• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do hunters die if attacked, even if they succeed in killing one of the wolves? I hope so.
Of course they die. Isn't that in the rules already?

EDIT: Hm, the rules weren't all that clear so I'll update them (later).

Now who else do we need to drag in?
Of the usual old suspects we're still missing snoop, Jopi, Slinky, marty, joeb, AVN, the_hdk, jonti, Lemeard and Rysz to name a few. There are also some "middle age" players like Sedracus, Adamus and Kaetje that's not in.

Does not prevent Seer apprentices being stolen by the Sorc, and then ratting out all the baddies so that the priest steals them back.
Then it's my English when I wrote the clarification that isn't good enough because that was exactly what I meant couldn't happen. The apprentice can get stolen exactly once, never twice, regardless of what scanner tries to do it. Maybe if I change "one" to "any" or remove the "from one master" the clarification would be clearer?

With that attitude, I'd rather you stayed out.
Oh, come one. One player expresses his faith in the GM's ability to set up the rules and you think he should quit? ;)

Yes. It is intended to put even more paranoia in the JL after a no-kill night. But I think JL the spokesman would be a more likely target.

Fun, fun, fun.
Also, fun.
Did I mention this is fun, yet?
Well, it's fun :D

Anyway - I'm interested to see how this affects the game. This rule alone makes the sorcerer a very important role. Same for protectors.
In what order are blesses and curses resolved? I can imagine us ending up with a blessed cursed JL spokesperson quite easily ..

The lover is as broken as always, imo.

Yep, broken. Really depending on who it is, but a JL spokesperson lover is just insane. What happens if a lover who is out is targed by "touch of evil", for instance?

At least tell people who target the lover that he isn't at home. Nicer would be if it was just the roleblock, without the becoming unhuntable and unscannable bit.
Or limit it some other way - by for example, making it a 50-50 chance to succeed in seducing, or letting the target know who is visiting them.

Great, WW was just needing some hardcore cheats...

hehe. Well, at least it's one per game..

The problem that I see is that someone will just use it to dodge a lynch. Eg. send in a conditional order, "if I am lynched, activate the cloak" and then never change that.
It sounds like a nice tactical thing to use against hunts, but I kinda doubt that it will work out that way.
Oh, and if you do this, that that person isn't even here, make him not count for parity either. Sounds only fair that is has at least a little drawback. Even better were if that person could not send in nightly orders and lost the right to vote as well.

About the cloak of hacks, I suggest toning it down by making the player choose which benefit he wants to see applied (a player can use it to evade the lynch, but then he is vulnerable to hunts and scans, for example). It will still be powerful as hell, but it won't be a real I-Win power.

I'd suggest doing this as well :p

Honestly though, the main way in which I see this affecting the game is by causing the village to run up the same person repeatedly. We really need to move away from such things, not have more of them.

Give an example of it working then. Because it was clear from my game that the self protection is just a way to punish wolves who do the exact right thing.

100% agreed there.

I had this trait in a few games and the only use anyone had of it was to get out of lynch, much like the leader-saves-himself. The potential is there for other things but you need to be either very lucky or have infiltrated the other side to time it right.

Hehe, exactly what I thought :p

Good. Then we are all in.

Awesome!

Now who else do we need to drag in?

Ironhead? Joeb? Thistletooth?

With that attitude, I'd rather you stayed out.

Stop being so serious - I doubt sbr is :p

Oh, come one. One player expresses his faith in the GM's ability to set up the rules and you think he should quit? ;)

It's not like that, Johho - I'd trust you to balance a game better than I'd trust myself. It's just that the enfants terrible must band together against guys like sbr who ride in on their dinosaurs waving their walking sticks at us. Even if that means agreeing with Reis.

Stop being so serious - I doubt sbr is :p

I wasn't totally serious either. Hostile, yes, but I wouldn't seriously tell anyone to stay out of a game.

Although that said... you know, at your age Randy, should you be keeping up such a hectic WW schedule? You don't want to over-exert yourself. Maybe you should sit this one out while I reheat your water bottle and adjust your knee rug?

