)

Out of curiosity, O wise and omnipotent GM of the North, can an inquisitor receive the name of another inquisitor or just the vanillagers?

An inquisitor is only able to get the name of villagers.

Ah... this makes it hard for the wolves to fake being an inquisitor then (as fun as that would have been if I were a wolf) and means we'll have to wait until a villager's name is given to both remaining inquisitors before we can network.

So... have you learned of any other known villagers?

Saying things like "purely random vote switch" may sometimes draw unwanted attention. It sure doesn't look random to switch your vote to the guy currently leading in votes! Don't be surprised if people start interpreting your Arky vote as a wolfish attempt to put your alleged packmate Wagonlitz or Capage out of reach. REDACTED

Day 1 votes are made with almost no information -- it's pretty rare to bag a wolf day 1. Expressing sorrow at the death of villagers is sometimes called "Videonfanning" around here, and also tends to attract unnecessary attention. Just some friendly pointers :)
Oh okay, thanks

Then, of course... there was the false JL, instigated by the vile wolfie Jeray.

Hey Audren, I'm one of the Inquisitors, Canadian gave me your name.

Any interesting thoughts so far?
not too much. I intend to switch away from Capage at some point. not sure where yet.
Congrats Alynkio, you're a villager

Darn, and there I was hoping I was secretly a wolf. Looks like our wolfpack from the big has been reborn as a JL!

I did entertain the opinion that a wolf posing as an inquisitor could do a lot of damage, but Canadian tells me that the inquisitors can't receive each other's names, which would make this a risky strategy.

I thought A Landy's behavior was hella sketch too, but believe it or not, he's the other inquisitor. I gave him what I hope was friendly-sounding advice about not being so blatantly wolfish. He received no new villager today.

Thus, 4 of the following 10 peeps are wolvies.
  • Capage
  • Ramius
  • Wagon
  • Cody
  • Aedan
  • Claude
  • Jackson
  • Narref
  • Übeltank
  • Spock
Day 2 and we've already got almost a 50% chance of bagging a wolf :cool:!
So Landy just told you that he was the ink?.
Nope, day 1.

I'd be kinda surprised if his activities turned out to be wolfish shenanigans.
that'd be rowdy
It's great news that the Inquisitors have linked up early, if A Landy is telling the truth. Do you think I should invite him to this thread, or is that too big of a risk
?
I'd be pretty surprised if he turned out to be a wolf. Besides, I lost the last game because I was too cautious.
I'm going to do it then.
Thus, most of the PMs Jeray posted were legit. This also explains why Audren and I had to die.

I mostly blame JCan for the wolves' loss(sorry JCan). I was going to vite Wagonlitz if there was no snipe attempt so villagers don't winder why there was no snipe attempt and conclude it must be because Aedan voters are wolves. There wasn't much confusion and the wolf consensus was to snipe until JCan said abort, which made me think Audren or Claude must have counter-sniped.

I hunted Audren because I had a PM conversation with him and Alynkio that he could have quoted and I'd have to deny, which I thought was dicey. In hindsight I should have counter-claimed Ramius, but I didn't know how much the village trusted his Inquisitor claim at the time since it was brought up very casually.

All in all I had great fun and would like to see this set up again, intrigue is great. All werewolf set ups have some degree of luck, but having a pure skill game is not the goal, fun is, and intrigue is very fun.

In fact, we're talking about what happened during the snipe and after the snipe, but let's not forget town basically got to parity before anything happened before that. Before that failed snipe, town seemed quite clueless and not much was going on. Would it be an idea to have requirements to be more active? I understand day 1 is mostly random, but surely people can be more active after?

Werewolf here isn't super active. We'd have to create a smaller game involving only the most active players if we were to be more strict, which might be a good idea if anyone wants to try GMing it.

Werewolf here isn't super active. We'd have to create a smaller game involving only the most active players if we were to be more strict, which might be a good idea if anyone wants to try GMing it.

Correction: Werewolf here hasn't been super active in a year or two. We have had very active games in the past.

