• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I for one doesnt hope that Da Swede is right :( Hearts of Iron isnt one of favourites unfortunally.

Da Swede said:
I know that it's HoI3. :cool:

How do I know this?
Because HoI2 had the codename Project Kolsyra (which translates into Carbonic acid in Swedish) according to Johan. And Johan carries the title Ramlösa which is a popular carbonated mineral water brand in Sweden.

That seems awfully logical. :eek:o Which might be just another way to trick y'all. :p

But awesome detective work nonetheless. :D

But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the Great war.

No, no.

I just got HOI: Anth, and so why is paradox going to punish me and bring out HOI3? When I buy vicky + ricky is that when they are going to release vicky 2 :rolleyes:

*crosses fingers*

Wämö said:
But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the Great war.
Yeah, me too. And i have a new theory:

This new game will be "Paradox's greatest production ever".

And what could possibly be greater than the Great War? ;)

none has thought that this might possibly be a game about romes defeat and the dark ages that ensued thereby bridging the gap between Rome and Eu3?

mayhem corresponds well with the periods of migrations and the fall of rome?

Johan said:
Or it could be because I borrowed the Fight Club book from King, and we kept doing the "I know this cause Tyler knows this" jokes for weeks that we called it Project Mayhem?

Ah, memories. A few years ago I was bored at a party and tried to convince someone that we were the same person.

Amadís de Gaula said:
The narrator starts off as a loyal participant in Project Mayhem, seeing it as the next step for the fight club. However, he becomes uncomfortable with the increasing destructiveness of their activities after it results in the death of Bob."
You mean Meat Loaf :eek:

If they did the western front of WWI, they'd need an entirely new perspective, perhaps even engine, to show that all important advance of 100 m in a week, when the game's speed is in minutes. Then everyone would bitch about how they got the Americans wrong, and perhaps the british? as they were able to push kilometers.

comagoosie said:
No, no.

I just got HOI: Anth, and so why is paradox going to punish me and bring out HOI3? When I buy vicky + ricky is that when they are going to release vicky 2 :rolleyes:

*crosses fingers*

You know what? Why don't you buy every Paradox game there is next week. That should make everyone happy. ;)

Don_Quigleone said:
The only problem with The Great War : The Western Front hardly moved...

Well, that's one of the fun parts, isn't it? Trying to find a weak spot and break through. :) I for one love the 1914 mod for HoI2, and especially when I face a stalemate for a couple of years. Great fun. :p

Draigh said:
You know what? Why don't you buy every Paradox game there is next week. That should make everyone happy. ;)

Except for his wallet. :p

Castro said:
You mean Meat Loaf :eek:

♫ The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling ♫
♫ Way down in the valley tonight ♫
♫ Theres a man in the shadows with a gun in his eye ♫
♫ And a blade shining oh so bright ♫
♫ Theres evil in the air and theres thunder in the sky ♫
♫ And a killers on the bloodshot streets ♫
♫ And down in the tunnel where the deadly are rising ♫
♫ Oh I swear I saw a young boy ♫
♫ Down in the gutter ♫
♫ He was starting to foam in the heat ♫​

So... post apocalyptic (post Tyler) urban gang warfare?

I could actually go for some of that. Freeform strat rpg with ~30 characters in play at once, scavenging, crafting, fighting, trying to eek out a new civilisation from the ashes of the old...

Individuals form relationships, go mad etc. a la Dwarf Fortress...

Damn. DAMNIT! Now I want a game in a genre I just made up. :'(

Amadís de Gaula said:
I´ve done some researching and...

Seems Mayhem is hard rock norwegian band, founded in 1983...

One of its hits was " Pure F...ing Armageddon".

So go figure...

Nicely done.

To fuel the conspiracy fire, when Johan responded just 6 minutes after your posting, he didn't use a characteristic one liner, but instead offered a different explanation all together...

:)