• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question: What would such a scan yield, assuming a villager lover targets a wolf or vice versa? Or if a wolf lover targets another wolf?

I imagine it would go like this:

You scanned two people during the night, with one being a lover. The person you scanned may have been visited by a lover, or visiting someone else. One person was a wolf, the other was a villager.

In

Isn't it started? From what I read from the beginning.
I only see one introductory line of text. No actual beginning, while in big yellow letters it is announced the game won't start for another day at least.

So if a villager with the seer or GA trait choice chose GA does that mean there could be a seerless game or has the gm confirmed that there will be at least one in the game? Will there be only one person given these trait choices or could there be multiple?

Question: What would such a scan yield, assuming a villager lover targets a wolf or vice versa? Or if a wolf lover targets another wolf?
Assuming it is a seer scan, the seer would get something like:

You scanned player A but see two creatures, one wolf and one villager.
You scanned player A but see two wolves.

for the two wxamples you gave

So if a villager with the seer or GA trait choice chose GA does that mean there could be a seerless game or has the gm confirmed that there will be at least one in the game? Will there be only one person given these trait choices or could there be multiple?
I plan on giving everyone a different list of options. A lot of lists will be similar though and the same trait/role could well be on several players' lists but can also be on only one or two players' lists (I'm not having a game with 20 lovers for instance).

The option to have for instance the role "seer" might be given to several players but if they all chose some other option then yes, the game will be without seer. This is actually why I wanted to try the player pick role/trait thing since it will be much harder to figure out the setup. You won't be able to think "so the doc is dead then the JL spokesperson can not be protected every night" or "pack A had one brutal and one SA wolf so pack B must also have a brutal and a SA" etc.

The only role that is actually guaranteed to be in is werewolf (or else the game would end night 0). If for some weird reason all baddies pick cultist or sorcerer then I'll randomly assign at least one of them as werewolf.

(I'm not having a game with 20 lovers for instance).

That could give some quite hilarious scan results .. :D

The option to have for instance the role "seer" might be given to several players but if they all chose some other option then yes, the game will be without seer. This is actually why I wanted to try the player pick role/trait thing since it will be much harder to figure out the setup. You won't be able to think "so the doc is dead then the JL spokesperson can not be protected every night" or "pack A had one brutal and one SA wolf so pack B must also have a brutal and a SA" etc.

Myeah, I figured as much.

This is mostly a drawback for the village though .. I suspect it's a lot less risky this game for wolves to try and lie about their roles/traits in an attempt to infiltrate.
So on the one hand it hampers analysis a tad, on the other, it makes fun shenanigans a lot more likely and therefore paranoia levels higher / trust lower.

We'll see how this works out, I guess.
Will we get a list of what options are given to players or is that secret information, too? (I suspect not, as that may defeat the purpose, but I'll ask anyway)

The only role that is actually guaranteed to be in is werewolf (or else the game would end night 0). If for some weird reason all baddies pick cultist or sorcerer then I'll randomly assign at least one of them as werewolf.

.. of course.
So all the village needs to do then is lynch the only werewolf* on day 1 :D
Please don't.. :p

That could give some quite hilarious scan results .. :D
Not to mention being a nightmare for the GM to figure out which lover sleeps with another and thus stop him from going out. I'd expect a game like that to grind to a halt at nights and people mostly dying because of lynches and the occasional bloodbath when the wolves find a lovers' nest.

This is mostly a drawback for the village though .. I suspect it's a lot less risky this game for wolves to try and lie about their roles/traits in an attempt to infiltrate.
So on the one hand it hampers analysis a tad, on the other, it makes fun shenanigans a lot more likely and therefore paranoia levels higher / trust lower.

We'll see how this works out, I guess.
I don't think it will be all that different from other games I hosted. I usually try to make pack trait distribution etc. slightly asymmetric. But we'll see.

Will we get a list of what options are given to players or is that secret information, too? (I suspect not, as that may defeat the purpose, but I'll ask anyway)
No, you won't. I think I'll post a typical "villager choice" PM though so everyone get some idea how that would look like.

.. of course.
So all the village needs to do then is lynch the only werewolf* on day 1 :D
Please don't.. :p
Somehow I doubt this will be a problem.

Someone PM Ciryandor to inform him that this game is about to start with 33 players .. :)

I've added a new trait to the rules, "Distiller", which is a pure role blocker trait (or a watered down version of the lover trait if you'd rather see it as that)

Also the preliminary role assignments will start going out shortly (a bit ahead of time) but I think I'll need the extra time.

If Cultists aren't pack specific do they win with any wolf pack or do they have to attach themselves to one first?