I mostly blame JCan for the wolves' loss(sorry JCan). I was going to vite Wagonlitz if there was no snipe attempt so villagers don't winder why there was no snipe attempt and conclude it must be because Aedan voters are wolves. There wasn't much confusion and the wolf consensus was to snipe until JCan said abort, which made me think Audren or Claude must have counter-sniped.

I hunted Audren because I had a PM conversation with him and Alynkio that he could have quoted and I'd have to deny, which I thought was dicey. In hindsight I should have counter-claimed Ramius, but I didn't know how much the village trusted his Inquisitor claim at the time since it was brought up very casually.

All in all I had great fun and would like to see this set up again, intrigue is great. All werewolf set ups have some degree of luck, but having a pure skill game is not the goal, fun is, and intrigue is very fun.

If you had counter claimed Ramius, we would have made a tie between you and Ramius. You still would have lost. The strategy was flawed I'm afraid.

19:28

Capage: I would risk it
jeray: Should I switch to Wagon?
JCan: ABORT THE SNIPE

19:29
Capage: Nope
jeray: I say snipe.
Capage: ggoogo
Capage: wait

How on earth was there 'not much confusion'??

Yet, this isn't the case, which means, it really is either Jeray or JM. Due to the situation, it still gives us a situation in which the wolves cannot win, in case we do decide to tie between you guys. It's now 100% ruled out that either Ramius or me are the wolves.
Indeed. Jeray moved himself straight into the lock by hunting Audren. I'm aware why he felt Audren was a good target (Audren had access to all those PMs and jeray's inq claim), but changing the hunt from SPAM to Audren meant that he went from a possibility of win to a certain loss. And there was a chance that people wuldn't have believed Audren claiming that jeray had claimed inq.

Whereas not hunting SPAM meant there'd be 2 goodies alive which is certain loss---i.e. the lock.

Did you put Landy down as a reversed alibi vote? Didn't know townies worked with alibi votes too. Usually it's just wolves that do it.
Firstly please call it the village and villagers instead of the town and townies. Especially townies just seems really strange.

Also villager alibi votes can happen, albeit they aren't too common. It's quite situational whether they'll occur or not. Their main purpose is to have the wolves not realise that you're an important goodie/scanned. Skobie for instance voted me day 1 in a game where I was day 1 hunted as seer (had to self out to avoid getting lynched), despite being my night 0 scan).

So, something odd happened, but I'm choosing to allow it.

Jeray2000 set a surrender condition conditional on there being a tie at deadline. It just so happens that there is, and I will choose to accept this surrender condition.

Thus:

Jeray2000 the Border Gore Enthusiast (Werewolf) has surrendered.

The winners are:

ramius3443 the
World Conquest Auteur (Inquisitor)
Jacksonian Missionary the Map Painter (Villager)
SPAMbuca the Map Painter (Villager)
Nitpick then that technically should have happened before the deadline.

I wonder what Jeray was thinking when he saved Aedan and lynched Wagon.
Help derping.
I also wonder what made him hunt Audren.
Not realising that today would be the lock if he didn't hunt you, I'd presume.
and still forged those pms.
Those PMs were not forged. They were real. They were just IJL and not JL PMs. That was why Landy was lynched. We knew he was inq due to him telling Alynkio who then told jeray.
I think it was good.

Some people did not have ice in their stomachs. There was a possibility of Claude possibly popping up and voting me into a TIE. Though I said I thought we should go with it. Jeray then had the idea that I would hang no matter what due to Claude, so he better get an alibi vote down. I was about to tell him not to when the fora bugged out for me and only wanted to post a reply after deadline when it was too late.

Absolutely terrible how my mates managed that snipe. I told them that they needed to come to an agreement before deadline and even then they didn't.

Also I think I actually made a genuine crovax. It's the post Tanzhang quoted.

I liked it. It worked out well in this game and I think that Jeray made the best out of his fake claim.
Yeah, that snipe sunk us down. I just wanted it to be a sweep too much.
I enjoyed this.