'War Effort' patches and 1.12.6 Open Beta

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AI obsessed with building Naval Ports - can anyone link me the bug report so that I could upvote it? Seems smashingly gamebreaking.

ZcWRzWh.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, you see that a lot from the UK and Japan. It seems like the AI loves to build ports to supply it's navy, but absolutely will not do the same for it's land forces. So you get the UK building vast numbers of ports out in the Indian Ocean but completely ignoring all it's out-of-supply troops in North Africa who just need a level 1 port at Marsa Matruh.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I get that combat ai with frontlines is no easy task, but building priorities for the ai, why is it still soooo bad? Why is the ai still focusing on armored cars? And that port focus? How?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Paradox, I have a very important suggestion to submit:
The swiss national focus "forbid nazi foreign propaganda" reduce fascism : that's ok. But it should only reduce the opinion of Germany, not the one of Italy. Because it's mentionned "NAZI" propaganda. Fascists of Italy ARE NOT NAZI. This is not the same thing.

So I suggest two choices:
- Call this focus "forbid fascist foreign propaganda", and effects can apply to both Germany and Italy.
- Or keep the term "nazi" nad apply effects to Germany only.

Attachments

• 20221117164011_1.jpg
    20221117164011_1.jpg
    674,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I usually see Japan occupy about half of China from about 1940 onwards. That seems about right to me, they did historically fail to occupy all of China, after all.

Reactions:
Well, in my current game (1.12.6) China was steamrolled and annexed by Japan by May 1939, so I guess it varies a lot. Maybe that depends on the Focus Tree picks, i.e. over here Japan remained fascist and from my experience it seems to generally net more for the AI.

Q3ujuII.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
When switching between Production and Open Beta and back Steam redownloads 50+ Mb of data each time. Switching between versions with no downloads would help if it can be done from a technical point of view. If I remember correctly post-NSB beta didn't need that.

Not really something we handle, that would probably on Valve's end.

Reactions:
UPD: Please disregard this, the problems were entirely on my side.

I filed a bug report for the current production release yet if affects Open Beta as well. If confirmed on other installations then it's pretty much game breaking. There's something wrong with the Naval Bases in Eritrea, Somaliland and Jubaland. It's most easily reproduced itself with dockyards -- you can build them in these states yet they will not increase NIC. Though I first run into the issue being unable to relocate to Ethiopian naval bases obsolete ships acquired through Ethiopia NF/Decision. When reachable naval regions are calculated they are clearly done taking into account naval bases in said states yet the ships refuse to relocate.

The significance is obvious -- Eritrea can only grow by getting useless African states around it. No naval invasions to juicier countries. Yet let's see the bug is reproducible by other people.

Last edited:
I filed a bug report for the current production release yet if affects Open Beta as well. If confirmed on other installations then it's pretty much game breaking. There's something wrong with the Naval Bases in Eritrea, Somaliland and Jubaland. It's most easily reproduced itself with dockyards -- you can build them in these states yet they will not increase NIC. Though I first run into the issue being unable to relocate to Ethiopian naval bases obsolete ships acquired through Ethiopia NF/Decision. When reachable naval regions are calculated they are clearly done taking into account naval bases in said states yet the ships refuse to relocate.

The significance is obvious -- Eritrea can only grow by getting useless African states around it. No naval invasions to juicier countries. Yet let's see the bug is reproducible by other people.

You are building in low compliance low building slot states, doesn't seem like the way its reported to be a bug?

Reactions:
May I abuse you replying so quickly? :) Is there a cap on commanders Attack/Defense/Planning/Logistics level? Not the overall skill level but combat bonuses.
You're playing with fire xD
I think some devs have their forum email notifications on. So they sometimes respond instantly which can be really nice.
But I would use this power carefully.
Don't want to scare them away.

• 3Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions: