'War Effort' patches and 1.12.6 Open Beta

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the devs did state they were aiming for monthly patches; those patches will had fixes for some of the more current issues as well as some small improvements to older content; there will not be any new coding - that will be saved for the next DLC cycle;
Yeah, these patches seem mostly designed to help deal with various minor bugs and issues that they haven't had time to deal with in bigger updates.
Sort of a way to avoid what happened with EU IV where the game basically collapsed under the weight of accumulated bugs and tech debt and the devs had to go into damage control mode to get it stabilized again.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Man i can't wait for the next beta patch to follow up this one. The progress is visible now but still u will see a plethora of problems regarding all kinds of stuff when digging the forum for half an hour. All things considered, i have faith in the "war effort" patches.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's agonizing enough to play France being underpowered to the level that it is, and not having enough generals, and some with generic French portraits is the icing on the cake of frustration.
Most of the time that I want to play with France, I feel almost compelled to play with mods.
And their generic air branch which wasn't touched in LaR, unlike the navy and army branches that turned out well in my opinion. Most of the time I forget the air branch even exists lol, since it's so small and hidden.

I generally like the France rework, but it feels somewhat incomplete.

• 3Like
Reactions:
What's the idea behind destroying a division in land combat granting (far) more warscore contribution than sinking the same division when it is amphibiously invading and about to land? Or even travelling, for that matter.

Just what's the logic?

BAAWHc1.jpg
Aupu1lh.jpg

Last edited:
What's the idea behind destroying a division in land combat granting (far) more warscore contribution than sinking the same division when it is amphibiously invading and about to land? Or even travelling, for that matter.

Just what's the logic?

BAAWHc1.jpg
Aupu1lh.jpg
It might be purely a game balance thing to stop navy from being overpowered.

And their generic air branch which wasn't touched in LaR, unlike the navy and army branches that turned out well in my opinion. Most of the time I forget the air branch even exists lol, since it's so small and hidden.

I generally like the France rework, but it feels somewhat incomplete.
Didn't remember they had one lol. I mean, looking at it now i understand why.

I agree that the military and navy branches are pretty cool, but am I the only one who feels terrible having to go through three 70 day focuses that do practically nothing to get a research slot? I compare them with the Soviet Union ones from the navy branch, or with the newly added colonies ones to Italy and I get drepressed. Not only do they last 35 days, but they also give you more interesting things than building slots that you probably don't use, plus the addition of getting naval dockyards or civilian factories for investing your time in completing them, which is much less than if you want to complete the french ones.

I don't know, I would like to see a time reduction of 35 days to the french ones or at least if you complete "Industrial Expansion" or "Colonial Industry", those focuses of invest gives you the civilian or military factories anyways, instead of proactively investing in them.

Reactions:
As someone who studied fascism quite closely as part of my graduate studies, I basically agree with this. I understand the OP's argument, but this is really just hairsplitting at this point.
I agree. A game like HOI doesn't have to be the place to redress people's slight misunderstanding of history. Simply reflecting what the mainstream understanding is would be enough.

Reactions:
Oh also, haven't got the time to try the OPEN_BETA yet, but i want to ask anyone who has tried that.

Does the "Agricultural Society" spirit for RAJ actually got reworked by making it as a dynamic modifiers for each RAJ core states, and "Administrative Oversight" (thanks, @BubblesZestje ) decisions from that foci lifts off those dynamic modifiers for each state....

OR

The Agri-Society spirit remains a national spirit, and the Admin-Oversight decisions just improves that spirit by a limited amount each time?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi Dev, since you are working to improve the older content, would you consider adding more generals to those nations as well? Thx!
I can only join you in this request. Currently the game lacks important historical characters such as Nagumo, Vian, Schörner, von Reichenau, Crerar, Simonds, Noguès, Corap and many others.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh also, haven't got the time to try the OPEN_BETA yet, but i want to ask anyone who has tried that.

Does the "Agricultural Society" spirit for RAJ actually got reworked by making it as a dynamic modifiers for each RAJ core states, and "Administrative Oversight" (thanks, @BubblesZestje ) decisions from that foci lifts off those dynamic modifiers for each state....

OR

The Agri-Society spirit remains a national spirit, and the Admin-Oversight decisions just improves that spirit by a limited amount each time?

The latter.

Reactions:
The latter.
Ah, thanks..... Seems unrealistic tho, but indeed simpler than my first guess.

I've seen the decision tab regarding the Russian Civil War, and managing the dynamic modifiers for the four factions are complicated.

Reactions: