• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@marty99 Do you think you could have stopped this as a villager ?
Haven't read the thread fully. Village still wouldn't have won with seer dead, no, as best case scenario I still would've got hunted eventually and it's clear the village wasn't overly interested in trying to find wolves. But I like to think I would have prevented a Stalingrad.

Haven't read the thread fully. Village still wouldn't have won with seer dead, no, as best case scenario I still would've got hunted eventually and it's clear the village wasn't overly interested in trying to find wolves. But I like to think I would have prevented a Stalingrad.

I agree with your assesment.

So we got really rekt here.

Thanks for hosting Euro! I love the effort you put in, but it seems it didn't yield much in form of RP.

Take away for me from this game:
Vote MC earlier (your cover wasn't perfect, villager MC acts observably different as wolf MC in form of usefulness)

But I'd have been very useful to the village if anyone had listened to me. :(

Stop mistaking stupid behaviour as wolfish.

That's the real challenge, of course.

Interesting comment regarding the difference in MC's usefulness for the village when playing a goodie vs when playing a baddie.
However be aware that he can (and I expect he will) adjust his behaviour in future games.

I'm a terrible wolf in Lites. I don't find it interesting since there's no problem to be solved, and I think it shows in my play.

I'm a terrible wolf in Lites. I don't find it interesting since there's no problem to be solved, and I think it shows in my play.

I've been terrible at lites barring some long ago highlights.

I mostly join to fill rosters if I play them.

You are looking at the wolf role incorrectly, then.

There is a problem to be solved. The problem is winning the game. The difference is it's more of a team effort, where playing a villager is an individual experience.

I'd like to GM the next Lite.

You are looking at the wolf role incorrectly, then.

There is a problem to be solved. The problem is winning the game. The difference is it's more of a team effort, where playing a villager is an individual experience.
I disagree with both you and Madchemist. Playing as a wolf is an individual experience where one tries to win while selling out the fewest packmates while remaining alive and unscanned.

I disagree with both you and Madchemist. Playing as a wolf is an individual experience where one tries to win while selling out the fewest packmates while remaining alive and unscanned.
This. I find trying to build cases in a lite as a wolf to be one of the hardest and most enjoyable things in the game. To do it right you have to be able to mix truth and lies perfectly.

I think the mere fact that you know three other players' roles necessitates the teamwork aspect of the role. You might try to forget who your packmates are, and some of us are better at doing that than others, but in the end you still have information that affects your actions, which includes whether you kill a packmate to try to gain credibility or save them to reach parity sooner. Villagers don't have that, and the seer can make an attempt at that and in my opinion has been allowed too much power in the form of the JL, but that's a different discussion.

One of the most potent strategies for the wolves is working together. The hard bit is doing so without appearing to do so, but I think you'll agree tat having the option open is an advantage for the wolves. In a perfect wolf pack the wolves would be able to work together and still look like a group of individual villagers.

I think the mere fact that you know three other players' roles necessitates the teamwork aspect of the role. You might try to forget who your packmates are, and some of us are better at doing that than others, but in the end you still have information that affects your actions, which includes whether you kill a packmate to try to gain credibility or save them to reach parity sooner. Villagers don't have that, and the seer can make an attempt at that and in my opinion has been allowed too much power in the form of the JL, but that's a different discussion.
Certainly a wolf isn't isolated from their packmates, but ultimately I view the wolf role as based around an individual. They can choose to work in a group, or they can work individually towards their own victory, which may or may not mean killing their teammates. It isn't as purely individual as a villager, true, but wolf play is still more individual than team driven.
One of the most potent strategies for the wolves is working together. The hard bit is doing so without appearing to do so, but I think you'll agree tat having the option open is an advantage for the wolves. In a perfect wolf pack the wolves would be able to work together and still look like a group of individual villagers.
Wolves working together openly pretty much never happens unless it's a push for parity. Too obvious, which is why 9 times out of 10 when people are run up for "working together", they did so inadvertently. In any event my view of perfect wolf play is four individually competent players running the village around by lynching villagers who incriminate themselves. So this game, baring your shooting yourself in the feet and the village being so braindead it didn't matter how the wolves played.

Revenge can be taken in the next Lite game!