Although that said... you know, at your age Randy, should you be keeping up such a hectic WW schedule? You don't want to over-exert yourself. Maybe you should sit this one out while I reheat your water bottle and adjust your knee rug?

Well, that naked woman sitting on the knee rug is getting a tad frisky, I guess I could do without it.. :p

It's not like that, Johho - I'd trust you to balance a game better than I'd trust myself. It's just that the enfants terrible must band together against guys like sbr who ride in on their dinosaurs waving their walking sticks at us. Even if that means agreeing with Reis.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In what order are blesses and curses resolved? I can imagine us ending up with a blessed cursed JL spokesperson quite easily ..
Cloak, Lover, Protectors, Blessed and finally Cursed.

What happens if a lover who is out is targed by "touch of evil", for instance?
Lover and lovee both gets cursed.

Oh, and if you do this, that that person isn't even here, make him not count for parity either. Sounds only fair that is has at least a little drawback. Even better were if that person could not send in nightly orders and lost the right to vote as well.
Good idea, I'll edit that in. :)

I'd suggest doing this as well :p
No.

Honestly though, the main way in which I see this affecting the game is by causing the village to run up the same person repeatedly. We really need to move away from such things, not have more of them.
I agree. But I won't change it...

I'll play if the n00bies stop bitching about the best WW GM's rules. Whatever rules johho wants to use are perfect and will work out perfectly.

In
What are you doing here, don't you have some ceilings to take photos of? :p

Cloak, Lover, Protectors, Blessed and finally Cursed.

Is that listed on the first page? (Sorry, too lazy to check ..)

Lover and lovee both gets cursed.

Wait - you can't get hunted, but still get cursed when you're not at home?!?
Interesting .. nowhere do the rules say that though.

Good idea, I'll edit that in. :)

You're welcome.

I agree. But I won't change it...

Your game, your rules, and I don't care enough to find it much of an issue anyway.
So when do we start? Tomorrow?
Will there be a deadline for choosing your role/traits?

You need to take one of your fellow youngsters and throw them at the dinosaur so that he will be distracted while consuming him. Then climb up and throw the rider off so the dinosaur will consume him as well. Then take hold of that beast and make him your bitch.

Then you are one of us Vain. And then you can enjoy the power of terrorizing the Werewolf Kingdom. Until EURO stabs you in the back. But that won't happen if you work with me and crush that evil jackal while we still can!

You need to take one of your fellow youngsters and throw them at the dinosaur so that he will be distracted while consuming him. Then climb up and throw the rider off so the dinosaur will consume him as well. Then take hold of that beast and make him your bitch.

Then you are one of us Vain. And then you can enjoy the power of terrorizing the Werewolf Kingdom. Until EURO stabs you in the back. But that won't happen if you work with me and crush that evil jackal while we still can!

Last time I agreed to help you in a Johho game, you turned on me for no apparent reason.

Mind you, last time reis tried to help me, I ended up getting hunted for it.

Tough choice.

Last time I agreed to help you in a Johho game, you turned on me for no apparent reason.

Tough choice.

I did not try to help you. Trying implicates some measure of effort put into improving your circumstances...

Is that listed on the first page? (Sorry, too lazy to check ..)
No, isn't it obvious? Oh, all right I'll put it in. *grumble, grumble*

Wait - you can't get hunted, but still get cursed when you're not at home?!?
Interesting .. nowhere do the rules say that though.
No, isn't it obvious? It's just like being scanned where the scan get both lover/lovee. Oh, all right I'll put it in. *grumble, grumble*

Your game, your rules, and I don't care enough to find it much of an issue anyway.
So when do we start? Tomorrow?
Will there be a deadline for choosing your role/traits?
Yes, deadline for chosing is the final role assignment deadline, approximate 24 hours after you get the preliminary role assignment with the multiple choice question. If you haven't made a choice by then I'll roll a dice for you. Hopefully most of you will have made your pick before that. At the final role assignment the ones of you that need additional info, like who your packmates are will get that.

Tough choice.

If I kill you at least there is dignity in such a death. On the other hand, getting killed by Reis is just plain humiliating.

But I won't turn on you. Until I do. But EURO is more dangerous, and we must stop him.